43 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

One of those missed FG was a bad snap.  There aren't many guys who are capable of putting up the FG numbers he had last year.  I say give him a fuckin' break.  I'm glad we have him.  That's a pretty lonely position.Terrifying, actually.

The one he made wasn't a good snap either.  I get it, they aren't all going to be perfect, but an off snap really screws with a kickers timing and throws everything out of whack.

10 hours ago, WichitaZRide said:

It’s not as bad as everyone is making it out to be...three missed FGs in the year, two of which were 50 yards or more, one of those being in a cold game on a bad snap.  

January 7, 1996 3 missed FGs - 35, 39 and 42. Any of which would have tied the game, any two woulf have won the game. Saying this kickers name is banned in here yet Jan Stenerud's isn't. 

December 25, 1971 3 missed FGs - 29, 32 and 42 (blocked). The 32 yarder at the end of regulation would have beaten the Dolphins who ended up representing the AFC in the SB.

Amazing who we elect to damn and others who get free rides.

13 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

January 7, 1996 3 missed FGs - 35, 39 and 42. Any of which would have tied the game, any two woulf have won the game. Saying this kickers name is banned in here yet Jan Stenerud's isn't. 

December 25, 1971 3 missed FGs - 29, 32 and 42 (blocked). The 32 yarder at the end of regulation would have beaten the Dolphins who ended up representing the AFC in the SB.

being in the HOF is also a consideration

Stenerud kicked three field goals, scoring the first nine points of the game. His first, a 48-yarder, was the longest field goal in a Super Bowl for 24 years, & In 1994, he was selected to the NFL's 75th Anniversary Team.

I'd say  those are enough reasons

11 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

One had a bad day.  The other had a bad life.

Archived