8 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

The Falcons biggest problem is that they are increcibly inept at running the ball which just allows teams to play more zone and take away passing options. This is a little scary for the Chiefs minus Hunt to me, especially against the Ravens. Things have gotten so bad for the Falcons they are playing second fiddle to an MLS team in their own building these days.  

Yes, it certainly is.  Ware will likely be ineffective against them, forcing Mahomes to be the guy.  Combined with our sieve defense, this is a game the Chiefs could lose.  The biggest question to me in this game is Lamar Jackson.  If he plays mistake-free football and is effective running the ball, I think we lose this game.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

Yes, it certainly is.  Ware will likely be ineffective against them, forcing Mahomes to be the guy.  Combined with our sieve defense, this is a game the Chiefs could lose.  The biggest question to me in this game is Lamar Jackson.  If he plays mistake-free football and is effective running the ball, I think we lose this game.

My fear is that Jackson makes a mistake; Chiefs capitalize quickly and then its catch up....I just don't think he is there passing wise yet. He was 58-59% in college passing....but I do not think he has evolved yet to what Mahomes was LAST year.....

Prop bets...

Mahomes passing yards over/under 232 - I'll take over in a close one considering Brees, Big Ben and Ryan topped out at 212

Mahomes TDs over/under 3 - This is an easy under bet in my opinion. If he gets 4 against this defense just hand him the MVP. 

Tyreek longest catch over/under 40 yards - Raiders doubled him all day with safeties in zone deep, I think Ravens will try to help more on Kelce which will set up a few deep shots..Over

Spencer Ware over/under 75 all purpose yards - Under unless they really get him involved in passing game (as Andy should)

Ravens rushing yards over/under 171 - hard not to take the over after that woeful performance last week..we do play much better defense at home usually though

The Chiefs have been held under 30 points only twice in 12 games this year and won both. I think its gonna take something similiar to those where we score in the 27 point range to get this done. 

These meetings between the No. 1 scoring offense and the No. 1 scoring defense don't often happen, but they tend to favor the offensive powerhouse when they do. The top scoring team has won four of the five games against the top defense played after Week 10 since 2006.

In every case, the No. 1 offense has scored at least 27 points, including in the one game it lost.

http://www.espn.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/25602/top-offense-vs-top-defense-matchups-history-favors-the-chiefs

8 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

What if Andy choked on a Rib and died?

I understand, of course, that is a joke, but it got me thinking about Reid's overall health considering his weight.  Obviously, he is at risk and a loss of Reid to illness would be a huge blow to the franchise.  But then, it is also true that with a QB like Mahomes, the best coaches in football would drool at a chance to become the HC of the Chiefs.  I think the Chiefs now are in a position to have their pick of the best coach available for the forseeable future.  It would involve some retooling of strategies and some player changes, but the end result would still be a perennial contender with a world class QB.  I think that reesebobby is also correct.  Mahomes now has in his brain the thinking and experience of Reid and would continue to apply what he has learned from him.

2 hours ago, reesebobby said:

If it was a road game for us, I'd say there was a chance.  I only say that because our entire team could be killed in a horrific plane accident on a road game. 

I think this may be the game I actually puke...If the chiefs allow the Ravens to rush for 200+ yds, when they know that's all the Ravens can do is run, I just might "pass out".

10 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I understand, of course, that is a joke, but it got me thinking about Reid's overall health considering his weight.  Obviously, he is at risk and a loss of Reid to illness would be a huge blow to the franchise.  But then, it is also true that with a QB like Mahomes, the best coaches in football would drool at a chance to become the HC of the Chiefs.  I think the Chiefs now are in a position to have their pick of the best coach available for the forseeable future.  It would involve some retooling of strategies and some player changes, but the end result would still be a perennial contender with a world class QB.  I think that reesebobby is also correct.  Mahomes now has in his brain the thinking and experience of Reid and would continue to apply what he has learned from him.

I don’t think we have to really worry about Andy but I do think we are becoming a franchise free agents are really gonna want to play for.  They know a QB like this can get them a ring.  Heck the free agent bandwagon fans are already jumping on board.

Archived