chiefs ravens game day thread

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Yep they play tough.  Oakland's shitty field gave you guys a mega gift and now I think the Ravens have a real chance to win that division.

I think the future is good for them with Jackson.

It's funny to watch so many of you love up Baltimore.  If we had hunt and Watkins we run away with this game. 

And to Jackson if he doesn't learn to be an adequate thrower he won't be anything.  He is looking for injury if he remains a running QB in the league. He had a ways top go top be a threat as a passer too

1 minute ago, Palangi said:

It's funny to watch so many of you love up Baltimore.  If we had hunt and Watkins we run away with this game. 

And to Jackson if he doesn't learn to be an adequate thrower he won't be anything.  He is looking for injury if he remains a running QB in the league. He had a ways top go top be a threat as a passer too

We'll stop lovin' on BAL after they play the Chargers.

16 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Exactly. Good defense ok. But nothing else. 7-6 says it all. Joe Fucco likely back at QB. 

3 hours ago, wilkie said:

Best Chiefs game I have seen since the Christmas Day Pololak game in 1971.  That was a double overtime loss with about the same emotional rollercoaster ride.   I am down to one Lisinopril  (Blood pressure pill) which I am about to take right now.     What this says to America more than anything else that in spite of all problems,  the hoopla,   the unfairness,  and over indulgence....NFL football is STILL the greatest sport EVER.

I found the Christmas game on YouTube. Haven't gotten around to watching it.

That's the only game I ever cried over. A kick in the gut to end Christmas day. 

I'm impressed by Baltimore.  Defense is always top 3-5 in the AFC, good running game offense and not much explosive talent so Harbaugh is coaching to what they have in a running QB.

I think Jackson can develop into a pretty good QB, he's not a pure pocket passer just yet, but he has the tools to be.  I don't think BAL will ask him to run as much in the future when they infuse the offense with talent at RB and WR.

3 minutes ago, dksww said:

I think Jackson can develop into a pretty good QB, he's not a pure pocket passer just yet, but he has the tools to be.

He didn't look great today, but he was more of a passer, including accuracy, in college than many people give him credit for.  So I agree he has the tools to improve significantly and change his overall game.

5 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

That would have been pretty ticky-tack.  They missed 2-3 roughing the passer calls on Mahomes that were worse.

Sooner or later they will have to give him those calls. If it happened against Brady all 3 would habe been called.

9 hours ago, dksww said:

I'm impressed by Baltimore.  Defense is always top 3-5 in the AFC, good running game offense and not much explosive talent so Harbaugh is coaching to what they have in a running QB.

I think Jackson can develop into a pretty good QB, he's not a pure pocket passer just yet, but he has the tools to be.  I don't think BAL will ask him to run as much in the future when they infuse the offense with talent at RB and WR.

I think the worst thing they could do is try to turn Lamar Jackson into something he's not.  Let the kid run.

12 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Exactly. Good defense ok. But nothing else. 7-6 says it all. Joe Fucco likely back at QB. 

This post is exactly why you can't be taken seriously. You know nothing of the QB situation in Baltimore any more than I know if they are bringing in a new kicker in KC.

Just stop.

11 hours ago, dksww said:

We lack playmakers like Hill or Kelce. Our TE's disappeared for most of the game- we drafted 2 this year. Our WR's are complimentary nowadays.

Jackson has to make significant improvement in his passing game to become close to a good to great passer.

Let's put the breaks on. Yes it was a close win but really folks, praising Baltimore for their running game, it's good but let's be real.

All I hear week in and week out is how shitty the Chiefs D and specifically their D against the run. So how does that make their running game really good. If the Chiefs rushing D sucks then how does some other team running on them make the other team so good? If the Chiefs rushing D was in the top 10, then I could see the praise. The #4 rushing O should gouge the #25 rushing D.

If Buttkicker wouldn't have missed two FGs in regulation their wouldn't have been a need for OT.

Yes a good win, a very good win indeed. One they probably wouldn't have gotten in the past. So I will enjoy for the rest of the day then on to the Chargers. 

2 hours ago, Legend of AC said:

But, I did also predict the Chiefs in a nail-biter!  

You nailed that one.  I think most people did actually. I thought NE had a good chance to lose but sure didn’t expect Colts to beat Texans.  Great day for the Chiefs. 

14 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Yep they play tough.  Oakland's shitty field gave you guys a mega gift and now I think the Ravens have a real chance to win that division.

I think the future is good for them with Jackson.

In the modern NFL where elite passers give teams a big advantage, he’s got a TON to prove before I buy into him. That style he plays, certainly matches up well with our biggest weakness though.  

Just now, Mloe68 said:

In the modern NFL where elite passers give teams a big advantage, he’s got a TON to prove before I buy into him. That style he plays, certainly matches up well with our biggest weakness though.  

If you look at their stats before Jackson started playing their rushing offense had 0 200 yard games. A QB should not be the reason the running game has drastically improved, not in this pass happy era.

He will probably go the way of RGIII. Exciting but not effective in the long term.

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

That is my take also; I do not see this style lasting. He needs to improve as a passer 10 fold. Alot of his passes were late coming out or behind the receiver....can't win like that.

2 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Let's put the breaks on. Yes it was a close win but really folks, praising Baltimore for their running game, it's good but let's be real.

All I hear week in and week out is how shitty the Chiefs D and specifically their D against the run. So how does that make their running game really good. If the Chiefs rushing D sucks then how does some other team running on them make the other team so good? If the Chiefs rushing D was in the top 10, then I could see the praise. The #4 rushing O should gouge the #25 rushing D.

If Buttkicker wouldn't have missed two FGs in regulation their wouldn't have been a need for OT.

Yes a good win, a very good win indeed. One they probably wouldn't have gotten in the past. So I will enjoy for the rest of the day then on to the Chargers. 

198 yds rushing.

Did they need to go for 250 to suit your taste?

If they WOULD NOT have rushed for the most yds this season vs the Chiefs D, then you might have a case.

Rookie QB making his 4th start

You needed a Miracle on 4th down to extend the game and got it...

Be happy in your win. Cheers.

23 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

198 yds rushing.

If they WOULD NOT have rushed for the most yds this season vs the Chiefs D, then you might have a case.

Rookie QB making his 4th start

You needed a Miracle on 4th down to extend the game and got it...

It wasn’t a miracle, it was Mahomes doing what he does.  For any other QB in the NFL not named Rodgers (maybe not even him) it might be classified as a miracle.  

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

198 yds rushing.

If they WOULD NOT have rushed for the most yds this season vs the Chiefs D, then you might have a case. And the lowest passing out put. The Chiefs give up an average of 281 passing yards the Ravens had 123. So the Ravens generated 321 total yards against a team that gives up an average of 409 yards per game.

Rookie QB making his 4th start. Mahomes first 4 starts, 1 as a Rookie, 4-0. Which consists of 1,180 passing yards and 14 TD passes.

You needed a Miracle on 4th down to extend the game and got it... Yep, it happens. Prefer a 4th down miracle then a 4th down let down by a staunch D to lose the game.

Seeing that prior to Jackson the Ravens averaged 93 yards of rushing per game. 93 yards of rushing per game would put them at #29 in the league. Since he arrived they have averaged 228 yards per game. Prior, their highest output on the ground was 123 ryshing yards, after their highest was 242 and lowest was yesterday at 198.

Now accompany that with the fact that in Jackson's 4 starts they played the #32, #31, #26 and #25 ranked rushing defenses I change my comment that they have a good running game to they have a running game only if the play shitty run Ds and Jackson is in the game.

I'm not taking anything away from the Ravens, it was a good game. I'm just asking that people put this into perspective. Ravens played one of the worst defenses in the league and yet people compliments their offense. The Ravens D is the only thing that kept them in this game.

Archived