Reiter Signs Extension

4 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Smart move, not sure how many more concussions Morse can get before he starts thinking about his future, if he isn't already. 

its Morse's contract year ..if in fact they did extend Reiter he should be the starter now 

Smart move he has been playing very well. I wonder if they are viewing him as the 2019 starter or depth but sure nice to have on the roster. Morse is already done in the NFL and may be tries again with a new team but not sure if he should with so many concussions. 

5 hours ago, sith13 said:

Smart move he has been playing very well. I wonder if they are viewing him as the 2019 starter or depth but sure nice to have on the roster. Morse is already done in the NFL and may be tries again with a new team but not sure if he should with so many concussions. 

Morse is done in the NFL? Who exactly do you think started at center last Sunday?

4 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Morse is done in the NFL? Who exactly do you think started at center last Sunday?

I'm not saying he's released or there's anything stopping him from officially getting on the field but he had way too many concussions to be a viable FA option for anyone.

Morse is a better player but again this goes back to the availability issue. We want to stop handing out sizable contracts to players who can't keep themselves on the field. But in fairness to Morse,  this concussion was a complete cheap shot by the Patriots. Pretty much anyone would have sustained a concussion from what happened. 

39 minutes ago, dksww said:

Insurance against losing Morse in FA in case somebody offers Morse more than we want to pay. 

Either way, it's quality depth on the OL.

Considering that they tried to sign a high priced OC last year I'm not sure if the staff is keen on keeping Morse or simply worried about his availability. That being said the FA OC market is very thin in 2019.

9 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Considering that they tried to sign a high priced OC last year I'm not sure if the staff is keen on keeping Morse or simply worried about his availability. That being said the FA OC market is very thin in 2019.

Who did they try to sign?  I dont' remember.

Not that far from Erving in terms of mentality. Cheap 1-year deal with a shot at a bonus going forward. It basically screams "he's not a starter but who knows". Good insurance policy though regardless. 

Hopefully Lucas is the next RFA we take care of before the distractions of playoffs. 

Is Lucas good or does he just benefit from the comparison with Parker and Murray?  It would be good to see more of him in the games, but there must be some reason, other than the fact that Sutton is incompetent, that he doesn't get more snaps.  Can the Chiefs get by with Berry, Watts, Lucas, and a draft choice next year if Berry is healthy?

Archived