Why some of us are so negative...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

What? I do not see anyone here cheering for bad things to happen to KC. All Chief fans.

It’s a false narrative that is used to implicate posters like me who react in a knee-jerk and sometimes negative manner in the GDT.  It’s ridiculous and nobody mentions the many positive comments I make on this board because that would offer balance to the argument.  I’ve been a Chiefs fan for 25 years out my 40; anyone who thinks I’m cheering for bad things to happen to this team is comically wrong and flat-out misguided in their observations.  

3 hours ago, Legend of AC said:

It’s a false narrative that is used to implicate posters like me who react in a knee-jerk and sometimes negative manner in the GDT.  It’s ridiculous and nobody mentions the many positive comments I make on this board because that would offer balance to the argument.  I’ve been a Chiefs fan for 25 years out my 40; anyone who thinks I’m cheering for bad things to happen to this team is comically wrong and flat-out misguided in their observations.  

Well you take pessimism to the next level. I know you care or I wouldnt have been talking football with you for this many years. And getting to know you personally on Scout, I know you arent negative like this in your everyday life.

But Ill be honest, you seem like watching a game with you would be a miserable experience. We'd be up 28-7 and fumble the ball and you'd say something like "well thats game, Chiefs just decided to give this one away." Lmao. You make me seem like an optimist.

The thread bitching about people bitching continues under the false narrative...some people are negative because.  Its an emotional action based violent game. Only 16 games vs 162 in baseball.  Lose 6 or 7 and your out. Lose one and fans have to live with it for a week. There are family fights over their teams. Football is about passion. Fantasy has changed fans approach. Like it or not , for the serious fans, arguing about your team, plays, coaching, trades, draft etc is what this is about. LOL  Its ok if I criticise my team but you dare not & dare not be negative...... Funny Stuff. I guess play by play announcers should do the same? No negatives. 

36 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

The thread bitching about people bitching continues under the false narrative...some people are negative because.  Its an emotional action based violent game. Only 16 games vs 162 in baseball.  Lose 6 or 7 and your out. Lose one and fans have to live with it for a week. There are family fights over their teams. Football is about passion. Fantasy has changed fans approach. Like it or not , for the serious fans, arguing about your team, plays, coaching, trades, draft etc is what this is about. LOL  Its ok if I criticise my team but you dare not & dare not be negative...... Funny Stuff. I guess play by play announcers should do the same? No negatives. 

I can have an opinion but yours sucks. Or my opinion is relevant and yours isn't. Those examples are similar to bitching about bitching. 

8 hours ago, Palangi said:

I don't know if this board has always been like this.  But there are a few who came from the scout site who have brought this behavior with them.  

LOL!  This board has always had it's homers & people who are the opposite. They're a lot who were on here who never came back after the site shut down for awhile. I was a pretty big homer, and still am to an extent. I just try to look at things from a realistic standpoint. 

The Chiefs have a elite QB finally, even more than what we all hoped for. The defense is suspect, as a whole, but the defensive line is decent. If they win out, I believe they can make it to the SB and win it, but they can still lose in the divisional round also. 

It's just really hard to get too emotionally wrapped up in it, because we have no control over it. 

If you go on other fan websites, including other Chiefs message boards, you will see they are negative toward their team also. This board, for the most part; leans toward the positive IMO. That's probably why I'm more comfortable here. 

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Well you take pessimism to the next level. I know you care or I wouldnt have been talking football with you for this many years. And getting to know you personally on Scout, I know you arent negative like this in your everyday life.

But Ill be honest, you seem like watching a game with you would be a miserable experience. We'd be up 28-7 and fumble the ball and you'd say something like "well thats game, Chiefs just decided to give this one away." Lmao. You make me seem like an optimist.

I’m actually very calm and channel all my erratic thoughts into the GDT.  It’s my outlet.

1 hour ago, qnet said:

LOL!  This board has always had it's homers & people who are the opposite. They're a lot who were on here who never came back after the site shut down for awhile. I was a pretty big homer, and still am to an extent. I just try to look a things from a realistic standpoint. 

The Chiefs have a elite QB finally, even more than what we all hoped for. The defense is suspect, as a whole, but the defensive line is decent. If they win out, I believe they can make it to the SB and win it, but they can still lose in the divisional round also. 

It's just really hard to get too emotionally wrapped up in it, because we have no control over it. 

If you go on other fan websites, including other Chiefs message boards, you will see they are negative toward their team also. This board, for the most part; leans toward the positive IMO. That's probably why I'm more comfortable here. 

Chiefs Planet is significantly worse than me or anyone else on this site.  That place is outta control in the GDT.

9 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Or if you are like me, you have had your heartbroken so many times you've learned that expecting disappointment makes it easier to digest when it inevitably happens. 

You'd have to be really able to compartmentalize things to sit here and get stoked about a good regular season and not have that feeling in the back of your mind somewhere that this is exactly what our Chiefs do. We play really good regular season football and fold up in the playoffs.

I was born in 1979. In my lifetime the Chiefs have a playoff record of 4-15 and a home playoff record of 2-6. They havent won a home playoff game since 1993. They are 0-6 in home playoff games since then.

So you can sit here and try and psychoanalyze people and put them into your made up categories, but there is one for people like me. Who hope for the best and expect the worst. You can only witness something so many times before you condition yourself to expect it to see it again 

Having said that I think Mahomes will change this narrative vey soon. I dont expect a playoff win this yr because our defense is absolutely putrid. But I do expect playoff wins to become a regular thing on this kids watch.

This sums up my frustrations pretty well  .... it’s like we invent ways to lose in the playoffs. I’ve been rooting for the Chiefs since 1984 & have gotten my SB hopes smashed in almost every way imaginable by the Chiefs.

Also, it is very frustrating to see the defense perform so miserably with no accountability for the DC.

All that being said: PM2 gives me hope.  I’ve never seen anything like him @ QB on our team.  Montana is the closest that comes to mind, but even he was at the tail end of his career when he came here. Barring a horrific injury, I believe we are in for a very special time watching PM2 kill it on the field.  We need to break the bank to retain him whenever his rookie contract is up.

For me I've been a fan since about I was 10 yrs old, 1990 chiefs vs Seattle DT's 7 sack game Is when I fell in love with him and kc. Born and raised in southern ca, raider country I just could never stand them. That being said I know no other chiefs fan personally, so this board and scout before are my release. As a chief fan I tend to be more like AntiCassel than chieffanforever (scout names). Im a die hard fan not a Homer like I'm paid by the Hunt family  ( Mitch Holthus, Bj Kissel).  With that I won't complain about any ones view, we are all here to share each others with fellow chief fans. 

I don't have huge expectations to win the Super Bowl this year because of the submarine with screen doors we call a defense but I'm very excited about the future with Mahomes. With a couple of new CBs and safeties and IILBs we'll run away with it next year. Having said that, if we win it this year I wouldn't be surprised.

Some people complain about their team all the time

Some people think their team can do no wrong.

Some people look at a win and say "Yeah, but....."

Some people look at a loss and say "We won everything but the......"

Then some peoples team sneaks out in the middle of the night, taking the colors, history, etc, with it and you watch other peoples teams for 12 years.

Why can't people be negative? Let's be honest here, we've had decades of failure and let down to fuel pessimism that can easily trump all the excitement we see with Mahomes. Plus, it's not negativity to point out truth such as our defense has sucked this last few years and pretty much sucks now. That's not being negative, that's reality.

Personally I'm excited for our team and future. When we had 3rd & 18, I had no doubt PM could convert because he thrives in pressure. However, I also recognize if a team dedicates themselves to running against our D, they can beat us and almost did.  That's not negative, that's called not being a homer and realizing we are more than PM, we are a team. Our weakest link can get us beat any given Sunday if PM ever does have a down day. 

You can bitch about people bitching, but I guarantee each one of you were nervous as hell as they gashed us for 8 yards a carry at will.  Guarantee every time the D takes the field your asshole squeezes tight and you pray they don't F us.  It is what is it...reality of our team. 

On 12/10/2018 at 1:57 PM, jetlord said:

We don't judge people by what they say or what they have so much as by what they do.  I certainly don't judge anyone by the success of the team they support.  The exception is KU fans.  Even the straight one are pretty much jerks. 

Bite your tongue.   I don't take victory laps

On 12/11/2018 at 1:22 PM, Biggjliv4 said:

Why can't people be negative? Let's be honest here, we've had decades of failure and let down to fuel pessimism that can easily trump all the excitement we see with Mahomes. Plus, it's not negativity to point out truth such as our defense has sucked this last few years and pretty much sucks now. That's not being negative, that's reality.

Personally I'm excited for our team and future. When we had 3rd & 18, I had no doubt PM could convert because he thrives in pressure. However, I also recognize if a team dedicates themselves to running against our D, they can beat us and almost did.  That's not negative, that's called not being a homer and realizing we are more than PM, we are a team. Our weakest link can get us beat any given Sunday if PM ever does have a down day. 

You can bitch about people bitching, but I guarantee each one of you were nervous as hell as they gashed us for 8 yards a carry at will.  Guarantee every time the D takes the field your asshole squeezes tight and you pray they don't F us.  It is what is it...reality of our team. 

Biggliv4: In light of last night's game, you were saying...

Oh, and our secondary is so stellar, now Fuller needs wrist surgery.  On to Seattle.

4 hours ago, SarcasticOne said:

Biggliv4: In light of last night's game, you were saying...

Oh, and our secondary is so stellar, now Fuller needs wrist surgery.  On to Seattle.

Reality is our D sucks balls and Sutton has to go. That's been a constant, but I still believe we have as good a chance as anyone to win against any team with our QB. There's not been a single game that we've not been competitive in and not had a chance to win. Lost 3 games by a total of 7 points, 2 of them on the road, and one of those games we committed 5 turnovers...we can win despite our defense. But Sutton has to go this year and banners need to fly. 

2 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Reality is our D sucks balls and Sutton has to go. That's been a constant, but I still believe we have as good a chance as anyone to win against any team with our QB. There's not been a single game that we've not been competitive in and not had a chance to win. Lost 3 games by a total of 7 points, 2 of them on the road, and one of those games we committed 5 turnovers...we can win despite our defense. But Sutton has to go this year and banners need to fly. 

I 100% agree about Sutton.  How many year's is Andy going to hang on to his buddy?

Last night during the game, they pointed out that, since the Chiefs won the Super Bowl, their record in the playoffs is 4-21.  The stat was only up there briefly, and my eyes are old so someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I can attest the word "Playoff" and "Chiefs" didn't go together from the early 70's until Marty came to town in the early 90's.  

59 minutes ago, SarcasticOne said:

I 100% agree about Sutton.  How many year's is Andy going to hang on to his buddy?

Last night during the game, they pointed out that, since the Chiefs won the Super Bowl, their record in the playoffs is 4-21.  The stat was only up there briefly, and my eyes are old so someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I can attest the word "Playoff" and "Chiefs" didn't go together from the early 70's until Marty came to town in the early 90's.  

0-6 at home since 1993. 25 years and many #1 seeds blown is all I care about. We just need to start winning playoff games. 

People are negative because losing socks. Getting knocked out of the playoffs is a kick in the balls.  Especially when you are all in and believe. So if given a choice, many will protect themselves . It's ok. Not saying my enthusiasm.  GoChiefs. This year starts. the Mahomes era. Might as well start it off right with a super bowl victory!

49 minutes ago, Docbarnabee said:

People are negative because losing socks. Getting knocked out of the playoffs is a kick in the balls.  Especially when you are all in and believe. So if given a choice, many will protect themselves . It's ok. Not saying my enthusiasm.  GoChiefs. This year starts. the Mahomes era. Might as well start it off right with a super bowl victory!

DocBarnabee. Long time brother. Good to have you back on the board. 

Archived