2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

That’s funny because covering tight ends is without question our absolute biggest weakness. We are a complete disaster in that regard. Jared Cook crushed us last week.    

We lost to the rams because of the touchdown bomb to TE

we lost to the pats because of a bomb to the TE

BOTH losses

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

dave chappelle what GIF

Why would you ever want Mahomes not to be aggressive? 

Absolutely not. In fact Andy Reid said today he thought Mahomes was a little rusty on Sunday with the time off but he wanted him to "keep firing."  I'm talking about throwing to a wide open Travis Kelce 15 yards downfield instead of throwing into double coverage 50 yards downfield. Sometimes the first down throw is exactly what we need. 

7 minutes ago, Calichief said:

We lost to the rams because of the touchdown bomb to TE

we lost to the pats because of a bomb to the TE

BOTH losses

Yep. Priority one this offseason is finding a guy who can cover tight ends. Berry is supposed to be that guy but I don't think we want to put all of our apples into that cart. Dorian O Daniel has potential but I'd prefer another safety whos proven at least at the college level he can do it. 

5 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Absolutely not. In fact Andy Reid said today he thought Mahomes was a little rusty on Sunday with the time off but he wanted him to "keep firing."  I'm talking about throwing to a wide open Travis Kelce 15 yards downfield instead of throwing into double coverage 50 yards downfield. Sometimes the first down throw is exactly what we need. 

Ah ok, when you said Alex I had visions of a 2 yard dump down....

3 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

That’s funny because covering tight ends is without question our absolute biggest weakness. We are a complete disaster in that regard. Jared Cook crushed us last week.    

Cook got a large chunk of his yardage because werthers was stupid enough to demand his gimpy linebacker to cover him one on one.  Although it was sad and very pathetic that he owned 2 of our Defenders to fight for the last yard to move the sticks.  Man our unit is filled with weak schmucks.

42 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

Ah ok, when you said Alex I had visions of a 2 yard dump down....

I watched the Bears game this weekend with Chase Daniel and it almost made me cringe thinking about going back to that offense after what we have seen with Mahomes. Just saying if the defense is going to give you and easy first down. Take it. 

Just saw an interesting stat  The Ravens have 11 rushing fumbles this year. By far the most in the AFC.  They have been pretty fortunate it looks like to get 8 of those 11 back. But odds are that will swing the other way. And while we know we are not very adept at tackling the interesting counter stat is that we have actually forced the most fumbles in the AFC. So its the team who fumbles the most vs the team that creates the most fumbles. Something to watch anyway. 

5 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Ravens back end blanketed Julio, Suno and Ridley  last weekend....Ryan had nowhere to go with the ball.

This is what concerns me. The difference IMO is Mahomes. I think he's better than Ryan (far better). Especially outside the pocket.

Matt Ryan is Ned Stark, and Mahomes is Ser Arthur Dayne.

I am pretty sure they were talking about Legend of AC

Not moi....I am, of course, the resident Troll to most people.....so ......

This is why Hands in Pants is on my ignore list. He is always trying to stir things up. Defines a TROLL. He does not ad value to my world. As a group we can not discuss this topic because he completely dominates a discussion worth having.

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

Just saw an interesting stat  The Ravens have 11 rushing fumbles this year. By far the most in the AFC.  They have been pretty fortunate it looks like to get 8 of those 11 back. But odds are that will swing the other way. And while we know we are not very adept at tackling the interesting counter stat is that we have actually forced the most fumbles in the AFC. So its the team who fumbles the most vs the team that creates the most fumbles. Something to watch anyway. 

One thing I do worry about is Hunt never fumbled. I hope we can continue doing that from our rb group.

7 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Cook got a large chunk of his yardage because werthers was stupid enough to demand his gimpy linebacker to cover him one on one.  Although it was sad and very pathetic that he owned 2 of our Defenders to fight for the last yard to move the sticks.  Man our unit is filled with weak schmucks.

We were in Tampa 2 zone on the long TD and all Hitchens had to do was take a deeper drop.  But he bit on the stupid little dig route move.  He’s just miserable in coverage of any kind. So much so it’s Suttons fault if he’s in there on passing downs. 

May concern here is Gruden actually provided some good offensive game film for Harbaugh. I did read we basically benched Murray after blowing that run blitz play. So maybe this will lead to Lucas seeing more PT.  Having even a 75 percent Eric Berry back would make a difference too. We are that bad at safety and ILB in coverage.  

7 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Actually, they lost to the Patriots because Speaks didn't complete the sack on Brady and lost the Rams because Scandrick dropped the clinching int.

At the end of the game when we needed stops, the defense couldn’t stop those tight ends.

On 12/4/2018 at 7:13 AM, Legend of AC said:

Chiefs have made themselves look bad by choking in the playoffs during the past 40 years.  Fact.

I say quit living in the past. If you believe in Mahomes there is no reason to think the next 15 years will be anything like the last 40.

19 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

So what you're saying is start both starting tightends in my fantasy league using my flex option. Lol

21 hours ago, jetlord said:

Just curious, Hands.  Would you rather be playing the Chiefs or the Chargers if the Raven playoff chances were on the line, which they are?

Chargers of course.....I penciled in the Chiefs game as an L at the beginning of the season, halfway thru and even now. We have a chance but it is slim....

16 hours ago, FANATIC said:

I am pretty sure they were talking about Legend of AC

Not moi....I am, of course, the resident Troll to most people.....so ......

This is why Hands in Pants is on my ignore list. He is always trying to stir things up. Defines a TROLL. He does not ad value to my world. As a group we can not discuss this topic because he completely dominates a discussion worth having.

People are asking about my team in a game your team plays this week.

Get over yourself already.

16 hours ago, qnet said:

This is what concerns me. The difference IMO is Mahomes. I think he's better than Ryan (far better). Especially outside the pocket.

Matt Ryan is Ned Stark, and Mahomes is Ser Arthur Dayne.

Never said Ryan was as good a PM; nor did I mean to imply that....Just that were were able to smother 3 damn good WR's.

8 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Never said Ryan was as good a PM; nor did I mean to imply that....Just that were were able to smother 3 damn good WR's.

Ryan is a very good QB in my opinion. But for whatever reason that Falcons offense has been in the complete tank for the last month (haven't scored 20 points in their last 4). That said without Watkins or Hunt we are really limiting our options here against a Ravens defense playing really well. At some point this has to catch up to us. I personally think we are going to need one of our best defensive efforts of the year on Sunday (after laying a complete egg there on Sunday) against you.

33 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

I knew exactly what you meant, that's why I said it concerned me.  I was just having fun with the Game of Thrones reference. 

59 minutes ago, qnet said:

I knew exactly what you meant, that's why I said it concerned me.  I was just having fun with the Game of Thrones reference. 

Ah geez....as one of my oldest acquaintance's on this Board, I normally get exactly what you are saying.

Alas, I know nothing of of GoT.....never seen an episode.

Archived