chiefs ravens game day thread

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12 minutes ago, PAChiefsFan79 said:

Not going to lie. The way the Ravens D played today I didn't think the Chiefs were going to tie it up at 24. They harassed Mahomes all day long. Don't want to see the Ravens in the playoffs unless Berry makes a huge difference on defense.

The oline stepped up on the final two drives. They gave Mahomes some clean pockets and time to run around.

I'm not an Erving fan, but when he went down, I thought it was all over.  Mahomes got hit on nearly every play after that and only a few scrambing miracles saved the day.  Mahomes is the only KC QB that could have pulled off that last regular time drive.  Now the whole season rests on beating LAC for home field all the way.  BTW:  It's good the official couldn't get his flag out of his pocket on the very last play. 

Best Chiefs game I have seen since the Christmas Day Pololak game in 1971.  That was a double overtime loss with about the same emotional rollercoaster ride.   I am down to one Lisinopril  (Blood pressure pill) which I am about to take right now.     What this says to America more than anything else that in spite of all problems,  the hoopla,   the unfairness,  and over indulgence....NFL football is STILL the greatest sport EVER.

I just want to admit to Hands that I was wrong, bad wrong on my prediction. The defense was the best the Chiefs have played all year! Good luck the rest of the way my friend. The Chiefs won the game but it could have easily went the other way. The Ravens belong in the playoffs with a D like that and you get Flacco back also. 

41 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I'm not an Erving fan, but when he went down, I thought it was all over.  Mahomes got hit on nearly every play after that and only a few scrambing miracles saved the day.  Mahomes is the only KC QB that could have pulled off that last regular time drive.  Now the whole season rests on beating LAC for home field all the way.  BTW:  It's good the official couldn't get his flag out of his pocket on the very last play. 

That's because Jeff Allen is the shit's 

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Like the Chiefs run game, we have to hope the line is better with a couple of practices with the new guy in.  Can the back up center play LG?

I see in the Box score that Ware had 75 yards rushing. That's pretty solid against a good defense. 

25 minutes ago, AppalachianChief said:

I just want to admit to Hands that I was wrong, bad wrong on my prediction. The defense was the best the Chiefs have played all year! Good luck the rest of the way my friend. The Chiefs won the game but it could have easily went the other way. The Ravens belong in the playoffs with a D like that and you get Flacco back also. 

7 wins-6 losses. Beat nobody. Dont belong in playoffs. Joe Fucco will be at QB next week.

25 minutes ago, AppalachianChief said:

Thanks!

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

That would have been pretty ticky-tack.  They missed 2-3 roughing the passer calls on Mahomes that were worse.

19 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Ravens played to their strengths. Kudos. 

They're a bad matchup for us but we pulled it out.  I think the two types of teams that are bad matchups for us are at the two extremes:

• Good defense and running (games with ball-control and minimal possessions)
  • Teams with offenses that can keep up with ours regardless of defense

Teams in the middle don't scare me as much.

Archived