Chiefs' offense is slowed by the #1 defense and only score 30 points.

Chiefs' defense plays better in Arrowhead and against a plodding offense only gives up 27.  

Berry will be day to day and Watkins will be week to week.

Nnadi jumps off sides

Nelson has a holding penalty

Chris Jones finds out he can't chase Jackson down from behind

Mloe68 has a hangover on Monday

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The D will play contain most of the day and try to make Jackson beat them with his arm.  I can see the OLBs dropping more than usual.  Bend, don't break will be in full effect.  It all depends on how solid our red zone D plays.

The O will get their points.  No D in this league can hold them down for every series.  The #1 D today is not what it was a decade ago.  

Balt's linebackers and safetys will keep Kelce in check, but Hill will have a day.  I don't see much happening in the running game.  But, as aggressive as their D is, I can see most of the RBs yards coming on screens.

Mahomes has his usual day.  300 yds 3 tds.  I will throw in a pick.  Hill goes for 100+ with a couple of tds.

30-20 Red and Gold

I think the Chiefs win something like 27-17 or 31-20.

If you look at the games the Ravens have played, they've squashed bad offenses and teams while giving up points to good offenses.

The score will be low because the will run the ball 66% of the time, but for some reason I have a feeling the Chiefs will be prepared for it.

On 12/7/2018 at 2:41 PM, Handswarmer said:

Baltimore wins IF:

1. Ravens Offense runs the ball in extended drives that eat clock and they score
  2. Ravens Defense manages a few stops on downs, thereby 
  3. Force the Chiefs to play catch up, risking INT's or Incompletions
  4. Control LOS on both sides- keep the KC Pass rush at bay ?

Kansas City wins IF:

1. KC Offense scores quick, forcing LJ to throw the ball
  2. Intercept LJ
  3. Stop the run ?
  4. Sack, Hit, Hurry LJ

Interesting.   Knowing what I think I know about the Chiefs, and what little I've seen of the Ravens, your post looks more positive for the Chiefs iMO. In bold are things I   believe  the Chiefs can do  at Arrowhead. Also in bold, are things I'm pretty sure the Ravens will be able to do. The question marks in bold I'm not sure if the teams can do those things,  but it's not out of the realm of possibility. 

The Chiefs have more positive categories IMO. 

I'm hoping for a blowout, just to put my nerves at ease. Realistically, if the Ravens defense is as advertised  I see a game similar to the Broncos games. With a score like,

26-20 Chiefs.   

If the Chiefs don't win this game, then I don't believe they will go far in the playoffs.

Mahomes is the X factor IMO.

I’m so tired of hearing about the RAVENS defense!! This isn’t the great defense like back in the Ray Lewis days let’s get real I don’t care if it’s ranked #1. Let’s talk about the CHIEFS offense it is the best offense the NFL has ever seen so in this case #1 offense far exceeds #1 defense and it ain’t even close, throw in Arrowhead this is a blow out of epic proportions!

CHIEFS - 45

RAVENS - 20 

3 hours ago, AppalachianChief said:

I’m so tired of hearing about the RAVENS defense!! This isn’t the great defense like back in the Ray Lewis days let’s get real I don’t care if it’s ranked #1. Let’s talk about the CHIEFS offense it is the best offense the NFL has ever seen so in this case #1 offense far exceeds #1 defense and it ain’t even close, throw in Arrowhead this is a blow out of epic proportions!

CHIEFS - 45

RAVENS - 20 

Geez pregame shows giving lots if love to Chiefs O

4 minutes ago, AppalachianChief said:

I just want to admit to Hands that I was wrong, bad wrong on my prediction. The defense was the best the Chiefs have played all year! Good luck the rest of the way my friend. The Chiefs won the game but it could have easily went the other way. The Ravens belong in the playoffs with a D like that and you get Flacco back also. 

This👆

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

Hands

ravens defense is really really good 

Yes, they were.  Still, they gave up about 340 yards in the air and over a hundred on the ground.  It seems like they were always hitting Mahomes and they learned how to shut down Kelce in the third quarter, but they didn't get the critical stops on the Chiefs last regular time drive.  We've seen this rodeo in KC often enough from the other side to know that a top D shouldn't lose it on the last drive.

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Yes, they were.  Still, they gave up about 340 yards in the air and over a hundred on the ground.  It seems like they were always hitting Mahomes and they learned how to shut down Kelce in the third quarter, but they didn't get the critical stops on the Chiefs last regular time drive.  We've seen this rodeo in KC often enough from the other side to know that a top D shouldn't lose it on the last drive.

No defense can stop Mahones' playground ball ing

Just now, Handswarmer said:

No defense can stop Mahones' playground ball ing

Well, he has made mistakes when under constant pressure like today and in the Rams game.  Experience will help cure that and his creativity sure is fun to watch.  What would the score have been if he had another target like Watkins to keep the heat off Kelce?

Archived