#1 Seed? Win 2 of last 3?

This is one of those of who has more to lose/gain from the outcome.

Chiefs are in so even if, very unlikely, they lose all the remaining games they are still in the playoffs. However, after riding so high all season and not winning the West or even a 1st round bye could mess with peoples minds. I know people in here will explode.

Chargers are basically 1 win from making the playoffs so they are not very desperate either. However, they would like to gain momentum going into the playoffs and what better way than to knock the Chiefs out of 1st in the West or at worst knock them down to the 3rd seed.

Chiefs and their fans mental and emotional state will be on the line Thursday.  Chargers, delay of the inevitable will be on the line.

FYI: the Chiefs won 5 then lost 1 on the road. Won 4 then lost 1 on the road. If the regular season trend continues, and I hope it doesn't, they would win 3 and lose 1 on the road i.e. Seattle. The 2 they lost, both on road, both by 3, both against 2 teams capable of putting up a lot of points, both teams with good home records. Seattle fits the bill. One positive for KC in the Seattle game, they hopefully have sewn up the division and it won't matter to them as much.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Chiefs won't be the third seed unless they lose out and Houston wins out.  If they win their division, they are #1 or #2 in all probability.  If not, they are #5.  Beat thee Chargers, and they're 90% #1.

For us to be the 3rd seed would also require LAC losing to BAL and DEN, because we would need to win the division.

Archived