Chiefs preparing Berry to play vs Chargers

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

I think If you put fuller next to a true number 1 you’d see that. He’s being asked to be a number 1 and he’s not.

Good point. I guess I was hoping for someone a little closer to a CB1 in Fuller. I wouldn't mind if every round was spent on D with an emphasis on CB.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Good point. I guess I was hoping for someone a little closer to a CB1 in Fuller. I wouldn't mind if every round was spent on D with an emphasis on CB.

The Chiefs need a new starter at CB and move Fuller to cover the slot.  That's where he had real success for the 'Skins. 

12 hours ago, FANATIC said:

If its wet I doubt any player with knee , foot or leg issues plays. Wet field is a recipe for a bigger injury. Mahomes grew up in Texas and is used to playing in cold weather. Rivers is not.

This is something I had wondered about. Mahomes is from Tyler TX. That's the northern part of Texas I think, which climate is similar to Oklahoma. I've lived in Oklahoma  and the climate is similar to KC but doesn't get quite as cold.

9 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

And now for the first time KSHB 41 is reporting Berry may be done for the season.  Nothing at all concrete though.  He was a limited participant in practice again. 

IF, this is true then KC probably should give him an injury settlement, recoup some money and if he wants and the Chiefs feels he can do it, give him a job on the coaching staff.

7 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

IF, this is true then KC probably should give him an injury settlement, recoup some money and if he wants and the Chiefs feels he can do it, give him a job on the coaching staff.

Just continues to be an odd deal because Berry practiced again today and they are still saying he could play Thursday. I think they are saying he won't play until he's ready even if that's 2019. What I don't get here is what is going to change next year? Is he going to have surgery? Because if not you are 100 percent correct we need to come up with an injury settlement and move on. If there is a solution, I wish they would have taken it already. 

11 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Injury settlement can not happen soon enough in my mind if he’s done this season.  Right now he is a total waste of cap & roster space. 

Am I the only one who gets a little oissed off whenever the game camera focuses on EB standing around on the sideline during the game?

Not sure what I was hoping for, 13 weeks without practicing and playing and then all of a sudden that pain is going to go away or he can some how manage it.   At this point if he could give us two solid weeks against the Chargers and Seahawks and allow us to wrap up that bye and home field then I'd take it.   At some point someone in the media needs to ask some tough questions if indeed he hangs em up for the year.    

The Silver lining is we are 11-2 without him and can continue to do so without him.   

10 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Just continues to be an odd deal because Berry practiced again today and they are still saying he could play Thursday. I think they are saying he won't play until he's ready even if that's 2019. What I don't get here is what is going to change next year? Is he going to have surgery? Because if not you are 100 percent correct we need to come up with an injury settlement and move on. If there is a solution, I wish they would have taken it already. 

I think surgery in the offseason is a lock at this point. He won't quit without trying the alternative. My question is why didn't they opt for such a treatment already it has been 4 months since he has been out which is enough time for someone with good self discipline to actually return to their old self after the surgery and we know how good Berry looks after himself. 

6 hours ago, sith13 said:

I think surgery in the offseason is a lock at this point. He won't quit without trying the alternative. My question is why didn't they opt for such a treatment already it has been 4 months since he has been out which is enough time for someone with good self discipline to actually return to their old self after the surgery and we know how good Berry looks after himself. 

This is the part that pisses me off the most. The gross player/injury mismanagement.  

1963:  no this is not on the field, but it is significantly affecting the defense (which is on the field). 

If he’s hurt & not coming back: so be it.  At least fill the roster spot with a player (preferably a talented safety) who can give us some production on the field.

1 hour ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

This is the part that pisses me off the most. The gross player/injury mismanagement.  

1963:  no this is not on the field, but it is significantly affecting the defense (which is on the field). 

If he’s hurt & not coming back: so be it.  At least fill the roster spot with a player (preferably a talented safety) who can give us some production on the field.

I dont think roster space is an issue. Chiefs have players on the current roster that would pass thru waivers unclaimed. Not like they dont have room for available talent. There isnt much available or they would be signed.

Looks like he will play.  Like other people are saying, I doubt the Chiefs would put this out there and then have Berry not play.

Knowing Bob Sutton though, he'll choose to play Sorenson and Parker over Berry.

13 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

I dont think roster space is an issue. Chiefs have players on the current roster that would pass thru waivers unclaimed. Not like they dont have room for available talent. There isnt much available or they would be signed.

Yep. We were close on Earl Thomas which perhaps would have led to Berry being IRd.  Issue is if Berry could come back he’s better than anyone out there even at far less than 100 percent.  And IF this is correctable there’s a legit chance he could be a top tier safety again next year.  We just don’t know.  But wanting an injury settlement without all the info is crazy especially when your talking about a rare talent like this.  

9 minutes ago, dksww said:

Looks like he will play.  Like other people are saying, I doubt the Chiefs would put this out there and then have Berry not play.

Very good news. Even on a pitch count. If they play him with wet conditions they must feel he is good to go. Cant wait to see #29 on the field. Should add energy to an amazing 12th man crowd & the team.

10 minutes ago, dksww said:

I’ll say it again. Suttons defenses have turned 

3 hours ago, dksww said:

Yeah he's playing 😀😀😀😀😀

ESPN's Adam Schefter confirms Eric Berry (questionable, heel) is expected to play in Week 15 against the Chargers.

Berry was healthy enough to return Sunday, but the Chiefs held him out with a short turnaround this week. Sidelined since last year's opener, it's likely Berry's snaps are limited in his debut. Berry's presence is a needed upgrade to a Chiefs secondary that's graded near the bottom of the league.

What I’m hearing is that Berry has been cleared to play for over a month and this has completely been his decision to sit out because of fear of tearing Achilles.  Not sure why now although it fits rational timeline for meaningful play vs risk.   This may explain why he wasn’t IRd and the cryptic nature of whole injury.  I can’t confirm this but it does come from solid media source.  In any case it will be good to see him on the field if it really happens like we think   

Archived