Chiefs/Chargers Your Take

Should be a close game yet I think KC blows them out. No facts to support it. Both teams are very good. Both teams banged up. Just my gut feeling , assuming Hill plays. Sounds like he will. Spencer Ware has a big game. Mahomes is Mahomes. 4tds and 350 passing. Chiefs spread them out with the empty backfield. Mahomes has plenty of time to throw.

Chargers have not played a pressure game in forever. Cold Weather is not great for a west coast team. Rivers is a pick machine when it matters. Bosa is not 100%. Their RBS are banged up.

Chiefs 38  Chargers 20. 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very similar situation to last year.  SD looks hot, lots of people will be picking them.  We win and we take the division.  Last year it started out close but the Chargers gonna Charger and we won decisively.  I'm worried about this game but if we pull away again I wouldn't be surprised.

I think this is going to be another hard fought game just like the Raiders and Ravens games but the Chiefs will pull it out late in the game.  Rivers, even thought he is a good QB, does tend to choke up in pressure games and throw a pic or fumble late in the 4th quarter and give the Chiefs the win. 

12 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

It'll be frustrating as they run all over us and their receivers will be running around wide open but we'll win a shootout.

More fun to win or lose with an Elite QB. Your never out of the game. I was a big Marty guy. Defense first. No doubt losing 54-51 is better than 13-10. Im over it. 

Rivers has really been good at protecting ball this year but for whatever reason the Bob Sutton defenses seem to turn him into s turnover machine.  With a hobbled Hill and Ware plus no Watkins or Hunt we seem a bit undermanned to beat that crew.  But I’m banking on them being Rivers’d.  

Weather looks miserable as of now but I’m not sure that favors anyone. 

12 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Chargers win. We are banged up more and the Chargers finally figure out how to win thanks to this being a stupid Thursday game.

Not sure Chargers are not as banged up and KC has better depth. Most teams are one play from a key guy being out. I like Kc chances on a wet field in the cold.

The Associated Press' Joe Reedy considers Austin Ekeler (neck) "extremely doubtful" for Thursday night's Week 15 game against the Chiefs.

The L.A. Times' Jeff Miller adds Ekeler is "very stiff" on Monday and can barely move his head after aggravating his injury in Sunday's win over the Bengals. Melvin Gordon (knee) is said to be eyeing a Week 15 return, but who knows if that'll happen on a short week. If both sit, Justin Jackson would be the Chargers' lead dog in what figures to be a relatively high-scoring affair in K.C.

25 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I don’t expect Hill to play. I feel good about Ware and Wilkins, but losing Hill and Wtkins really effects this offense on Thursday. It could go either way. I think it is a very close game.

Coach Andy Reid said Monday he expects Tyreek Hill (heel) to play Thursdsay night against the Chargers.

This aligns with Adam Schefter's Monday report that Hill is merely "day to day," and his Week 14 heel injury is "nothing serious." Hill probably won't do much or anything in practice leading up to the game, but he should be out there. Hill has historically had Chargers top CB Casey Hayward's number.

Hard to think LAC would come in for their most important game and not play Gordon or Ekeler.  I'll bet at least one is out there.  Without them, the Chiefs line will tee off on pass rush and Rivers caves if sacked enough.  The Chiefs should win if they can get enough play makers healthy because of the Arrowhead advantage and the short week with a travel day for the Chargers.  Wish the Chiefs had a full week to get the O-line in sync without Erving. 

Archived