Kelvin Benjamin Visiting KC Today

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

Hopefully it's not a permanent thing with Watkins. Even though I love the idea of Benjamin as a big possession receiver to help Kelce in the middle we need Watkins on the outside. 

And unfortunately I think its likely that this is exactly what this is about. A foot injury is a tricky deal. 

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

Not sure about that. Lets see if he signs an offer? May be just making the rounds. Denver could use him , having lost Sanders, and may be his next stop..

Meh his first visit is with KC.  I’m also thinking he only passed waivers because of his $2-$3M rest of season contract.  

10 minutes ago, Balto said:

Meh his first visit is with KC.  I’m also thinking he only passed waivers because of his $2-$3M rest of season contract.  

KC is probably his dream place right now. He needs a prove-it deal and nobody better than Mahomes to actually provide him that. Conley is like 5th in line in terms of targets and already has 5 TDs that may lead to a decent FA contract at the end of the season. Benjamin could do even more if he can repeat his solid start in Carolina. 

Love it.  We don't have to give up anything but some money for a guy with the potential to be a 1b/2a type of wr.   In this offense the more weapons you can have the better and with Hunt now gone its awesome that we are kicking the tires.    Benjamin, Hill, Watkins, and Kelce running routes is a lot of talented and versatile players to try and defend.   More so I love the idea of trying to convert him to TE.   Either way glad we are looking into it.  He's better than Deiter and has proven more than Robinson and Conley combined.  

15 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Love it.  We don't have to give up anything but some money for a guy with the potential to be a 1b/2a type of wr.   In this offense the more weapons you can have the better and with Hunt now gone its awesome that we are kicking the tires.    Benjamin, Hill, Watkins, and Kelce running routes is a lot of talented and versatile players to try and defend.   More so I love the idea of trying to convert him to TE.   Either way glad we are looking into it.  He's better than Deiter and has proven more than Robinson and Conley combined.  

Kelvin is about 10lbs smaller than Kelce BUT had the same exact 40 coming out of the combine.

2 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Honestly guys, where would you have preferred to play? Buffalo NY or Charlotte NC? Who would you prefer to play for the Bills or the Panthers? I could see being depressed being in Buffalo and playing for the Bills.

Well he cost himself money for it. This is why he needs to go to a spot that he can prove it again to get a better deal.

51 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Well he cost himself money for it. This is why he needs to go to a spot that he can prove it again to get a better deal.

Cost him but could be a huge bargain for us.   Playing with an MVP caliber qb who spreads the wealth could be a huge motivating factor.    Would be nice to get him locked up for next year on the cheap if possible.  

1 minute ago, Calichief said:

Wonder how Robinson and Conley will see this transaction?  -  Hope it motivates them and they realize there are a whole slew of wr's who would love to play here now.   

will be play an h back role?   I would love to see him in this role as well as use him the way they use Kelce.

does this mean there are concerns about Watkins?   Hope not but glad we are proactive in signing another talented guy to throw in the mix as well as get prepped for a playoff run and not waiting until the last possible moment.

1 minute ago, Thegoatee said:

Weird signing barring someone being injured. I mean, how much of the offense can he learn and make an impact?

He has 4 weeks and probably 5 with a bye to get in the mix and get in the action.  Wish they had got him to sign a two year deal for a bargain price.  If nothing else it should light a fire under Conley and Robinson.  There are going to be a ton of guys wanting to play here on cheap prove it deals for years to come.   

4 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

He has 4 weeks and probably 5 with a bye to get in the mix and get in the action.  Wish they had got him to sign a two year deal for a bargain price.  If nothing else it should light a fire under Conley and Robinson.  There are going to be a ton of guys wanting to play here on cheap prove it deals for years to come.   

I think they will focus on goal line packages initially.  Plus with Mahomes arm the jump ball deep on a few simple routes becomes very possible. There’s just no risk here no matter what happens depending on the affiliated roster move. 

Archived