Do we need more help at NT position?

15 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Has our defense looked the same since Poe left? Theres your answer.

Well the defense didn't look the same ever since Poe injured his back. His last season was really dismal and never looked the same ever since leaving. Would make a big difference if we could replace him with his older version but we still had problems against the run when DeVito wasn't on the field. 

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

No one asked if we should resign Poe. But I think having a dominant pocket collapsing NT was another reason why Sutton defenses used to be solid. 

What has always amazed me was that ever since we switched to a 3-4, only those years we had Poe did our defense look anything remotely scary.   Funny considering I thought it was common knowledge that a dominant 3-4 defense started with the NT.     

24 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

What has always amazed me was that ever since we switched to a 3-4, only those years we had Poe did our defense look anything remotely scary.   Funny considering I thought it was common knowledge that a dominant 3-4 defense started with the NT.     

It all starts at that position.  WIthout a quality zero it all falls apart quickly.

27 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Your boy Dexter Lawrence is Poe 2.0. But he wont be there at #28 or wherever we pick. If we stay in a 3 man front I wonder if they will look to upgrade NT. 

Yeah they would have to package some stuff together and get within the top 20 to land him, I think.  Veach is aggressive, so I would never rule it out.

19 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

Count the number of good plays vs. idiotic false starts by Nnadi. The other guy, Williams? Hasn’t made as many mistakes but is mostly just a warm body. People used to say you must have a dominant NT to play the 3-4. We are pretty bad here. We need multiple guys.

So I don't think you can call out "idiotic false starts" and not get called out for not knowing penalties yourself. 

False start is an offensive penalty when an offensive player moves early. 

A defensive player can move as early and as much as he wants until he gets into the neutral zone.  Which is called "offsides". Not false start or "IDIOTIC false start"

3 minutes ago, Palangi said:

So I don't think you can call out "idiotic false starts" and not get called out for not knowing penalties yourself. 

False start is an offensive penalty when an offensive leaguer moves early. 

A defensive player can move as early and as much as he wants until he gets into the neutral zone.  Which is called "offsides". Not false start or "IDIOTIC false start"

Why are you quoting me in that shit?  Really snarky stuff though m8

8 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Why are you quoting me in that shit?  Really snarky stuff though m8

My bad I don't know why it weird you didn't mean too.

I know I just thought it was funny he put idiotic while getting the penalty wrong. Just funny

9 hours ago, Palangi said:

False start is an offensive penalty when an offensive leaguer moves early. 

Is an offensive leaguer a term of endearment or a dig?

Archived