Kelvin Benjamin Visiting KC Today

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports free agent WR Kelvin Benjamin is visiting the Chiefs on Thursday.
Benjamin offered nothing but poor effort his 18 games with the Bills, but he did have two relatively successful seasons in Carolina before being traded. If he is motivated, he could be a solid and cheap depth signing for a team with Super Bowl aspirations like the Chiefs. Kansas City currently has Chris Conley and Demarcus Robinson behind Tyreek Hill and an injured Sammy Watkins. Dec 6 - 12:34 PM

Every team is one in game injury away from need! Give him a Min offer for the rest of the season and post season. He gets a shot at a superbowl and a shot prove himself on a good offense with a good QB vs Buffalo. Good Depth. No downside.

We will know soon enough, but let’s be clear that this could be—could be—an exciting venture. The upside is that Benjamin is a very physical receiver (if he applies himself) with the length and catch radius to do real damage where it counts: in the end zone. He’s built like a linebacker at 6’5, 240-plus pounds yet he’s got the agility to play the part as a physical possession receiver. Unfortunately, Benjamin also comes with plenty of baggage and two failed attempts to make it so far in the league.

I actually Love this!  Can’t have to many Redzone targets.  

Also gotta realize that in Carolina and Buffalo Benjamin was a #1 or #2 target.  Here he will be like a #5 or #6 kinda guy.  Like others have said.......Kelce 2.0 maybe?

32 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

why?

With Watkins foot injury I think Andy might feel like he needs another red zone threat as a backup plan. Plus Andy's relationship with McDermott might offer some insight into some of the issues that he has had there. Plus the QB play in Buffalo has been a disaster. 

4 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

With Watkins foot injury I think Andy might feel like he needs another red zone threat as a backup plan. Plus Andy's relationship with McDermott might offer some insight into some of the issues that he has had there. Plus the QB play in Buffalo has been a disaster. 

Hopefully it's not a permanent thing with Watkins. Even though I love the idea of Benjamin as a big possession receiver to help Kelce in the middle we need Watkins on the outside. 

9 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Hopefully it's not a permanent thing with Watkins. Even though I love the idea of Benjamin as a big possession receiver to help Kelce in the middle we need Watkins on the outside. 

They just need to cover all their bases here. Plus the loss of Kareem means some additional changes to the offense that may be helped by a big possession WR. Or maybe we just want to kick the tires. Again at least Andy isn't just flying in the dark here. I'd be very surprised if he hasn't talked to McDermott. I mean is this kid better than say Markus Kemp? Or are they feeling comfortable enough with Berry they may release one of our fledgling safeties? Anything's possible here really.

2 minutes ago, Balto said:

One thing it does tell me is that we are starting to see what it means to have a QB like Mahomes and players wanting to be on the other end of his passes.

Not sure about that. Lets see if he signs an offer? May be just making the rounds. Denver could use him , having lost Sanders, and may be his next stop..

7 minutes ago, Balto said:

One thing it does tell me is that we are starting to see what it means to have a QB like Mahomes and players wanting to be on the other end of his passes.

It may be more seeing what it means to have cleared waivers and needing a payday.

This is a smart move by Veach. I hope they sign him. With us going in a lot of empty back field sets, this big target will help. His laziness is nothing I worry about when it comes to this locker room and coaching staff. We are a winning football team and maybe that's all he needs...a locker room that knows how to win.

My only issue is how quickly can he pick up the play book? It took Watkins time. 

Imagine Watkins, benjiman, Hill, Kelce! 

Archived