Sammy Watkins Re-injured foot yesterday

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets say it is true...……..ERRRRRRRR  my biggest concern was ALWAYS injury with Sammy not talent.  Let's hope we don't have to eat his salary for 2019 while he stands on the sideline holding a clipboard.  His contract doesn't allow for us to send him packing until AFTER 2019......Well unless a team trades for him hahahaha 

6 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

Wheels falling off the bus for KC like they usually do come this time of year.  

Can you go away until next year then?  I'm really tired of reading your negative bullshit.

You guys and injuries crack me up.  Anybody on an NFL field can go down any minute.  You'd be saying the same things had the Chiefs spent Watkins' money on a DB who got hurt as well.

He's been out 1 game so far.  KC put up 40.  This was also 2 days after their star RB was cut for being on video fighting, shoving and kicking a girl.

He's out 4-6 weeks to rest the foot.  It's not a season or career ending injury. 

As long as Mahomes doesn't regress and stays healthy, our chances for greatness this year won't be affected.

2 minutes ago, dksww said:

You guys and injuries crack me up.  Anybody on an NFL field can go down any minute.  You'd be saying the same things had the Chiefs spent Watkins' money on a DB who got hurt as well.

He's been out 1 game so far.  KC put up 40.  This was also 2 days after their star RB was cut for being on video fighting, shoving and kicking a girl.

He's out 4-6 weeks to rest the foot.  It's not a season or career ending injury. 

As long as Mahomes doesn't regress and stays healthy, our chances for greatness this year won't be affected.

No, because most players don’t have the injury history watkins has. This was likely to happen

4 minutes ago, dksww said:

Agree. Also put up 50 when he took 5 snaps. Now with Watkins and Hunt gone...things will be challenging. I guess we get to see if Mahomes is Superman?

9 minutes ago, dksww said:

He had surgery on his foot and missed 8 games in 2016 because of it.  This is not a freak accident.  Some people do not have bodies cut out for the pounding of pro football.

20 minutes ago, VIChiefsFan said:

Not a good look for Veach. Took a big, and very unnecessary, risk on an often injured wide receiver.  Everyone was screaming we need help in the secondary and this was largely ignored.

Is it possible that the #1 priority for Veach was to get Mahomes the weapons he needed to be instantly susscessful?  Like many of us, he could have been pointing to a few years down the road to have everything in place for a good run at the Lombardi.  In retrospect, the Chiefs should have geared up the defense for this season, but who knew that Mahomes would be an instant hit or that the Chiefs would win nine of their first ten with a very tough schedule?  At the time, Watkins seemed like another fast option in the offense.  In retrospect, the Chiefs needed to shore up the D for this year.

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Is it possible that the #1 priority for Veach was to get Mahomes the weapons he needed to be instantly susscessful?  Like many of us, he could have been pointing to a few years down the road to have everything in place for a good run at the Lombardi.  In retrospect, the Chiefs should have geared up the defense for this season, but who knew that Mahomes would be an instant hit or that the Chiefs would win nine of their first ten with a very tough schedule?  At the time, Watkins seemed like another fast option in the offense.  In retrospect, the Chiefs needed to shore up the D for this year.

Exactly. 

9 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

No, because most players don’t have the injury history watkins has. This was likely to happen

Alot of players the same injury history and it doesn't matter, because anyone can go down on any play.

3 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Different foot.

Both of his feet are probably built pretty similarly.  If one of them was weak there is a good chance the other one is too.  Like I said, he probably just doesn't have the body cut out for the pounding of pro football.

Archived