Sammy Watkins Re-injured foot yesterday

47 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

You think a serious playoff run instead of the traditional 1 and done might help?

Again, living in the past.

I thought people were supposed to live in the moment. However, since you're so found of living there, when was the last time the Chiefs were in the playoffs and had this explosive of an offense with a QB like Mahomes? The Chiefs have had outstanding Defenses in the past and still were one and done but never an offense and QB like this.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 hour ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

I thought people were supposed to live in the moment. However, since you're so found of living there, when was the last time the Chiefs were in the playoffs and had this explosive of an offense with a QB like Mahomes? The Chiefs have had outstanding Defenses in the past and still were one and done but never an offense and QB like this.

You are correct.  But, until things change, this franchise will only be judged based on the past.  Reid and Mahomes have an opportunity to change everything.  

1 hour ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Rome wasn't built in a day as the saying goes. We are just beginning an era where coaches are already saying things like below. It's a great time to be a Chiefs fan no matter what happens right now because unlike any other time since the 1960s we are being built to last. 

“I think Mahomes is Montana,”(Ravens D Coordinator) Martindale said. “I’m talking about the San Francisco Montana and not the Kansas City Montana. I think how everything is cyclical and, you know, history repeats itself. I think you’re seeing that combination between Andy and Mahomes of Montana and Bill Walsh. I really do. That’s where I see them at.”

11 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

thats ridicules comparison.. PM2 is more of an Elway than a Montana but is not worth arguing about. Montana never dreamed of having an arm like that

In terms of leadership I think he's more like Montana. He looks more mature than expected and if the talk about the Hunt situation is true in the media he's very intelligent and knows how to handle major issues.

In terms of arm he's closer to Elway but even beyond him. Has similar wild throws but hopefully they'll go away over time. 

3 hours ago, Balto said:
Clarification: the 4-6 week timeline on Sammy Watkins includes the three weeks he's missed so far. So, basically, out this Sunday, then week-to-week after that.

Why don't these idiots come out saying 1-3 weeks more? At least he's not day-to-day.

41 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

thats ridicules comparison.. PM2 is more of an Elway than a Montana but is not worth arguing about. Montana never dreamed of having an arm like that

I don't think he means in the way he plays as much as the synergy and impact the two had together. That's the way I took it. But if the Ravens d coordinator thinks Mahomes only has a Montana arm, then we may have some wide open looks downfield. 

5 hours ago, oldtimer said:

It’s a compliment one way or another. Whether it’s not the best one or not..

Archived