Ravens are no joke. Not a Flacco fan at all, but that D is legit. For us they are a good matchup. Nobody can stop us and we can’t stop anybody. I think this is a pretty good matchup for us. That said, one of us could get steam rolled. And it could be either of us. 

I say 24-34 Chiefs. There is a little homer in that prediction. Could easily be the opposite.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 hours ago, Dan4pres said:

I really noticed the negative Fouts yesterday too. He was questioning every positive play the Chiefs made. He needs to get over the fact that his former team (the Chargers) can't beat the Chiefs and TRY to be a little objective. It was starting to get embarrassing. 

According to Fouts every pass that Mahomes completed should have been intercepted.

1 hour ago, Legend of AC said:

Baltimore Ravens are the number 1 defense in football by a wide margin.  I realize facts don’t matter to some of you though.  But, they’re much better than Jacksonville.

Total BS based on which stats you are looking at. DVOA defense combines a lot more metrics and includes adjustments for schedule strength, situation and recent play.  Top defense in the NFL are the Bears. Baltimore 5th, Jax 7th.  

Ravens are outstanding in yards per play allowed which I personally value.  But to suggest your yardage stat is THE stat to use to evaluate defenses is just stupid.  

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

Total BS based on which stats you are looking at. DVOA defense combines a lot more metrics and includes adjustments for schedule strength, situation and recent play.  Top defense in the NFL are the Bears. Baltimore 5th, Jax 7th.  

Ravens are outstanding in yards per play allowed which I personally value.  But to suggest your yardage stat is THE stat to use to evaluate defenses is just stupid.  

You seem to be arguing over minor details simply to disagree with me.  I think we can both agree they’re very good, yes?  

2 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

When they played the Bills #31, Bengals twice #27, Titans #28, and Raiders #22. So 5 of the teams they played live in the cellar regarding offenses. The ones in the top 10 they lost to, actually split with Pittsburgh and Carolina was #11, another loss.

What does it matter how high your D is ranked when roughly half your games were against the offensively challenged and the majority of the games you lost were ranked 14th or higher?

You're still living in the Defense wins Championship mentality and the NFL has changed that in the name of rankings and revenue. 

He lives in the,  whatever can make the chiefs look bad I'll pump up,  mentality. Been like that for a while now. 

35 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

You seem to be arguing over minor details simply to disagree with me.  I think we can both agree they’re very good, yes?  

My point is that when you want to call people out on facts when in reality your cherry picking certain stats that fit your agenda.  As it pertains to Baltimore they are a very good veteran defense. As are the Jags and Broncos. Heck Cardinals too  Jags and Cards just have no complimentary offense this year   

Ravens are fundamentally sound and lock people down more than attack and create turnovers. They hold teams to the fewest yards per play ,fewest first downs and overall yards. They’ve only got 5 INTs all year though.  (The Bears have 21!) We’re likely gonna get more work for Colquitt than we have all year especially if we can’t figure out run game or have Watkins back in earnest. 

Ravens are a solid bunch on defense. To say they won't slow the Chiefs down is probably wishful thinking. But even slowing them down could mean the Chiefs put up 30 or so points.

I know the Chiefs defense is bad in some areas. But there are some areas they are good at. QB pressures and sacks being one...and getting turnovers being another. In today's NFL it is so skewed to the offensive side of the ball that most teams don't have a stellar shut down defense. It's more about creating defensive "moments". The Chiefs can do that.

If my math is correct, the Chiefs have given up 88 points in five games in Arrowhead.  Part of that may be the quality of opposing offenses in their home games, but my hope is that the defense just plays better in that atmosphere.  17.6 points/game will win most games no matter how good the opposing defense.  It would take a lot of turnovers to lose if the defense plays that well at home.

3 hours ago, dhitter said:

Ravens are a solid bunch on defense. To say they won't slow the Chiefs down is probably wishful thinking. But even slowing them down could mean the Chiefs put up 30 or so points.

I know the Chiefs defense is bad in some areas. But there are some areas they are good at. QB pressures and sacks being one...and getting turnovers being another. In today's NFL it is so skewed to the offensive side of the ball that most teams don't have a stellar shut down defense. It's more about creating defensive "moments". The Chiefs can do that.

We only scored 2 offensive TDs vs Jax at Arrowhead with Kareem and Sammy.  If we get similar defensive effort from Ravens without giving the ball away all game like the Jags, we would need to hold them to about 17-20 points to win.  Are we capable of that at all? Heck we only scored 26 and had to punt 5 times vs a pretty salty Cardinals defense again with Kareem.  So notion we are going to score 30 against any good defense just isn’t true especially. now.  As we rework running game

5 hours ago, VIChiefsFan said:

If we lose to the Ravens, the Chargers basically control their own destiny for HFA.

We will still be ahead if them even if we do lose. They have 2 conference losses and we still would control ourbown destiny. Win the next 2 and we win the division because the last 2 would give us conference win tie breaker. The boat 2 then would be for seeding.

12 hours ago, Legend of AC said:

Baltimore Ravens are the number 1 defense in football by a wide margin.  I realize facts don’t matter to some of you though.  But, they’re much better than Jacksonville.

#1 in Yards Allowed- to me thats a bad stat to use to rank them. #1 in points scored against tho....

12 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

When they played the Bills #31, Bengals twice #27, Titans #28, and Raiders #22. So 5 of the teams they played live in the cellar regarding offenses. The ones in the top 10 they lost to, actually split with Pittsburgh and Carolina was #11, another loss.

What does it matter how high your D is ranked when roughly half your games were against the offensively challenged and the majority of the games you lost were ranked 14th or higher?

You're still living in the Defense wins Championship mentality and the NFL has changed that in the name of rankings and revenue. 

You play the schedule in front of you....

People play differently in Playoffs, a defense will travel in the cold weather.

10 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

My point is that when you want to call people out on facts when in reality your cherry picking certain stats that fit your agenda.  As it pertains to Baltimore they are a very good veteran defense. As are the Jags and Broncos. Heck Cardinals too  Jags and Cards just have no complimentary offense this year   

Ravens are fundamentally sound and lock people down more than attack and create turnovers. They hold teams to the fewest yards per play ,fewest first downs and overall yards. They’ve only got 5 INTs all year though.  (The Bears have 21!) We’re likely gonna get more work for Colquitt than we have all year especially if we can’t figure out run game or have Watkins back in earnest. 

Yeah...facts.  Baltimore Ravens are giving up 281/yds a game and 17 pts, both best in football.  If the Chiefs were doing that we’d be screaming praise.  But nobody likes objectivity, I get it.  

Chiefs have a great offense, Baltimore has a great defense, so we’ll see how it shakes out.  Personally, this game in my view is very scary, primarily because our defense cannot be trusted to stop anyone and theirs can.  

12 hours ago, DieHard said:

Ravens are no joke. Not a Flacco fan at all, but that D is legit. For us they are a good matchup. Nobody can stop us and we can’t stop anybody. I think this is a pretty good matchup for us. That said, one of us could get steam rolled. And it could be either of us. 

I say 24-34 Chiefs. There is a little homer in that prediction. Could easily be the opposite.

12 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

I'm anticipating Lamar Jackson this week and the Chiefs will be fighting all afternoon. 

Lamar is the QB going forward- Joe is not cleared to PLAY, just practice.

Unless Lamar gets injured, I doubt you see Joe again in a Ravens uniform p[laying on the field

22 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

That is the fear- Chiefs avg something like 74 yds in 2:31 with an avg of 3.3 Points scored per drive- might be even more.

Your avg score is 37 and avg giving up 27

Ravens avg 27.8 and give up an avg of 17.8

I predict a pretty close game and I could see a score like this, with the Chiefs winning 27-17.  Arrowhead gives them an advantage.  How is the kid going to deal with all that noise?  It will be a good test for him.  If balt can run the shit out of it and get the crowd disinterested, they might have a shot.

23 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

Yeah...facts.  Baltimore Ravens are giving up 281/yds a game and 17 pts, both best in football.  If the Chiefs were doing that we’d be screaming praise.  But nobody likes objectivity, I get it.  

Chiefs have a great offense, Baltimore has a great defense, so we’ll see how it shakes out.  Personally, this game in my view is very scary, primarily because our defense cannot be trusted to stop anyone and theirs can.  

Actually if the Chiefs were doing that you would be screaming fraud numbers and making up excuses for it....

Do agree though, I think this after Denver this is the best defense we play and Jax is close (even with their inconsistent play).   This will really test our run game and we'll need Mahomie to get the W.

5 minutes ago, SEMO said:

I predict a pretty close game and I could see a score like this, with the Chiefs winning 27-17.  Arrowhead gives them an advantage.  How is the kid going to deal with all that noise?  It will be a good test for him.  If balt can run the shit out of it and get the crowd disinterested, they might have a shot.

I honestly have no idea....

I do not have confidence that Lamar could pass the ball enough to bring us back from a deficit. Joe would have a better chance in that scenario but he might not even suit up.

Might be RGIII to the rescue- he can run, not as fast as Lamar,  but he is a better passer fo sho....

Archived