Sammy Watkins Re-injured foot yesterday

1 minute ago, VIChiefsFan said:

Both of his feet are probably built pretty similarly.  If one of them was weak there is a good chance the other one is too.  Like I said, he probably just doesn't have the body cut out for the pounding of pro football.

Thank you Doctor Knows it All. 😏 Too bad KC did not understand this obvious fact? 😨

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Is it possible that the #1 priority for Veach was to get Mahomes the weapons he needed to be instantly susscessful?  Like many of us, he could have been pointing to a few years down the road to have everything in place for a good run at the Lombardi.  In retrospect, the Chiefs should have geared up the defense for this season, but who knew that Mahomes would be an instant hit or that the Chiefs would win nine of their first ten with a very tough schedule?  At the time, Watkins seemed like another fast option in the offense.  In retrospect, the Chiefs needed to shore up the D for this year.

No one is calling for the resignation of Veach, but I don't think it was the best judgement on his part. I don't think it can be simply ignored and I am sure Clark is making a mental note of it.  You can use the term "retrospect", but he received a lot of criticism for the decision then and he will receive more now.  

1 minute ago, reesebobby said:

I wish we were 11-1 so people wouldn't complain all the time. 

That could possibly happen at 12-0, but doubtful because we would've had to win a game by 3 or less at some point and we just can't have that.

Just now, VIChiefsFan said:

No one is calling for the resignation of Veach, but I don't think it was the best judgement on his part. I don't think it can be simply ignored and I am sure Clark is making a mental note of it.  You can use the term "retrospect", but he received a lot of criticism for the decision then and he will receive more now.  

Maybe just you?

3 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Maybe just you?

No, this is a message board where people discuss the Kansas City Chiefs.  I am opening up a discussion on whether or not it was a mistake to sign Sammy Watkins.  You are saying it is not.  Noted.  I think it was and it is not because of hindsight.  I, and many others on message boards and in the media said the same thing at the time.

3 minutes ago, VIChiefsFan said:

No, this is a message board where people discuss the Kansas City Chiefs.  I am opening up a discussion on whether or not it was a mistake to sign Sammy Watkins.  You are saying it is not.  Noted.  I think it was and it is not because of hindsight.  I, and many others on message boards and in the media said the same thing at the time.

Fair Enough. 

10 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Lol

Thanks for the clarification Sam.  

That is how doctors usually break the news too.  

"Doc, how bad is my cancer?"

"I give you 40 years to live"

"Oh thank you doc, that is great news"

"Well that includes the 39 years and 6 months you have already lived"

8 minutes ago, VIChiefsFan said:

Most fans were happy to get another receiver for Mahomes.  Many were critical of the price paid.  None can say if the Chiefs won any games because Watkins was here, but he had a few where he made big contributions and in all the games he played, he deflected coverage away from Hill or Kelce.

Just now, VIChiefsFan said:

Thanks for the clarification Sam.  

That is how doctors usually break the news too.  

"Doc, how bad is my cancer"

"I give you 40 years to live"

"Oh thank you doc, that is great news"

"Well that includes the 39 years and 6 months you have already lived"

LOL so true

6 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Most fans were happy to get another receiver for Mahomes.  Many were critical of the price paid.  None can say if the Chiefs won any games because Watkins was here, but he had a few where he made big contributions and in all the games he played, he deflected coverage away from Hill or Kelce.

I don't disagree with that, and my concern at the time wasn't even based on injury history.  I just wanted to use the money spent on Watkins to improve the defence.

5 minutes ago, VIChiefsFan said:

I don't disagree with that, and my concern at the time wasn't even based on injury history.  I just wanted to use the money spent on Watkins to improve the defence.

I think the bad signing that hurt the defense was David Amerson.  It seems to me that they thought David Amerson, Fuller and Nelson combined with the drafting of Watts and the return of Berry would be enough to make the secondary better.  Then they spent all their high picks on defense also.  I don't think you can say that Veach ignored defense because of the Watkins signing.  It just hasn't worked out. 

33 minutes ago, VIChiefsFan said:

Thank God the powers to be didn't listen.

3rd on the team in receptions and recieving yards. A 72.7% catch percentage which is good enough for #2 amongst recievers with more than 29 catches.

Before you go on about his contract, it's not what YOU deem appropriate but what the TEAM deems appropriate compensation.

Archived