Ravens pressured Mahomes most in the past 10 yrs

374 yards and only 1 INT. Just amazing how advanced our QB is for being 14 games into his career. And Andy is adamant he's still a few years from really getting it. If I'm in the AFC West, I'm going all in to find a franchise QB or else they know this division could be ours for most of the next decade. Right now none of the other teams are set at QB beyond the short term. 

I don’t know that I’d call what the ravens did a success.  We were two missed fgs away from being over 30 points again.  We did this with backups at half the offensive positions.  They did get pressure and make things more difficult than other teams have, but they still didn’t stop us. 

Ravens corners must be really underrated. You cannot get away with that many pressures and stacking 10 guys 5 yards from the line if they don’t jam all the WRs for a good couple of seconds.

I think our main problem most of the second half was the really long drive they had in the 3rd. The offense was off the field a lot. Game reminded me too much of a college option offense. Their only hope is to keep it close and have long drives. It wasn’t sustainable and if not for Butker’s missed FG and the awful punt coverage we win easily.

26 minutes ago, moons314 said:

I don’t know that I’d call what the ravens did a success.  We were two missed fgs away from being over 30 points again.  We did this with backups at half the offensive positions.  They did get pressure and make things more difficult than other teams have, but they still didn’t stop us. 

This is exactly what they are talking about on the radio right now. We are really banged up on offense and still got the job done against a really good defense. We just aren't used to seeing the QB elevate the players around him around here. Give Andy a lot of credit too for coaxing 130 total yards from his backup running back who had barely had that all season. And two TDs from another guy who had barely had two touches all season. At some point this has to catch up to us though. Question is can we finish this thing off and get those players that need it some much needed rest before that happens. 

13 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Ravens corners must be really underrated. You cannot get away with that many pressures and stacking 10 guys 5 yards from the line if they don’t jam all the WRs for a good couple of seconds.

I think our main problem most of the second half was the really long drive they had in the 3rd. The offense was off the field a lot. Game reminded me too much of a college option offense. Their only hope is to keep it close and have long drives. It wasn’t sustainable and if not for Butker’s missed FG and the awful punt coverage we win easily.

I guarantee Dave Toub is not happy at all about the special teams play and I'll bet we see that unit really rev up its play on Thursday night. 

25 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I guarantee Dave Toub is not happy at all about the special teams play and I'll bet we see that unit really rev up its play on Thursday night. 

Special teams was bad.  Snaps on the 3s weren’t good and coverage was even worse.  Even with that we still won. 

Yesterdays game reminded me of the chiefs of the 90s, except it was Baltimore doing the impersonation. Run the ball, win special teams, keep it close and hope you can pull it out at the end.  That will win a lot of games, but against teams with superior qb play a single turnover dooms you. Baltimore should make the playoffs but they are dead in the water in January. We know too well the postseason agony of shit qb play

15 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Special teams was bad.  Snaps on the 3s weren’t good and coverage was even worse.  Even with that we still won. 

Yesterdays game reminded me of the chiefs of the 90s, except it was Baltimore doing the impersonation. Run the ball, win special teams, keep it close and hope you can pull it out at the end.  That will win a lot of games, but against teams with superior qb play a single turnover dooms you. Baltimore should make the playoffs but they are dead in the water in January. We know too well the postseason agony of shit qb play

No Flacco miracle run then?

55 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Will he even be back?  If so, what kind of condition will he be in?  He's been pretty average since their Super Bowl run.  

Seems like on the broadcast they said he was just about back. Supposed to be active against Tampa. Whether he plays, who knows. I’d be much more worried about Flacco come playoff time than Jackson.

4 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I would not bring Flacco back this year. This kid has a different dimension that forces you to shadow him or he will hang a 100 on you running. It is not a recipe for a long career, but right now he is a handful. I would ride that until he gets destroyed.

He wont last long. Maybe put some real pads on him and make him a receiver. 

17 hours ago, moons314 said:

Will he even be back?  If so, what kind of condition will he be in?  He's been pretty average since their Super Bowl run.  

Active this weekend

16 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

Seems like on the broadcast they said he was just about back. Supposed to be active against Tampa. Whether he plays, who knows. I’d be much more worried about Flacco come playoff time than Jackson.

I would be too

16 hours ago, DieHard said:

I would not bring Flacco back this year. This kid has a different dimension that forces you to shadow him or he will hang a 100 on you running. It is not a recipe for a long career, but right now he is a handful. I would ride that until he gets destroyed.

Talk of the town right now- what too do with Joe and Lamar

15 hours ago, FANATIC said:

He wont last long. Maybe put some real pads on him and make him a receiver. 

Brass says he is a QB.

17 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Ravens D had an exceptional gameplan and really would have looked even better if Eric Weddle wasn't freelancing.

If I were the Ravens, I'd stick with the hot hand at QB but I am anticipating that unibrow will be starting again.

Huge point no one is talking about----around here he is just old and slow....used up....

Ed Reed intercepts 4th and 9.....just sayin

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

When is Flacco's contract up?

18 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Ravens D had an exceptional gameplan and really would have looked even better if Eric Weddle wasn't freelancing.

If I were the Ravens, I'd stick with the hot hand at QB but I am anticipating that unibrow will be starting again.

They can cut him post June 1 because there is no guaranteed money left after this year....

22 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

I thought Conley had a crappy 2nd half.  Couldn't get open fast enough and Tyreek doubleteamed.

4 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

They can cut him post June 1 because there is no guaranteed money left after this year....

But will they?  If it were me, I’d cut him and draft a qb. He’s not a bad qb, but he’s not worth another big contract either.  May as well let someone else pay him. 

12 hours ago, moons314 said:

But will they?  If it were me, I’d cut him and draft a qb. He’s not a bad qb, but he’s not worth another big contract either.  May as well let someone else pay him. 

With no cap hit I think they might try to ride Jackson for a while spending the money on some other position. Rookie QB deals are just too tempting to sit behind a questionable high priced veteran. 

18 hours ago, moons314 said:

5 hours ago, sith13 said:

With no cap hit I think they might try to ride Jackson for a while spending the money on some other position. Rookie QB deals are just too tempting to sit behind a questionable high priced veteran. 

So you draft another QB in 2019 after drafting the QB in the 1st round of the 2018 draft to replace the QB you drafted in the 1st rd 2008........

''BRILLIANT''

Archived