Thursday's weather?

on my NOAA page I'm only seeing KC get between 1/4 & 1/2 inch and thats an all day event..far removed from the cataclysmic forecasts of Gary Lezak on the radio

Edit Gary now sounds much more positive ..wet day, yes will it be chilly  yep but the field will be covered.. sounds good  

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

on my NOAA page I'm only seeing KC get between 1/4 & 1/2 inch and thats an all day event..far removed from the cataclysmic forecasts of Gary Lezak on the radio

Edit Gary now sounds much more positive ..wet day, yes will it be chilly  yep but the field will be covered.. sounds good  

I’m a weather geek of sorts and this whole thing in typical K.C. fashion comes down to about a 60-90 mile wobble in storm track between heavy rain and wind during game and only light drizzle (which it trended toward today).  Tailgate looks pretty miserable but I’ll have booze.  😂 

17 hours ago, wilkie said:

Drizzle and rain advantage goes to the O....the running game

Not so sure about that, one of the most often mentioned cliches is "The receivers know where they are going, the defenders do not on a slippery field " 

5 minutes ago, Evad said:

Not so sure about that, one of the most often mentioned cliches is "The receivers know where they are going, the defenders do not on a slippery field " 

With Watkins out and Tyreek clearly not 100 percent, that probably does give some advantage to the Chargers. But while Rivers has shown himself very capable of playing in poor weather conditions, I do think his odd throwing motion and average arm strength can perhaps be impacted more than Mahomes by wind? He is completing almost 70 percent of his passes this year which means they do like to get the ball out quick on a lot of shorter passes though. 

1 hour ago, liquidfriend said:

He does?  News to me.

They are a little over .500 in games played between 20 and 45 degrees. He just beat Pittsburgh in bad weather. He's something like 5-1 when being forced to wear gloves due yo weather.

When's the last time Mahomes played in bad weather and won?

Not saying the Chargers will win or the Rivers will flourish while Mahomes and the Chiefs stumble. I'm just saying the bad weather doesn't affect him like some would want to believe. 

2 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

He does?  News to me.

Rivers has won at Arrowhead in some very brisk conditions before and isn't bothered by having to wear gloves. But I do think a lot of wind would favor our QBs superior arm strength. Doubt rain really helps or hurts any QB more but might favor the more healthy  WR group. 

36 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

You can get mad, but cold =! bad

Bad is relative. It's whatever conditions bother you. Remember Joe Montana trying to wear gloves in that Pittsburgh playoff game. Manning was really hampered by wind especially later in his career. Some QBs with smaller hands have more trouble with wet ball than others. 

49 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Bad is relative. It's whatever conditions bother you. Remember Joe Montana trying to wear gloves in that Pittsburgh playoff game. Manning was really hampered by wind especially later in his career. Some QBs with smaller hands have more trouble with wet ball than others. 

It doesn't apply to a QB that has played plenty of December games in KC and Denver.

6 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

It doesn't apply to a QB that has played plenty of December games in KC and Denver.

That was the point here. Rivers has proven he can handle the elements as well as any other guy. As I said I remember at least one game that was really cold and windy and he beat us here. May have been Andy's first game against SD in KC...Can't remember that one for sure. 

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

That was the point here. Rivers has proven he can handle the elements as well as any other guy. As I said I remember at least one game that was really cold and windy and he beat us here. May have been Andy's first game against SD in KC...Can't remember that one for sure. 

Since 2008, In December games at Arrowhead, Rivers is 0-3 scoring 13, 3 and 7 points with 1 touchdown and 6 interceptions. 

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

Since 2008, In December games at Arrowhead, Rivers is 0-3 scoring 13, 3 and 7 points with 1 touchdown and 6 interceptions. 

It was in late November of Andy's first year here. Temp in the low 20s and Rivers threw for almost 400 yards against a Chiefs defense that was top 3 in the NFL. In contrast to that the Chargers were here last December and it was a beautiful evening with temps in the mid 50s.  Rivers threw three picks. 

2 minutes ago, AppalachianChief said:

Well the Doom and Gloom about the weather was a waste of time. Weather looks to be cold and dry!! One down, whats the next road block for our CHIEFS?

The next roadblock??

Tyreek Hill on a snap count???

I'm nervous about Hills health. If he is on a snap count, and can't go deep, or his speed is minimized, it' going to make things tough on offense. As everyone has already said multipe times on the forum, Conley and Robinson HAVE TO STEP THE FU$K UP..period.

Archived