Watkins might be out for year

On 12/7/2018 at 12:26 PM, Balto said:

4-6 weeks includes what he has missed so far. so after this week its week to week

If he were going to actually come back, we would not have signed Benjamin immediately.  The Chiefs are not exactly forthcoming about injuries.  They way they were taping up his foot on the side line told me that he likely would not play for quite awhile, though if he can play in the playoffs, the rest will have been worth it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/9/2018 at 6:00 PM, Fmbl2187 said:

If he were going to actually come back, we would not have signed Benjamin immediately.  The Chiefs are not exactly forthcoming about injuries.  They way they were taping up his foot on the side line told me that he likely would not play for quite awhile, though if he can play in the playoffs, the rest will have been worth it.

A lot probably depends on whether the Chiefs win on Thursday.  If they do, they can afford to be conservative with putting marginally injured players on the field against SEA.  If they lose, they really need to win in SEA so can't afford to rest anyone who might be available.

• 2 weeks later...

13 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Watkins still not practicing. Yes KC needed a really good #2 to open things up. Watkins was a bad choice. Injury prone and not able to contribute. 16 million gave KC other options. Bad move by VEACH & Co.

I agree. He's helped at times but missed too many games were the Chiefs needed him. The only way he could make up for it is if he makes some plays in the postseason,  helping the Chiefs win. 

He's a very high reward guy when healthy but also a high risk guy with his injury history. Hopefully he comes back for the playoffs to contribute and stay healthy for the next 2 years as well. That's the only thing we can focus on right now. However I'm getting tired of paying huge money to players with major injury history. 

3 hours ago, sith13 said:

He's a very high reward guy when healthy but also a high risk guy with his injury history. Hopefully he comes back for the playoffs to contribute and stay healthy for the next 2 years as well. That's the only thing we can focus on right now. However I'm getting tired of paying huge money to players with major injury history. 

If he turns into Johnny Cueto and delivers a couple of huge performances in the postseason after being disappointing  in the regular season, he’s worth it no matter what.  At this point and with the nature of foot injuries we’re probably hoping he just has one real good overall season  and can really help us down stretch and in January in 2019 season.  But it’s good to have at least some hope he can help this year in January.  If we lose Sunday though he really probably needs to start practicing next week for that to happen.  A win buys him another 10 days.  

11 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

If he turns into Johnny Cueto and delivers a couple of huge performances in the postseason after being disappointing  in the regular season, he’s worth it no matter what.  At this point and with the nature of foot injuries we’re probably hoping he just has one real good overall season  and can really help us down stretch and in January in 2019 season.  But it’s good to have at least some hope he can help this year in January.  If we lose Sunday though he really probably needs to start practicing next week for that to happen.  A win buys him another 10 days.  

If he comes up big in the playoffs it sure will be worth the price. That's what football is all about. Antwaan Randle El made himself a name just in the postseason and we could use something similar from Watkins this year.

5 hours ago, sith13 said:

If he comes up big in the playoffs it sure will be worth the price. That's what football is all about. Antwaan Randle El made himself a name just in the postseason and we could use something similar from Watkins this year.

Should also be noted his last two games before he hurt his foot he had 13 catches for 169 yards and 2 TDs.  The kid can flat play when healthy.  But again that’s not often enough. 

I knew when they were taping his foot in a criss-cross pattern on the sideline, that it was going to be a big problem.  I also knew that the "day-to-day" designation was bullshit.  I wish we could count on the official releases from Andy or the trainers, but we really can't obviously.

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 6:00 PM, Fmbl2187 said:

They way they were taping up his foot on the side line told me that he likely would not play for quite awhile, though if he can play in the playoffs, the rest will have been worth it.

Um, if they were taping it in a manner that means he won't play for quite a while then what's the point in taping it at all?  That seems like an argument that collapses on itself pretty fast.   I can imagine the conversation.  "He's going to be out a long time."  "Let's do the criss cross pattern then.  That's all we can do."

3 hours ago, reesebobby said:

Um, if they were taping it in a manner that means he won't play for quite a while then what's the point in taping it at all?  That seems like an argument that collapses on itself pretty fast.   I can imagine the conversation.  "He's going to be out a long time."  "Let's do the criss cross pattern then.  That's all we can do."

Haha the only speculation we can commentate on is the way they taped the foot because other than that the chiefs haven't said a damn thing about what the hell is wrong with his sh*t

2 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Haha the only speculation we can commentate on is the way they taped the foot because other than that the chiefs haven't said a damn thing about what the hell is wrong with his sh*t

Some guys wont play hurt. I think Watkins is one of them.

2 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Some guys wont play hurt. I think Watkins is one of them.

No one wants their player to play hurt. What would be nice is to know if he'll be back for the playoffs. 

He's our best WR imo. Better than Hill. Hill has it all except his arm length and height, which puts him a tad below Watkins when it comes to 50/50 balls. 

6 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

No one wants their player to play hurt. What would be nice is to know if he'll be back for the playoffs. 

He's our best WR imo. Better than Hill. Hill has it all except his arm length and height, which puts him a tad below Watkins when it comes to 50/50 balls. 

I'm not seeing the logic at all of why Watkins is better than Tyreek. At some point people need to recognize Tyreek is absolutely elite. Is Watkins a better pure red zone target. Yes. And that's a big reason we signed him. 

1 minute ago, Chiefmanzada said:

I don't agree. Yes, on paper physically he's what some teams want in a WR, but in reality Hill is the better player IMO. I'm just going by what I see on the field since both have been playing here. I've never seen Watkins this year out jump anyone for any 50/50 balls, but I have watched Hill do it. 

Watkins is just another good weapon that can get open at times, and make nice plays after the catch for 1st downs. Hill can do that  ,and also make home run plays downfield. 

4 hours ago, reesebobby said:

What it means is that they thought it was significant, that's all. They were being careful.  When feet hurt, it's hard to play. After all its called "football."  They were making a correct initial treatment decision, but no one determines a prognosis on the sideline. They wait for X-rays and an orthopedic surgeon to evaluat It.  It seems you are being awfully picky to try to pick apart my comment like that.  Maybe you just felt compelled to retort with something?

1 minute ago, Fmbl2187 said:

What it means is that they thought it was significant, that's all. They were being careful.  When feet hurt, it's hard to play. After all its called "football."  They were making a correct initial treatment decision, but no one determines a prognosis on the sideline. They wait for X-rays and an orthopedic surgeon to evaluat It.  It seems you are being awfully picky to try to pick apart my comment like that.  Maybe you just felt compelled to retort with something?

No.  I just think it seems silly to think you can diagnose a foot injury as being serious based upon the pattern of taping they do on the sideline.  If they thought it was serious enough to be serious, they would sit him and not waste the tape. 

28 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

If Watkins and Hill remain 100% healthy, I'd take Watkins over Tyreek. 

Obviously because Watkins can't stay healthy Tyreek is the better WR. 

Overall I feel Watkins is a pure breaded WR who has it all. He turns into a RB after each catch. That's his groove 

Nothing would be better than to have Sammy Watkins emerge as anything close to Tyreek next year. Those two could easily be the best tandem in the NFL which is pretty impressive when you also have the best tight end and best QB.  

36 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

No.  I just think it seems silly to think you can diagnose a foot injury as being serious based upon the pattern of taping they do on the sideline.  If they thought it was serious enough to be serious, they would sit him and not waste the tape. 

The time I've played soccer the trainer would be taping my shiz depending upon the location of the injury. Ankle and foot injuries may be taped differently, foot being more serious concerning football. Ankles usually heal after a few weeks 

19 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Nothing would be better than to have Sammy Watkins emerge as anything close to Tyreek next year. Those two could easily be the best tandem in the NFL which is pretty impressive when you also have the best tight end and best QB.  

really? He has done very little to show he should be on the roster next year only reason he will be cuz he's too expensive to cut..kinda like Berry

20 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Indeed. You are correct. Yes. Absolutely.. 

Don't forget Benjamin man he can turn to something too

Archived