Watkins might be out for year

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

37 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

cant make a difference if your not on the field...period

To me as it applies to this year, if he can be productive next month it trumps any health issues he had Sept-Dec....that said, I'm skeptical.  I do however think its possible he has a big year here next season. 

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

No.  I just think it seems silly to think you can diagnose a foot injury as being serious based upon the pattern of taping they do on the sideline.  If they thought it was serious enough to be serious, they would sit him and not waste the tape. 

I see.  They were crossing both above and below the ankle with each pass going under the foot, leaving an X pattern on top of the foot. I'm no orthopedist, but that suggests concern about the bones of the instep or the metatarsals on top of the foot.  If nothing else, it could indicate concern about ligaments on the top of the foot. A concern like that is a concern.  Does that make sense?  I was immediately thinking it could be a season ender.

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

To me as it applies to this year, if he can be productive next month it trumps any health issues he had Sept-Dec....that said, I'm skeptical.  I do however think its possible he has a big year here next season. 

Based on what?  He can’t stay healthy, ever.

26 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

No offense but negative post after negative post after negative post.  You’d think we were 3-11, not 11-3!

It’s got nothing to do with negativity.  Sammy Watkins has never been able to stay on the field under any circumstances. The trend continues in Kansas City this year and nobody should have any confidence that it’ll change.  $16/mil per year for a guy like Watkins was dumb.

51 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

And it’s not even close.  Watkins would be a superstar if he could ever stay health.  But he can’t.

You crack me up. Apprantely trading a FIRST ROUND pick for Cooks has been erased from the equation. Remind me again what we traded away to get Watkins?  LOL

7 hours ago, Legend of AC said:

Well, at least Cooks is on the field.  With Watkins the ROI is negative.

We haven’t gotten our 7.8 million dollars worth this year for sure but at least we didn’t trade our first round pick for those 3 TDs. Or our second round pick for Peters.  Or third round pick for Fowler.  Point here is if your willing to part with invaluable cheap early draft picks, the veteran talent pool for you is MUCH bigger.   Meanwhile the Chiefs will have 4 picks before the Rams have one. So they better win quick. These aren’t apples to apples moves.  

Archived