chiefs ravens game day thread

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

198 yds rushing.

Did they need to go for 250 to suit your taste?

If they WOULD NOT have rushed for the most yds this season vs the Chiefs D, then you might have a case.

Rookie QB making his 4th start

You needed a Miracle on 4th down to extend the game and got it...

Be happy in your win. Cheers.

That rushing attack slowed down a lot after the first quarter also

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Seeing that prior to Jackson the Ravens averaged 93 yards of rushing per game. 93 yards of rushing per game would put them at #29 in the league. Since he arrived they have averaged 228 yards per game. Prior, their highest output on the ground was 123 ryshing yards, after their highest was 242 and lowest was yesterday at 198.

Now accompany that with the fact that in Jackson's 4 starts they played the #32, #31, #26 and #25 ranked rushing defenses I change my comment that they have a good running game to they have a running game only if the play shitty run Ds and Jackson is in the game.

I'm not taking anything away from the Ravens, it was a good game. I'm just asking that people put this into perspective. Ravens played one of the worst defenses in the league and yet people compliments their offense. The Ravens D is the only thing that kept them in this game.

Ravens avg 273 yds passing before Jackson came in. Now its a148 under his 4 starts.

Mahomes is a different animal so to compare him to LJ is just unrealistic. Plus, Mahomes has different style of play, got to learn for a year with AS and has had 2 OTAs and TC's.

Running the ball to keep Mahomes off the field was the best defense. Just couldn't get a stop. No biggie deal.

The scoreboard was all I cared about. You won. Congrats. No one has given you game on your home field all year long. We did.

3 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Ravens avg 273 yds passing before Jackson came in. Now its a148 under his 4 starts.

Mahomes is a different animal so to compare him to LJ is just unrealistic. Plus, Mahomes has different style of play, got to learn for a year with AS and has had 2 OTAs and TC's.

Running the ball to keep Mahomes off the field was the best defense. Just couldn't get a stop. No biggie deal.

The scoreboard was all I cared about. You won. Congrats. No one has given you game on your home field all year long. We did.

Which position do you play, Hands?

Mahomes is so far ahead of the game in terms of him mentally handling a very difficult league. But theres zero doubt the year he spent behind Alex was invaluable to this process and as such if he had to play last year, its very unlikely to me he would have been ready to deliver anything like this. 

4 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Mahomes is so far ahead of the game in terms of him mentally handling a very difficult league. But theres zero doubt the year he spent behind Alex was invaluable to this process and as such if he had to play last year, its very unlikely to me he would have been ready to deliver anything like this. 

Im not so sure. He is the EXCEPTION to the Rules.

9 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

If you look at their stats before Jackson started playing their rushing offense had 0 200 yard games. A QB should not be the reason the running game has drastically improved, not in this pass happy era.

He will probably go the way of RGIII. Exciting but not effective in the long term.

I'd rather have 5-10 years of exciting football vs 10 or so years of yawn.

4 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Do you really feel that the Raven gave away the game?  KC had some very untimely penalties and some dropped passes that made a big difference in scoring chances.  Just as the Ravens allowed a game changing completion on fourth and nine, the Chiefs gave up a third and 21 that was critical.  It was just a close game with a few breaks both ways.  The Ravens played well in the areas where they are strong and the Chiefs are fortunate to have an offense that's always a threat to score quickly.  As for the theory that a top offense will beat a top defense, well, just look at the Bears/Rams game.

55 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Do you really feel that the Raven gave away the game?  KC had some very untimely penalties and some dropped passes that made a big difference in scoring chances.  Just as the Ravens allowed a game changing completion on fourth and nine, the Chiefs gave up a third and 21 that was critical.  It was just a close game with a few breaks both ways.  The Ravens played well in the areas where they are strong and the Chiefs are fortunate to have an offense that's always a threat to score quickly.  As for the theory that a top offense will beat a top defense, well, just look at the Bears/Rams game.

I can't speak for Hands, but I think he meant that the Ravens gave the Chiefs the most competitive game at home. I agree they did, but would argue that the Broncos did also. The Ravens stuck  more to what worked (running the ball) which they had no choice with the rookie QB.

11 hours ago, jetlord said:

Not gave away- let slip thru their hands. Up by 7 at the 2:00 mark in regulation? The #1 defense should force a turnover on downs.

But like the last 3 years in row, crucial game, can't make a stop and give up a big play on a 4th down or at the goal line.

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

Not gave away- let slip thru their hands. Up by 7 at the 2:00 mark in regulation? The #1 defense should force a turnover on downs.

And they almost did, but they were also playing a top offense.  You can't really say "should" on either end in that case.

31 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

And they almost did, but they were also playing a top offense.  You can't really say "should" on either end in that case.

Sure I can....Baltimore is  4th on 3rd down at 34.5 % and 12th on 4th downs at 55%. KC was at 46 on 3rd and 80% on 4th. Odds were in our favor. Mahomes made a great miracle play that 8-9 times out of 10 is picked off. Mahomes is very very good.

2 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Sure I can....Baltimore is  4th on 3rd down at 34.5 % and 12th on 4th downs at 55%. KC was at 46 on 3rd and 80% on 4th. Odds were in our favor. Mahomes made a great miracle play that 8-9 times out of 10 is picked off. Mahomes is very very good.

Well if "should" just means "more likely than not" then that's one thing, but you're sort of shifting the definition in that case.

arguing to argue....

This is your response after my second reply?  Sounds like the response of someone who got checkmated.

2 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Whose the one keeping the thread going?  This game is in the books, move on.

Also this.

5 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Whose the one keeping the thread going?  This game is in the books, move on.

So now you are the arbiter of when a thread should die? LOL

2 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

This is your response after my second reply?  Sounds like the response of someone who got checkmated.

Also this.

Yes it is- I laid out my argument as to why I felt the way I felt about the game and you try to change the definition of words to fit your argument.

Checkmate my ass....

11 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

So now you are the arbiter of when a thread should die? LOL

Yes it is- I laid out my argument as to why I felt the way I felt about the game and you try to change the definition of words to fit your argument.

Checkmate my ass....

Nope responding to your post. If you wish to continue go ahead but for me I'm done with the Ravens game and looking forward to the Chargers. 

3 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

But like the last 3 years in row, crucial game, can't make a stop and give up a big play on a 4th down or at the goal line.

Top offenses should be able to score when the game is on the line.  Top defenses should stop them.  Someone has to fail and in this case, the Chiefs pulled it off.  Sure, the odds were against the Chiefs on fourth and nine, but it happens.  The Chiefs, had they lost, could have pointed to the third and 21 that they failed to stop, the missed field goals, the interception, or the untimely penalties.  The Raven failure in the last two minutes sticks out, but there were another 58 minutes where the game could have been put away or lost.

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Top offenses should be able to score when the game is on the line.  Top defenses should stop them.  Someone has to fail and in this case, the Chiefs pulled it off.  Sure, the odds were against the Chiefs on fourth and nine, but it happens.  The Chiefs, had they lost, could have pointed to the third and 21 that they failed to stop, the missed field goals, the interception, or the untimely penalties.  The Raven failure in the last two minutes sticks out, but there were another 58 minutes where the game could have been put away or lost.

Absolutely- combined with all the penalties called on the Ravens, it was a recipe for a loss

4 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

I don't know if I'd call it a miracle because Tyreek broke wide open. But the ability to run 16 mph in one direction and throw it across his body 40 yards the other direction is just freak of nature stuff athletically. I'm not sure there's another QB in the NFL who could pull that off with such accuracy. I just have vivid memories of kicking the Broncos ass for 3 1/2 quarters only to have Elway do things like this to beat us anyway. It's good to be on the other end of this thing. Lets face it, we aren't the same offense without Hunt and Watkins, but he just keep delivering these big numbers anyway. I will say at some point people are going to recognize the Tyreek Hill is an elite WR too. 

Archived