1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

Ryan is a very good QB in my opinion. But for whatever reason that Falcons offense has been in the complete tank for the last month (haven't scored 20 points in their last 4). That said without Watkins or Hunt we are really limiting our options here against a Ravens defense playing really well. At some point this has to catch up to us. I personally think we are going to need one of our best defensive efforts of the year on Sunday (after laying a complete egg there on Sunday) against you.

I think Kelce is going to kill us across the middle and down the seam....Cover 2 with man on Hill, I hope Conley can't catch a cold.

Keep Mahomes off the field with Lamar running it all over the place....if the Raiders got 176, we should run for close to 250.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

33 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

I think Kelce is going to kill us across the middle and down the seam....Cover 2 with man on Hill, I hope Conley can't catch a cold.

Keep Mahomes off the field with Lamar running it all over the place....if the Raiders got 176, we should run for close to 250.

Watkins practiced today so if he get through the week with no further foot issues that could be very helpful for KC.  I’m guessing they hold Berry out til the Chargers game but it’s possible we see his debut which couldn’t hurt. 

42 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Ah geez....as one of my oldest acquaintance's on this Board, I normally get exactly what you are saying.

Alas, I know nothing of of GoT.....never seen an episode.

Ha ha!  Yeah I figured that. 

Also,  the fact that the Ravens held those three Falcons receivers down, concerns me a lot. 

48 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

I knew Greg was a true ravens fan

The Broncos fear Emmanuel Sanders suffered a torn Achilles' in Wednesday's practice.

Ouch. Sanders popped up on the injury report with a heel issue last week, so perhaps this has something to do with that. Sanders went down in a heap at Wednesday's practice while making a cut against air. A torn Achilles' could put Sanders up against it to be ready for Week 1 next season as a 32-year-old. In the meantime, Courtland Sutton will take over as the No. 1 receiver.

4 hours ago, qnet said:

Ha ha!  Yeah I figured that. 

Also,  the fact that the Ravens held those three Falcons receivers down, concerns me a lot. 

I've only watched one Falcons game this year, but they looked completely vanilla and predictable on offense.  Their receivers were blanketed the whole time because it appeared (to my highly untrained mind) that their route concepts were extremely basic.  I think it was the last Saints game.  If that is the offense the Raven's held down, I would suggest it may have had something to do with the play calling and execution.  Regardless, the Falcons skill-group has nothing on Hill-Kelce-Conley-Watkins.  I'm just hopeful the Chiefs get the running game figured out a bit.  I don't expect them to run for 150 against the Ravens, but with full week of practice sans Hunt I hope they look more competent and game ready.

15 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Lamar

He asked who Greg is.  I said Anti Cassel.  Then pointed out the AC in your name is short for that.  You are Chiefsp.  And it was always a race between the two of you as to who could predict a loss. 

Oh, I just thought that you thought I was AC.

45 minutes ago, TomahawkChop said:

I've only watched one Falcons game this year, but they looked completely vanilla and predictable on offense.  Their receivers were blanketed the whole time because it appeared (to my highly untrained mind) that their route concepts were extremely basic.  I think it was the last Saints game.  If that is the offense the Raven's held down, I would suggest it may have had something to do with the play calling and execution.  Regardless, the Falcons skill-group has nothing on Hill-Kelce-Conley-Watkins.  I'm just hopeful the Chiefs get the running game figured out a bit.  I don't expect them to run for 150 against the Ravens, but with full week of practice sans Hunt I hope they look more competent and game ready.

I wouldn't say that. The Falcons don't have a TE on the level of Kelce (no one does IMO), but their receivers are pretty talented. Have you heard of Julio Jones?  The Ravens holding him down alone, is impressive. I love the Chiefs as much as you, but the they don't have a receiver on the roster on his level IMO.  

I see a lot of Falcons games, living near ATL, and they can be as explosive as the Chiefs. I'm not sure what's wrong with them this season, because I really don't pay attention to them  like I do the Chiefs.

On 12/4/2018 at 2:12 PM, liquidfriend said:

The Chiefs haven't won ToP and still won the game.  The only goes they've lost have been when the opponents scored over 40.

I'll stand by what I said.

It's still the best strategy against us.  It just has to be done better than it is most of the time.  Other teams have to simply TRY to limit the points we score.  Keep it out of the offense's hand and then then pray.  That's why we will be so dangerous in the playoffs.  I'm certain that Reid is training Mahomes to play hurry up in order to make those game winning, last minute drives.  We have already seen it this year.  With our offense, "hurry up" throws defenses into a state of panic.  Right now, Mahomes is using almost all of his time to position players and read defenses.  But when the clock demands it, he is learning how to bring in a series of scripted plays from Reid and simply execute them, no matter how the defense is lining up.  With a great QB and weapons, TOP is a pretty meaningless statistic.

53 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

It's still the best strategy against us.  It just has to be done better than it is most of the time.  Other teams have to simply TRY to limit the points we score.  Keep it out of the offense's hand and then then pray.  That's why we will be so dangerous in the playoffs.  I'm certain that Reid is training Mahomes to play hurry up in order to make those game winning, last minute drives.  We have already seen it this year.  With our offense, "hurry up" throws defenses into a state of panic.  Right now, Mahomes is using almost all of his time to position players and read defenses.  But when the clock demands it, he is learning how to bring in a series of scripted plays from Reid and simply execute them, no matter how the defense is lining up.  With a great QB and weapons, TOP is a pretty meaningless statistic.

Good points.  Mahomes showed what he can do at the end of the first half in the OAK game.  I believe TOP is overrated as a strategy.  Slowing the game might mean fewer chances for the Chiefs to score, but it also means fewer chances for the opponent.  Normally, BOTH teams get the same number of possessions.  If the Chiefs score on two thirds of them and the opponents do the same, how long it takes means nothing.  One might argue that if BAL holds the ball for seven minute and then scored they would wear down the KC defense, but if the Chiefs come back and score in less than three minutes, it accomplishes nothing more than lowering the score for both teams.

20 hours ago, qnet said:

I wouldn't say that. The Falcons don't have a TE on the level of Kelce (no one does IMO), but their receivers are pretty talented. Have you heard of Julio Jones?  The Ravens holding him down alone, is impressive. I love the Chiefs as much as you, but the they don't have a receiver on the roster on his level IMO.  

I see a lot of Falcons games, living near ATL, and they can be as explosive as the Chiefs. I'm not sure what's wrong with them this season, because I really don't pay attention to them  like I do the Chiefs.

I didn't say we had anyone as good as Julio.  I said their skill position - as a group - are not as good as the Chiefs.  I also said the way they're using their skill players seems very unimaginative.  Like I said, I've only watched one full game of theirs, so maybe they were just off that day.  

Its fun to watch the Chiefs play this kind of football after all these decades.  Sometimes, against a mentally  tired but excellent opposing defense, all the super strategy and huge playbook should be abandoned, and a series of pre-arranged scripted plays run with a fast huddle and quick count should be thrown in when time is short and the game is close. With our kind of offense, tired defenses would be very unprepared mentally and physically.  I don't think Reid likes no huddle offense at all, but there is a time and place for everything.  Maybe Reid is practicing this to unleash it at the right moment in a close playoff game.

3 minutes ago, TomahawkChop said:

I didn't say we had anyone as good as Julio.  I said their skill position - as a group - are not as good as the Chiefs.  I also said the way they're using their skill players seems very unimaginable.  Like I said, I've only watched one full game of theirs, so maybe they were just off that day.  

I understood what you meant,  just didn't agree totally. Julio,  Sanu & Ridley are near the level of the Chiefs group IMO, but not better. I like him,  but would leave Coney out of the comparison, but that's just me.  Having said that, you're probably right. I haven't watched enough, or paid attention to Falcons games to say for sure they are better or worse than the Chiefs group. I just remember them from past games & years making big plays down field (not including Ridley since he's a rook).

This season the Chiefs group is definitely better. 

1 hour ago, qnet said:

I understood what you meant,  just didn't agree totally. Julio,  Sanu & Ridley are near the level of the Chiefs group IMO, but not better. I like him,  but would leave Coney out of the comparison, but that's just me.  Having said that, you're probably right. I haven't watched enough, or paid attention to Falcons games to say for sure they are better or worse than the Chiefs group. I just remember them from past games & years making big plays down field (not including Ridley since he's a rook).

We're allowed to disagree on a message board?  This changes everything! 

1 hour ago, qnet said:

The Falcons biggest problem is that they are increcibly inept at running the ball which just allows teams to play more zone and take away passing options. This is a little scary for the Chiefs minus Hunt to me, especially against the Ravens. Things have gotten so bad for the Falcons they are playing second fiddle to an MLS team in their own building these days.  

Archived