Chiefs preparing Berry to play vs Chargers

Makes a ton of sense. Chargers game is more important and he gets extra time off from soreness that comes from not playing for months.  

Adam Schefter
Chiefs’ S Eric Berry, listed as questionable for Sunday due to a heel injury, is not expected to play vs the Ravens but Kansas City is preparing him to play Thursday night vs. the Chargers, per source.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

30 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Berry, if healthy and in game shape, would give the defense a whole new look.  They need him against the Chargers and Seahawks.  Those are the two critical games remaining in the regular season.    

Hope this not not more smoke screen. Berry likely will not be a big factor his first few games. Its been forever since he has played a game. Will help in play-offs if he makes it that far. 

25 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Hope this not not more smoke screen. Berry likely will not be a big factor his first few games. Its been forever since he has played a game. Will help in play-offs if he makes it that far. 

I'm more in the camp that he wont be a big factor this  year regardless, not playing for almost 2 full seasons is a very high hurdle.. that being said  he's over come a lot in these last few years so I wouldn't be bettn against  him but then I'm not a bettn man

7 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I'm more in the camp that he wont be a big factor this  year regardless, not playing for almost 2 full seasons is a very high hurdle.. that being said  he's over come a lot in these last few years so I wouldn't be bettn against  him but then I'm not a bettn man

Agree, but then I watch the play of Sorenson, Murray, and Parker and think, "If Berry is at half speed but knows what he's doing and where he's supposed to be, how much worse could it be?"

2 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

I have seen teams "will" victories just because of an emotional event.

This Thursday, Gonzo is inducted to the Ring and Berry is coming back. The stadium will be packed and rocking for this game.

Rivers tends to choke in big games. 

It's okay if Chris Jones chokes him.

7 hours ago, sith13 said:

Regardless of his shape Berry will definitely be a factor. We have Safeties that get pushed back 5 yards when making a successful tackle. I doubt Berry will be his old self this year but even half of that would be a huge upgrade to what we have now. 

The adrenaline rush does miracles on boo boos. Look at Hill on that last catch. Running like a mad man until he hit the sideline then started limping. I had heard he hurt the foot earlier in the game on a kick return.

The excitement of being back on the field, playing in primetime on Thursday night, against an AFC West opponent for possibly not only the AFC West title but the #1 seed oh and drawing energy from the crazy ass fans I believe adrenaline will propel Berry to play like his old self. May be a little slower but his instincts and reaction will improve the D.

6 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Bad weather and cold could be a challenge for Mahomes, but it will be a big challenge for Rivers.  

I wonder if they will throw Melvin Gordon back out there in those conditions. RBs importance should be elevated in that scenario which makes me think they will. Also consider it’s still 3 days off and weather people have been known to be wrong.  We will see. 

24 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

If its wet I doubt any player with knee , foot or leg issues plays. Wet field is a recipe for a bigger injury. Mahomes grew up in Texas and is used to playing in cold weather. Rivers is not.

According to a trusted source (my friend LOL).  The Chargers top two RBs won’t play. Kind of puts us on even terms because Ware is very iffy too. Tyreek clearly won’t be close to 100 percent either. Real gut check time in a short week. 

I don’t think cold matters as much as rain and wind when it comes to the QBs. 

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

If its wet I doubt any player with knee , foot or leg issues plays. Wet field is a recipe for a bigger injury. Mahomes grew up in Texas and is used to playing in cold weather. Rivers is not.

Where’s rivers from...

44 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

According to a trusted source (my friend LOL).  The Chargers top two RBs won’t play. Kind of puts us on even terms because Ware is very iffy too. Tyreek clearly won’t be close to 100 percent either. Real gut check time in a short week. 

I don’t think cold matters as much as rain and wind when it comes to the QBs. 

The way he was hobbled, I don’t think he’ll play 

8 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Fuller has been ok. Not as good as I hoped or expected. Was hoping Nelson would have improved. He should be depth. Other CBs are barely NFL caliber. Safeties are lost out there. 

I think If you put fuller next to a true number 1 you’d see that. He’s being asked to be a number 1 and he’s not.

Archived