#1 Seed? Win 2 of last 3?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless the injury situation is worse, the Chiefs will be favored against the Chargers.  Maybe it doesn't matter since I think the Donks will beat LAC the last game if Denver is still in the playoff hunt.  The Chiefs would have a very tough time in SEA so it's probably mandatory to beat the Chargers.

11 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Unless the injury situation is worse, the Chiefs will be favored against the Chargers.  Maybe it doesn't matter since I think the Donks will beat LAC the last game if Denver is still in the playoff hunt.  The Chiefs would have a very tough time in SEA so it's probably mandatory to beat the Chargers.

Broncos lost Sanders and Davis. Little chance.... hope they win any games going forward. Chargers still face Balt after Kc. So Chiefs have Seattle while they play Balt.

29 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Broncos lost Sanders and Davis. Little chance.... hope they win any games going forward. Chargers still face Balt after Kc. So Chiefs have Seattle while they play Balt.

Denver doesn't play well on the road, but LAC has a tough time at Mile High.

1 hour ago, PAChiefsFan79 said:

Chargers and Chiefs would both be 13-3. Since Chiefs in this scenario lost the last head to head match up Chargers would win the division. All other tie breakers wouldn't matter.

I am honestly confused that you ever thought "most recent" played a role in the tiebreakers.  The Chargers already have a second divisional loss, to the Broncos.  We win the division with any 2 of 3 wins because:

• Win over LAC clinches division (2 game lead + tiebreaker with 2 games to go)
  • Beating SEA and OAK means the worst case scenario is we tie with LAC at 13-3, split head-to-head, and get the divisional tiebreaker (5-1 with the win over OAK)
  • If we lose to LAC and another game or games, we need LAC to lose the same amount of those games.  If we somehow lost to LAC and OAK and LAC lost one more, putting us tied at 12-4, then I think we still get the tiebreaker because we would lead in common games (one of our losses is to NE, not a common game, all over the Chargers losses would be in common games with us)

To restate:

• Win on Thursday, clinch division
  • Lose on Thursday and win out, clinch division
  • Lose on Thursday and lose 1 of last 2, need LAC to lose at least 1 to clinch division
  • Lose out, need LAC to lose last two (Ravens and Broncos)

4 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Steelers kicker just slipped and kicked the ball right into someones ass.  They lose to Oakland.

Yeah, Steelers are in serious danger of missing playoffs with two very tough games remaining.  Bal will probably go 9-7 so PIT has to  win over either NE or NO.

Archived