Chiefs/Chargers Your Take

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Hard to think LAC would come in for their most important game and not play Gordon or Ekeler.  I'll bet at least one is out there.  Without them, the Chiefs line will tee off on pass rush and Rivers caves if sacked enough.  The Chiefs should win if they can get enough play makers healthy because of the Arrowhead advantage and the short week with a travel day for the Chargers.  Wish the Chiefs had a full week to get the O-line in sync without Erving. 

Austin Ekeler (neck) is also in the league's concussion protocol.

Ekeler reported symptoms on Monday afternoon; this is all in addition to his aggravation of a previous neck injury that has left him unable to move his head much right now. Ekeler didn't practice Monday, obviously. He's an extreme long shot to play Thursday night against the Chiefs.

Melvin Gordon (knee) remained sidelined at Monday's practice.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said on Sunday that Gordon "could play" Thursday night in Week 15 against the Chiefs. One of us "could" also win the lottery. Gordon hasn't seemed particularly close to a return and is now on a short week. With Austin Ekeler (neck) also sidelined Monday, rookies Justin Jackson and Detrez Newsome are the Chargers' current healthy running backs.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tyreek Hill (heel, wrist) did not practice Monday.

Spencer Ware (shoulder, hamstring) also was sidelined Monday after both players were hurt Sunday against the Ravens. Ultimately, both are expected to play Thursday night against the Chargers, though Hill is less than 100 percent.

Spencer Ware - RB - Chiefs

Spencer Ware (shoulder, hamstring) did not practice Monday.

Ware was dinged up a couple times Sunday against the Ravens, missing a series here and there, but Ware was able to return to the game and pile up 129 total yards. Ware should be ready to roll Thursday night against the Bolts.

If Gordon and Ekeler are both out, besides last game the 3rd guy Justin Jackson looked pretty good for a 3rd guy. We just need pat to continue what he's been doing and the pass rushers get to rivers we win. Just please don't risk hill this game, we need him for the playoffs.

Jackson and Newsome vs. Williams and Williams.  What a RB match up.  My fear is that the Chiefs turn Jackson into the latest break out game RB.  It will be interesting to see if the Chargers' RBs can pass block Jones, Houston, and Ford.  For the Chiefs, is respect for the Ingram/Bosa rush, it's possible the the Williams guys will see more reception opportunities than rushes.  Just hate to depend on them if the Chiefs have a two point lead with four minutes on the clock.

11 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Latest weather 37 degrees and raining all afternoon and during the game. Rain not light showers. I think this makes this game a coin flip. Bounces, drops and turnovers and less crowd noise? Whay say you? Move the game to Friday? 

you been reading some of these newbies posts to much..NFL does not move games especially nationally televised games because of wet weather.. in a word Lunacy !.. now  KC gets bad ICE? maybe

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

you been reading some of these newbies posts to much..NFL does not move games especially nationally televised games because of wet weather.. in a word Lunacy !.. now  KC gets bad ICE? maybe

Depends on how greedy the NFL is.. Remember how that Playoff game was moved to prime time against the Steelers? 

3 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Yes I am aware they dont move games. Does not mean they should not. Player injuries and expensive tickets not to mention changes home field advantage. Maybe they should under extreme bad weather. 

44 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

Depends on how greedy the NFL is.. Remember how that Playoff game was moved to prime time against the Steelers? 

Playoffs are one thing, regular season another. If these guys can't play in bad weather put the college kids from the mountains out their. They play in subzero snow storms.

The NFL plays in rain, not lightning. Is someone implying that fans only show when its nice outside? If so, get rid of those wine and cheese crowd a bring in beer and brats fans.

16 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Playoffs are one thing, regular season another. If these guys can't play in bad weather put the college kids from the mountains out their. They play in subzero snow storms.

The NFL plays in rain, not lightning. Is someone implying that fans only show when its nice outside? If so, get rid of those wine and cheese crowd a bring in beer and brats fans.

the tickets are out of the Beer and Brauts price range anymore

I’m seeing conspiracies lately that seem to be putting the Chiefs in positions to fail or be hindered in their pursuit. I’m probably wrong.

But it’s been a weird year. 

Take the Rams game for example. 

The venue change to a home field advantage game for the Rams and the special referee crew that flagged the Chiefs 8 times for over a hundred yds in the first quarter of that game putting the Chiefs in a 13 to nothing hole in furtherance of selling football to a town that cares less about football. 

And the Kareem Hunt fiasco. 

2 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

I’m seeing conspiracies lately that seem to be putting the Chiefs in positions to fail or be hindered in their pursuit. I’m probably wrong.

But it’s been a weird year. 

Take the Rams game for example. 

The venue change to a home field advantage game for the Rams and the special referee crew that flagged the Chiefs 8 times for over a hundred yds in the first quarter of that game putting the Chiefs in a 13 to nothing hole in furtherance of selling football to a town that cares less about football. 

And the Kareem Hunt fiasco. 

It was technically a "home game" for the Rams anyway.  The NFL may have mishandled that situation by not making sure the field was ready earlier, but the end result wasn't particularly unfair to the Chiefs and isn't evidence of a conspiracy.

The refereeing was not good in that game, but that happens all the time and is also not evidence of a conspiracy.

Kareem Hunt did that to himself.  The timing sucks for us but if anything that was the result of the NFL trying to ignore it, not trying to screw us.

Just now, Adamixoye said:

It was technically a "home game" for the Rams anyway.  The NFL may have mishandled that situation by not making sure the field was ready earlier, but the end result wasn't particularly unfair to the Chiefs and isn't evidence of a conspiracy.

The refereeing was not good in that game, but that happens all the time and is also not evidence of a conspiracy.

Kareem Hunt did that to himself.  The timing sucks for us but if anything that was the result of the NFL trying to ignore it, not trying to screw us.

Yeah, good points. 

I’m just a desperate Chiefs fan who sees this year as the best hope since 1993 to win it all.

37 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Only argument I have is the refs. Yes they have sucked all year but to pull together a special group, why? They called a ton of penalties and it wasn't until after the half they put their whistles away, did the NFL offices call them and tell them to cool their jets?

No matter what anyone says, yes an official can change the outcome of a game. Holding call on a 2pt conversion at the end of a game that is rarely called. A push off in the endzone to negate a go ahead TD, again rarely called on Gonzo. An in the grasp that negates a strip sack in the playoffs. A Tuck rule again rarely ever called. The list goes on and on. The NFL can manipulate games the way they want. Doesn't mean they do 😉 but they can.

Regarding the field, yes the NFL should have managed this better and yes it was a home game for the Rams.

Regarding Hunt, I'm on the fence. Yes he brought this on himself and deserved what he got, but this is something that the Chiefs and the NFL by their own admission knew about before the season started. Why wait until the end of the year to do anything about it? Why did the NFL tell the Chiefs to stop investigating the allegations? Some say the video came out and provided evidence to act on.

I don't know the answer but again when you're an organization as big, rich and powerful as the NFL you can manipulate the agenda/season the way you want.

People believe the shooter on the grassy knoll theory. Moon landing being faked. Aliens at area 51. 9/11 (and Pearl Harbor for that matter) was orchestrated by our own country. But can't believe the NFL is or can be rigged.

10 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Only argument I have is the refs. Yes they have sucked all year but to pull together a special group, why? They called a ton of penalties and it wasn't until after the half they put their whistles away, did the NFL offices call them and tell them to cool their jets?

No matter what anyone says, yes an official can change the outcome of a game. Holding call on a 2pt conversion at the end of a game that is rarely called. A push off in the endzone to negate a go ahead TD, again rarely called on Gonzo. An in the grasp that negates a strip sack in the playoffs. A Tuck rule again rarely ever called. The list goes on and on. The NFL can manipulate games the way they want. Doesn't mean they do 😉 but they can.

Regarding the field, yes the NFL should have managed this better and yes it was a home game for the Rams.

Regarding Hunt, I'm on the fence. Yes he brought this on himself and deserved what he got, but this is something that the Chiefs and the NFL by their own admission knew about before the season started. Why wait until the end of the year to do anything about it? Why did the NFL tell the Chiefs to stop investigating the allegations? Some say the video came out and provided evidence to act on.

I don't know the answer but again when you're an organization as big, rich and powerful as the NFL you can manipulate the agenda/season the way you want.

People believe the shooter on the grassy knoll theory. Moon landing being faked. Aliens at area 51. 9/11 (and Pearl Harbor for that matter) was orchestrated by our own country. But can't believe the NFL is or can be rigged.

My response would be summed up in the saying (my paraphrase):  do not attribute to malice that which can be readily explained by incompetence.

The NFL routinely shoots itself in the foot with all sorts of PR disasters, yet we believe they are this all-powerful organization who manipulates the results of games and can get access to anything (like a hotel video featuring Kareem Hunt) through extra-legal means?  We really have to pick one or the other.

Furthermore, I would say that to whatever extent you believe that the NFL "rigs" things for the stars like Brady and Rodgers (I don't believe it, but whatever), we're on the doorstep of getting that preferential treatment with Mahomes...

This is going to be a big game and make a statement with EB maybe playing, this will pump up the D knowing EB is in the backfield and you have to know that Patrick is playing catch with his new receiver in KB.  Arrowhead will be rocking take the collars off our pass rushers and let them make cry me a Rivers uncomfortable!!!

6 minutes ago, Pitbulljim said:

This is going to be a big game and make a statement with EB maybe playing, this will pump up the D knowing EB is in the backfield and you have to know that Patrick is playing catch with his new receiver in KB.  Arrowhead will be rocking take the collars off our pass rushers and let them make cry me a Rivers uncomfortable!!!

Hope the Kingdom Shows up in Bad Weather!

If the shoe was on the other foot, Chargers top two RB injured, I would not want the Chiefs to chance it. The Chargers have an outside chance of winning the West and 1st round bye.

They have to win two of their last three games with one of them being against the Chiefs. At the same time the Chiefs would have to lose two of their last three games with one of them being against the Chargers.

Doable, sure it is especially since the Chiefs have to go on the road to Seattle but the Chargers have to play Baltimore and go on the road to Denver. Probable, depends on whether your willing to put it all on the line with the possibility that one or both of your primary backs aren't available for the playoffs for one game.

The Chargers would have to fail completely on their face not to make the playoffs. Win one more game and they are in. Which is an easier task? Short week go to KC, whose already beaten you at your house, using banged up RBs. Host Baltimore with healthy or at least healthier RBs. Go to Denver, whose already beaten you at your house, with healthy or at least healthier RBs.

Again if it was the Chiefs, I would come out and play hard obviously but wouldn't bet the farm on Thursdays game. But then again I am not, nor have I ever been or ever will be a head coach in the NFL.

Archived