Hot Seat

liquidfriend

Safe

Andy Reid (Clark Hunt probably stumbling over himself to extend Andy even further)

Bill Belichick (Nothing to say here)

Bill O'Brien (They are on pace for a bye--he's safe)

Anthony Lynn (Playoff berth will get him an extension)

Jason Garrett (Funny that people torch Jerruh for being impatient and when he shows patience everyone torches him.  Can't win for shit.)

Doug Pederson (SB will buy him many years)

Sean Payton (Safe)

Sean McVay (Safe)

Pete Carroll (He's doing a pretty remarkable job in what's considered a rebuild)

Kyle Shanahan (He's got a 6 year contract and can't fault them when the starting QB goes down Week 3.  Safe for now)

First year guys:

(Except for a few exceptions (Romeo Crennel), you're safe if this is year one)

Frank Reich

Mike Vrabel

Jon Gruden

Pat Shurmur

Matt Nagy

Matt Patricia

Warm:

Vance Joseph - Joseph isn't a very good coach, but I think he had his team playing hard and believing in his vision.  He also was handcuffed by a shitty QB.  I think the right move would be to give him one more year, but don't underestimate Smellway if the heat goes on him (and he should be getting it).  If he gets the pressure, Vance will fall on the sword.

John Harbaugh - If the Ravens miss the playoffs, he's toast.  Right now a rookie QB is on the verge of saving his job and I think the Ravens are going to make it this time.

Adam Gase - The Dolphins are in the hunt again, but they'll need a miracle to get in.  He's likely safe, but he's gonna have to bring actual results in 2019 or he's out.

Sean McDermott - Sean is ok for now, but you have to seriously question his decision making on the QB situation.  Completely bungling it kept them out of the race,

Jay Gruden - If it weren't for Alex Smith's career dying and Allen/Snyder refusing to ever admit they made a mistake, Gruden's seat would be red hot.  Would they admit a mistake to make another mistake?  It'll be entertaining to see come January!

Mike Tomlin - The seat is just warm right now, but the heat is about to be cranked up high.  He's thrown 2 Offensive Coordinators and a legendary Defensive Coordinator under the bus so far and is running out of people to place the blame on.  Sure he'll fire Keith Butler in January if they don't go far, but I think the Rooney's know that their window is almost closed and if he fails to do it again than they gotta do something.  I think Mike Tomlin is coaching for his career every week now.

Hot:

Steve Wilks - Wilks is an exception to the first year Head Coaching mulligan.  I think his seat is hot because Steve Kiem isn't a guarantee to stay and if they change GM's in the winter, I can't see why they wouldn't completely clean house.  Wilks is coaching for his life every week and they just lost to a shitty Lions team at home.

Doug Marrone - It's odd to place him here after being one half away from the Super Bowl a year ago, but he's lost the locker room and I'm not sure he'll gain it back.  Too many ego's.  Something is gonna have to give here in the winter.

Dan Quinn - Blank seems patient here, but I'm not sold on Goo Goo Dolls fill in guy having the same stance.  I think between the epic collapse in the SB and the last 2 seasons that Quinn should be fired, but the pressure would be intense upstairs if another coach goes.  Major changes will be happening in the appropriate  nickname, Hotlanta.

You're Fucked:

Marvin Lewis - Expectations were high in Cincinnati this year, especially after the fast start.  The Bengals have had an epic collapse and I anticipate the Bengals finally closing out the Marvin Lewis era.  Unless they're fucking stupid, Hue Jackson is going with him.

Ron Rivera - The only way he can save his job would be to win out, which is asking a whole hell of a lot considering they play the Saints twice in 3 weeks.  No way will a new owner stay put with a major collapse.  Riverboat Ron is fucked.

Dirk Koetter - He's had too many chances and blew them all.  The Bucs will be cleaning house in the winter, I'd anticipate.

Todd Bowles - RIP

Hue Jackson-ville:

Hue Jackson - lmao

Mike McCarthy - I don't think fat Mike is a horrible coach, but he needs to spend his idle time modernizing his Offense and should do it quickly because he'll be getting phone calls very soon.  I think a lot of his problems were a diva QB and he was just there too fucking long.

Marvin Lewis may still be around... he should have been gone like 5 years ago.

Tomlin is really a guy that should go.

McDermott is mind boggling with his insistence to trot Peterman out there. Worse than Haley and Palko.

Marrone has always struck me as a dud. He had a great defense last year but that team is done. He and Coughlin should go.

Dan Quinn should be dumped for ever hiring Sarkisian in the first place.

Ron Rivera is entering like Jeff Fisher territory. 

I think the Bengals gave Marvin every single chance to do it in Cincinnati, but it's just over now.  He's been there too long and for a Defensive genius, his D was shit.

It's a divorce that's overdue, but lets take a moment to appreciate an extremely impressive feat.  Hue Jackson has driven more than one AFC North team straight into the basement.

Tomlin is in the same realm as McCarthy, but the Steelers weren't completely allergic to keeping good players like GB.  He's been there too long.

While you could argue Jax needs to clean house, and I really won't argue against it, I don't think it's going to happen.  Shad Khan will give them a chance to correct the wreck and I think Coughlin knows exactly the spot Marrone is in.  They better have one REALLY good plan to flip it around though.

McDermott should be shot directly into the sun for continuing to start Peterman, who did nothing but suck and lose games.  But its Buffalo and they will worship him forever for a lameass WC berth.

Quinn should of been fired after the SB collapse.  If I owned that team, I would have done it the next day.  Was totally inexplicable.

Rivera isn't quite Jeff Fisher.  The idea of turning Cam Newton into an Air Coryell passer was certainly strange, and trying to deep attack on Offense really exposed the fact that the Panthers have a god awful secondary.  The Panthers need a spark that isn't currently in Charlotte.

2 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

I think the Bengals gave Marvin every single chance to do it in Cincinnati, but it's just over now.  He's been there too long and for a Defensive genius, his D was shit.

It's a divorce that's overdue, but lets take a moment to appreciate an extremely impressive feat.  Hue Jackson has driven more than one AFC North team straight into the basement.

The game has passed him by.  He's gone and should have been years ago.  They, like all of the others, will be looking for the next young hotshot offensive mind to go along with whatever QB they bring in.

Tomlin is in the same realm as McCarthy, but the Steelers weren't completely allergic to keeping good players like GB.  He's been there too long.

The Steelers have had what, like 3 head coaches since the early 70s.  Agree.  It's time to bring in the 4th.

While you could argue Jax needs to clean house, and I really won't argue against it, I don't think it's going to happen.  Shad Khan will give them a chance to correct the wreck and I think Coughlin knows exactly the spot Marrone is in.  They better have one REALLY good plan to flip it around though.

Like a new QB.

McDermott should be shot directly into the sun for continuing to start Peterman, who did nothing but suck and lose games.  But its Buffalo and they will worship him forever for a lameass WC berth.

Haha.  Beane finally had to release him to keep McDernott from trotting him out there.

Quinn should of been fired after the SB collapse.  If I owned that team, I would have done it the next day.  Was totally inexplicable.

I don't know what has happened to them and if it is entirely Quinn's fault.  Bringing Sarkisian in probably was his dumbest move. But, yeah, they need new direction.

Rivera isn't quite Jeff Fisher.  The idea of turning Cam Newton into an Air Coryell passer was certainly strange, and trying to deep attack on Offense really exposed the fact that the Panthers have a god awful secondary.  The Panthers need a spark that isn't currently in Charlotte.

Newton is far from his MVP year.  Ron is probably done, but I think he is a decent coach.  Gettlemen kind of screwed him, letting Norman walk, and not drafting for shit.

Archived