Kelvin Benjamin Visiting KC Today

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

The guess here is that he'll suit up but not get many targets or even snaps.  Maybe a few basic plays for certain situations.  It's not like he wasn't in football shape when he came in.

With Watkins out I think KC installs a few specific plays for this guy. Needed in Red Zone. Gives Balt  something extra to think about or at least a distraction.

By the way he weighed in yesterday at 239...thats a far cry from the 265 Ive been hearing about. 

"He’s in great shape, man," Reid said. "He’s 239 pounds and looking good, man. He’s been big before. He’s a big kid... But he’s in phenomenal shape. Sometimes a change of scenery can be good for a guy and he’s got an opportunity to come in here."

He had two half way awesome seasons with Carolina then got hurt and has not been as effective. He’s a talented wr in the redzone. 

Hope he has a good post season which is when you’d think he could get up to speed with the Chiefs playbook. 

7 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

I'd say he we will play. Whether he gets very many balls or not is something else. Being on the field forces the D to put someone on him thus leaving someone else less covered. Benjamin is a receiver that the D can't overlook.

especially with a QB in Mahomes

10 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

I'd say he we will play. Whether he gets very many balls or not is something else. Being on the field forces the D to put someone on him thus leaving someone else less covered. Benjamin is a receiver that the D can't overlook.

He will get plenty of meatballs at Olive Garden 

16 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

he gets on the field this week.. easy routes near the endzone

Depends on whether he and Mahomes had any time to work together.  PH has to trust him since he gets the ball out quickly and Benjamin has to be there when the ball gets there.  Any targets will be simple routes.

22 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Depends on whether he and Mahomes had any time to work together.  PH has to trust him since he gets the ball out quickly and Benjamin has to be there when the ball gets there.  Any targets will be simple routes.

He could suite up and run some predetermined routes.  No option routes as he and PM haven't worked together yet, but if PM knows where he'll be I'll bet they try to get him the rock a time or two to get him in the flow. Or he sits a week. My best guess is he'll suite up and get on the field because, why not. 

Archived