For Fun Bold Predictions Last $ Games for KC

Lets have some fun with this.

KC is facing 3 pretty good teams with good defenses and the Raiders. Balt,LAC and Seat. can bring some D.  I think Chiefs play from behind more than they have all season. Mahomes may even get some garbage yards and TDS.

AS a result Mahomes Breaks Mannings Record for Passing TDS in a Season

What is your bold prediction?

Only because of the defense I could see the chiefs losing a first round bye all together.

2-2 finish

mahomes throws for 5500 yards because he’ll have to.

berry comes back but Houston goes out! 

Thats the normal with those two

williams turns Into the future

15 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Chiefs go 2-2 in the fourth quarter of the season to finish at 12-4 and a #3 seed.

So you're assuming the Texans go undefeated the rest of the year, I mean they could playing Indy, at Jets, at Philly and Jax, but I see at least one more loss there.

Also you're assuming that NE either doesn't lose another game or at least no more than 1. Again, could happen, at Dolphins, at Steelers, Bills and Jets.

The Eagles and Steelers have a lot to play for. The Steelers are on the bubble and the Eagles may still have something to play for in week 16.

13-3.  Three way tie with Pats and Texans.  We get the tie breaker for HFA based on our conference record. Mahomes 56 touchdowns.  Andy kills Bob Sutton at halftime of the Chargers game by drowning him in Gatorade.  After our 100th point in the Raiders home game, Warpaint gets a spiral fracture of the humerus and has to be put down on national television right there on the 50 yard line.  Lose in the AFC Championship.

4 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

13-3.  Three way tie with Pats and Texans.  We get the tie breaker for HFA based on our conference record. Mahomes 56 touchdowns.  Andy kills Bob Sutton at halftime of the Chargers game by drowning him in Gatorade.  After our 100th point in the Raiders home game, Warpaint gets a spiral fracture of the humerus and has to be put down on national television right there on the 50 yard line.  Lose in the AFC Championship.

Only thing wrong with your statement is we would lose a tie breaker with the Pats based on head to head loss.

10 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Not in a three way tie.  That goes out the window because we didn't play the Texans. I think. 

I believe you're correct. That will work out for the Chiefs.

Tie breaker #1 between three or more clubs goes out the window because everyone didn't play each other. Tie breaker #4 is, best record within the conference.

Edited: Did the ESPN machine and it say NE and KC 2 in 3 way because NE beat both KC and Houston.

To Break A Tie Within A Division

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in common games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format).

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  12. Coin toss

6 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

To Break A Tie Within A Division

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  12. Coin toss

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format).

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  12. Coin toss

That's for the division.  In a division, they all play each other twice a year so there's no chance that two teams wouldn't play each other.  I still don't know for sure how that works if we don't all play each other.  There's more to it than just this list.  For example I think for number 3 to be in effect there has to be a minimum of 4 common opponents.  However it works, I'm pretty sure Andy is going to kill Bob. 

Short of some crazy ass miracle for other teams the Chiefs are in.

Obviously the easy one is Chiefs go 4-0 and are #1 seed no matter what. Go 2-2 and are #3 as long as one of them is NOT against the Chargers, if one of the loss is to the Chargers then #6 seed. Go 0-4 and are #6 seed. If KC and NE tie, the Chiefs are #2 seed, if Texans - Chiefs - NE tied KC is #2 seed.

25 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

That's for the division.  In a division, they all play each other twice a year so there's no chance that two teams wouldn't play each other.  I still don't know for sure how that works if we don't all play each other.  There's more to it than just this list.  For example I think for number 3 to be in effect there has to be a minimum of 4 common opponents.  However it works, I'm pretty sure Andy is going to kill Bob. 

NE beat both, end of story. The ESPN Playoff Machine actually spells it out for dummies like me.

Even if Chiefs played and beat the Texans or vice versa it wouldn't matter because they would be 1-1 vs NE 2-0.

11 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

That means NE would have to lose again. The Chargers (if 3-1) would play Pittsburgh in the first round. Baltimore vs NE with Houston and KC having byes.

I have NE losing at Pitt.  I also have Houston winning out and getting the 2 seed.

Byes:

1 - KC (13-3)

2 - Houston (13-3)

Wildcard round:

6 - Baltimore (9-7) @ 3 - NE (12-4)

5 - LAC (12-4) @ 4 - Pitt (10-5-1)  

22 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Short of some crazy ass miracle for other teams the Chiefs are in.

Obviously the easy one is Chiefs go 4-0 and are #1 seed no matter what. Go 2-2 and are #3 as long as one of them is NOT against the Chargers, if one of the loss is to the Chargers then #6 seed. Go 0-4 and are #6 seed. If KC and NE tie, the Chiefs are #2 seed, if Texans - Chiefs - NE tied KC is #2 seed.

If the Chiefs go 2-2 and one of the losses is to LAC, they could be #5 IF LAC wins out.  If both finish 12-4, the Chiefs win the division.  If the Chiefs finish 1-3, they would be #5 unless BAL wins out which means another loss for LAC.  Simple, huh?

Archived