• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/3/2018 at 9:20 AM, liquidfriend said:

Ball control isn't going to work on a team that can drive 80 yards in under a minute.

The Ravens are gonna have to find a way to score 40+

Maybe.  The top strategy against the Chiefs is to keep the ball out of the hands of Mahomes and the offense.  That's done by controlling the ball with good running.  Baltimore has that.  If they can take 5 or more minutes off of the possession time for the Chiefs, it will take less than 40 points to win against us.  Maybe thirty or even less.  This is going to come down to some mixture of Chiefs run defense and the usual  turnover battle. Most likely, the Chiefs will win if they can get two, maybe three stops against the Baltimore offense.  I don't think Berry will be ready to help much yet.  Sorenson seems to be getting his legs back.

12 hours ago, Palangi said:

He lives in the,  whatever can make the chiefs look bad I'll pump up,  mentality. Been like that for a while now. 

This is a fact.  If we are winning we don’t see much from him. If something goes wrong you can expect multiple new threads created to dramatize it.  It’s curious indeed but oh well. This is just a message board for fun and there’s no real way to tell if he or anyone else is disingenuous or not.  So i just roll with it.  I do like the monkey slinging crap analogy or ankle biter though.  

Im assuming he’s taking the Ravens in this game?  I’m pretty concerned about this game without Kareem so I’ll feel better if he does.  😀

2 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

This is a fact.  If we are winning we don’t see much from him. If something goes wrong you can expect multiple new threads created to dramatize it.  It’s curious indeed but oh well. This is just a message board for fun and there’s no real way to tell if he or anyone else is disingenuous or not.  So i just roll with it. 

I think it is a legitimate thread, regardless of whoever started it.  Let's discuss football, not forum personalities.  If we can't do that, then a thread is not worth wasting time on.

11 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

This is a fact.  If we are winning we don’t see much from him. If something goes wrong you can expect multiple new threads created to dramatize it.  It’s curious indeed but oh well. This is just a message board for fun and there’s no real way to tell if he or anyone else is disingenuous or not.  So i just roll with it.  I do like the monkey slinging crap analogy or ankle biter though.  

Im assuming he’s taking the Ravens in this game?  I’m pretty concerned about this game without Kareem so I’ll feel better if he does.  😀

7 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I think it is a legitimate thread, regardless of whoever started it.  Let's discuss football, not forum personalities.  If we can't do that, then a thread is not worth wasting time on.

I am pretty sure they were talking about Legend of AC

Not moi....I am, of course, the resident Troll to most people.....so ......

14 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

That’s nonsense.  I’m in the GDT ever damn week and have posted numerous threads highlighting the Chiefs accomplishments.  Take your blinders off and be truthful if you’re going to make that kind of statement.

23 hours ago, Legend of AC said:

Ravens defense is going to give us problems.  Biggest test of the year so far for this O.

Having Morse back adds the element of pulling.  He can move in space and comes to the aid of other linemen when necessary.  The running game will be different but better, maybe enough to neutralize the loss of Hunt.  Williams could have a good day with Morse in there. Either way, this game will be a struggle and will be difficult to get a win.  I dislike predictions in general because there is always too much that is unpredictable in any game...turnovers and injuries specifically.  If the Chiefs win the turnover battle, they win.  The Mahomes factor is big.  Baltimore has not played against him before.  If they let him get outside the pocket and improvise, Baltimore is toast.

20 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Maybe.  The top strategy against the Chiefs is to keep the ball out of the hands of Mahomes and the offense.  That's done by controlling the ball with good running.  Baltimore has that.  If they can take 5 or more minutes off of the possession time for the Chiefs, it will take less than 40 points to win against us.  Maybe thirty or even less.  This is going to come down to some mixture of Chiefs run defense and the usual  turnover battle. Most likely, the Chiefs will win if they can get two, maybe three stops against the Baltimore offense.  I don't think Berry will be ready to help much yet.  Sorenson seems to be getting his legs back.

Time of possession:

vs Falcons- 39:39  Falcons 2-9 on 3rd down Falcons had two possessions for 4 mins in 4th qtr

vs Raiders 34:21 Raiders 3-10 on 3rd down

vs Bengals 38:09 Bengals 6-14 on 3rd down

3 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Having Morse back adds the element of pulling.  He can move in space and comes to the aid of other linemen when necessary.  The running game will be different but better, maybe enough to neutralize the loss of Hunt.  Williams could have a good day with Morse in there. Either way, this game will be a struggle and will be difficult to get a win.  I dislike predictions in general because there is always too much that is unpredictable in any game...turnovers and injuries specifically.  If the Chiefs win the turnover battle, they win.  The Mahomes factor is big.  Baltimore has not played against him before.  If they let him get outside the pocket and improvise, Baltimore is toast.

Kelce is the biggest threat- we cannot cover TE's at all....too slow in the middle....

21 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Time of possession:

vs Falcons- 39:39  Falcons 2-9 on 3rd down Falcons had two possessions for 4 mins in 4th qtr

vs Raiders 34:21 Raiders 3-10 on 3rd down

vs Bengals 38:09 Bengals 6-14 on 3rd down

Don't think it matters for TOP as Chiefs score quickly and often in most games. I think we get up early and force your QB to throw which leads us to a win.

48 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

That’s nonsense.  I’m in the GDT ever damn week and have posted numerous threads highlighting the Chiefs accomplishments.  Take your blinders off and be truthful if you’re going to make that kind of statement.

I stand corrected then. If you say you post many positive threads then I’ll take your word for it.  Doesn’t seem that way but I’m not going back to check it out.  As I said, this is a message board for fun. 

That said and on point who you got on Sunday?

41 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Kelce is the biggest threat- we cannot cover TE's at all....too slow in the middle....

That’s funny because covering tight ends is without question our absolute biggest weakness. We are a complete disaster in that regard. Jared Cook crushed us last week.    

27 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Don't think it matters for TOP as Chiefs score quickly and often in most games. I think we get up early and force your QB to throw which leads us to a win.

Mahomes has been forcing to many downfield throws recently.  I’d love to see a little more patience in the Alex mode this week with tactical shots as it seems like teams are giving us underneath stuff. 

38 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I know I already posted in another thread that the Chiefs drives avg 74 yds, 2:31 in possession and yield 3.3 points per drive....

14 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

That’s funny because covering tight ends is without question our absolute biggest weakness. We are a complete disaster in that regard. Jared Cook crushed us last week.    

The Ravens are so slow in the middle of the field on defense- on the other hand, Hayden Hurst and Mark Andrews can bal. Willie Snead out of the slot should be open all day long again the KC D....

12 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Mahomes has been forcing to many downfield throws recently.  I’d love to see a little more patience in the Alex mode this week with tactical shots as it seems like teams are giving us underneath stuff. 

Ravens back end blanketed Julio, Suno and Ridley  last weekend....Ryan had nowhere to go with the ball.

5 hours ago, kkuenn said:

We will still be ahead if them even if we do lose. They have 2 conference losses and we still would control ourbown destiny. Win the next 2 and we win the division because the last 2 would give us conference win tie breaker. The boat 2 then would be for seeding.

By controlling their own destiny I meant they could beat us, ie win out and end up with HFA.    If we don't lose to Baltimore they can still win out and not end up ahead of us.

32 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I stand corrected then. If you say you post many positive threads then I’ll take your word for it.  Doesn’t seem that way but I’m not going back to check it out.  As I said, this is a message board for fun. 

That said and on point who you got on Sunday?

I have faith in Patrick Mahomes and think we pull out a close one.  I do think this game is going to be a grinder and wish we had 27.

32 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

The downfield shots are still effective, because they ensure that deep guys are kept back there.  It ends up opening up those tactical shots.  The downfield throws are more of a shot across the bow, a warning.  If they are complete, even better.  But they are still effective when they don't.  The big advantage with Mahomes is that the shorter tactical passes are lasers, accurately blasted into tight windows.  In many ways, Mahomes is Alex Smith but with more throwing speed and accuracy, less caution, and the ability to throw those technical shots while being flushed from the pocket and throwing from any body or arm position while maintaining accuracy.  That is extremely hard to beat and scares the bejesus out of opponents...as it should.

12 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

I just read the James Connor is out for the Steelers @Oakland.....that could be huge...we could lose this game, Steelers lose and we still would jump to the 4th seed winning the division.....

The Steelers won't lose to Oakland unless Ben takes the day off.  Oakland won't play as well as they did against KC.  There's a long tradition of games between OAK and KC where the huge under dog plays over their heads in the rivalry. 

Bal can pass PIT when the Steelers lose to NO and NE.

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

I am pretty sure they were talking about Legend of AC

Not moi....I am, of course, the resident Troll to most people.....so ......

Just curious, Hands.  Would you rather be playing the Chiefs or the Chargers if the Raven playoff chances were on the line, which they are?

5 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

The downfield shots are still effective, because they ensure that deep guys are kept back there.  It ends up opening up those tactical shots.  The downfield throws are more of a shot across the bow, a warning.  If they are complete, even better.  But they are still effective when they don't.  The big advantage with Mahomes is that the shorter tactical passes are lasers, accurately blasted into tight windows.  In many ways, Mahomes is Alex Smith but with more throwing speed and accuracy, less caution, and the ability to throw those technical shots while being flushed from the pocket and throwing from any body or arm position while maintaining accuracy.  That is extremely hard to beat and scares the bejesus out of opponents...as it should.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not suggesting we go away from the deep ball.  That’s his MO and helps open up running game and underneath stuff. I’m just saying it seems like he’s been pressing when there’s some better options underneath that he was using earlier in the season as he was maybe on a tighter leash.  These better defenses we play the next three games require a strong dose of game management along with the rare play making ability Mahomes brings. 

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

dave chappelle what GIF

Why would you ever want Mahomes not to be aggressive? 

I think this goes alot like the 2nd game with Denver.   Denver is a better running team but with our D it won't matter.  Their D is good and will slow us down but ultimately I don't think they can put up enough points to keep up.   Jackson is making his 4th career start and typically Arrowhead isn't kind to young QBs making their first visit to Arrowhead.   

One advantage that KC may have is the RBBC approach.  Andy now has a week to game plan for this.  He will be able to throw some things out there that hasn't been seen on tape by anybody.   May be an advantage it may not, but something to throw out there.  

4 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

The Chiefs haven't won ToP and still won the game.  The only goes they've lost have been when the opponents scored over 40.

I'll stand by what I said.

Archived