I wouldn't feature him. The team still needs to make the playoffs and to put a rookie in the spotlight in week 14, baring an injury would be foolish.

I would ease him in to see what he can do against non KC defenders. If he looked good this week give him a little more responsibility next week against the Chargers and so on and so forth.

There must be a reason why he was the 3rd back. I trust Bieniemy to play the right RB or combo there of.

5 hours ago, Calichief said:

Give him the bulk. Get him all the reps.

looks explosive.

Thanks for opening this discussion! 

I’m totally convinced this guy is going to be a decent contributor and they should have been getting him playing time while he was taking up a roster space because they were afraid someone else would claim him. 

2 hours ago, xen said:

I wouldn't say he's all that explosive.  But he's a pretty good all around back.  After all season on the scout team I'm pretty sure they know what they have with him by now.  We'll see if he can get some reps in the games.

The veteran from Miami looked quick and explosive yesterday. Sorry, that’s who I was referring to.

Yeah he’s a decent back for sure and a good special teams player. Liking me some Damien Williams but he’s strictly a third down back and Darrel Williams, like Zen said in an earlier thread, has an all around skill set that might be equal to what Kareem could do. Good at everything type stuff. 

38 minutes ago, Calichief said:

The veteran from Miami looked quick and explosive yesterday. Sorry, that’s who I was referring to.

Gotcha.  Yeah that's his m.o.  I think he probably could run a lot of the razzle dazzle stuff Kareem did but not much between the tackles.  Hell of a receiver though so we should see a lot more of him.

2 hours ago, xen said:

Gotcha.  Yeah that's his m.o.  I think he probably could run a lot of the razzle dazzle stuff Kareem did but not much between the tackles.  Hell of a receiver though so we should see a lot more of him.

Give Reid a week to plan and we might see Williams catch a few in space.  It will be interesting to see what he can do.

2 hours ago, xen said:

Rb by committee?

reid is so good at leveraging his guys..

No reason to set the world on fire. Just give him more reps as long as he keeps producing and at some point he could be the lead back but I doubt we will see a featured guy this year. Too late in the season to adopt to a new RB as the full time guy. 

Archived