4 minutes ago, jetlord said:

So far, Vick could throw the ball much better.  Jackson did lead the team to two scores in the second half, but in crunch time, he seemed to have no weapons.  If Flacco is done in BAL, it looks like a rebuild to gear to Jackson's style.

I think people underestimate how bad of a thrower Vick was when he entered the NFL.

5 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Regardless of color, I think his throwing technique, accuracy and arm strength will always struggle to be average at best.

It's not a racial thing.  He's really an unrefined QB and he should get an opportunity to grow before being written off.  Bobby Petrino isn't known for developing his players, QB's in particular.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

I think people underestimate how bad of a thrower Vick was when he entered the NFL.

It's not a racial thing.  He's really an unrefined QB and he should get an opportunity to grow before being written off.  Bobby Petrino isn't known for developing his players, QB's in particular.

I watched Vick when he played for the Falcons. I didn't think he was that bad of a passer. He just didn't prepare mentally and the coaches didn't do him any favors, especially Jim  Mora, who was a defensive coach. 

I think it would be a mistake for the Ravens to re-tool for Lamar Jackson.  What he does relies too much on running like a running back.  How long do running backs last?  They get hurt all the time.  Having a team built around a QB who runs all the time is asking for raised hopes for Ravens fans that get dashed in the middle of season after season. The guy doesn't even slide to avoid big hits.  He is a great backup, but he throws no better than most backups, unlike MIchael Vick.

I rest my case. 

1 hour ago, liquidfriend said:

He was a sub 60% passer through his Falcons career. 

Yeah, I know. I don't think he was an elite passer, just better than you think IMO. He had his moments .  In the context of what you all were discussing, I need to watch the Chiefs Ravens game for myself. I haven't seen Lamar Jackson enough to make any kind of comparison.  

5 minutes ago, qnet said:

Yeah, I know. I don't think he was an elite passer, just better than you think IMO. He had his moments .  In the context of what you all were discussing, I need to watch the Chiefs Ravens game for myself. I haven't seen Lamar Jackson enough to make any kind of comparison.  

The best way to say it is Jackson does not have the arm talent that Vick had

1 minute ago, Palangi said:

The best way to say it is Jackson does not have the arm talent that Vick had

That seems reasonable. One of the things I liked about Vick is the way he threw the deep ball, but he wasn't that accurate, and I guess that's liquidfriends point. I have always thought that if he had worked on it, he could have been much better. 

1 minute ago, Fmbl2187 said:

One snap was bad.  I can't fault him for that.  Your prediction was smack on.

Not really.  If Butker had hit one in regular time, and all else was the same, the score would have been the same since no overtime.  Isn't it nice to think of such trivial things?  Only can happen after a Chiefs win.  🙂

17 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I would be shocked if we beat the Chargers on a short week.  Chiefs will be too tired and banged up.  But, of course, then there is Mahomes. 

The Chargers are sick of losing to the Chiefs.  They will be rabid on Thursday. I hope Tyreek Hill can play. 

We're now scared of a team that needed a play that never should have happened and a load of luck to beat the Steelers, and yet again a shit ton of luck to beat the Bengals?  If you say so.

8 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

We're now scared of a team that needed a play that never should have happened and a load of luck to beat the Steelers, and yet again a shit ton of luck to beat the Bengals?  If you say so.

We take it to SD this Thursday. Yeah I said it...San Diego.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I would be shocked if we beat the Chargers on a short week.  Chiefs will be too tired and banged up.  But, of course, then there is Mahomes. 

The Chargers are sick of losing to the Chiefs.  They will be rabid on Thursday. I hope Tyreek Hill can play. 

Just curious.  Why would the Chargers be less tired?  They've had two games that went to the end before being decided and they have to travel on Wednesday.  Maybe they have less key injuries, but the Chiefs have the Arrowhead advantage.  Rivers hates Arrowhead.

5 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Chargers aren’t tired and beat up? And they have to travel.. this one is baffling ..

14 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Having only one day to rest and two to practice is a great leveler when it comes to playing a lesser team. Just sayin'

The Chargers have today to rest and evaluate injuries, with them playing the late game the Chiefs got a 4 hour jump on them. Practice/install gameplan on Tuesday, travel on Wednesday play Thursday. The Chargers have a shorter week and struggled to beat Cinci. So I say advantage Chiefs.

Archived