Chiefs/Chargers Your Take

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

I think home on a short week, cold, and rainy heavily favor us. Injuries are a downer, but I think Pat can make average guys look good when needed. I think we win by 10 and Keenan gets hurt because it seems to be his trend playing us. 

Hope Kc doubles Allen.

I think this game points to the chiefs in just about every way:

1.Home Thursday game (Home teams 12-2 this year)

2. Cold and Rainy, not San Diego Weather

3. 9 consecutive wings against the chargers

4.  According to the Chargers coach himself, its not looking good for Gordon or Ekeler

5.  Tyreek Practiced today

6.  Berry Practiced today

7.  PATRICK FREAKING MAHOMES

I think I'm done...chiefs win by at least two touchdowns...they know how important this is. 

2 hours ago, WichitaZRide said:

I think this game points to the chiefs in just about every way:

1.Home Thursday game (Home teams 12-2 this year)

2. Cold and Rainy, not San Diego Weather

3. 9 consecutive wings against the chargers

4.  According to the Chargers coach himself, its not looking good for Gordon or Ekeler

5.  Tyreek Practiced today

6.  Berry Practiced today

7.  PATRICK FREAKING MAHOMES

I think I'm done...chiefs win by at least two touchdowns...they know how important this is. 

Gordon practiced today for the Chargers.  Limited practice, but looks like he plans to play.

Tyreek Hill was limited practice which is very encouraging.

With Patrick Mahomes no game is out of reach no matter the deficit no matter the pressure being applied by a number one defense no matter the tiny window to squeeze the pass in.. no matter conspiracies. 

The Chiefs are on a mission and he’s the magician. 

ESPN story is calling this the game of the year in the AFC.  How many of these have we already played this year.  Wow did one player change the national perception of this franchise fast!

Better get used to prime time because I’m sure we will get the max games again next year. 

11 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

ESPN story is calling this the game of the year in the AFC.  How many of these have we already played this year.  Wow did one player change the national perception of this franchise fast!

Better get used to prime time because I’m sure we will get the max games again next year. 

As well we should.  Mahomes is unbelievable and I can’t believe he’s a Chief.  I guess we were long overdue for a franchise-altering QB.

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

1 hour ago, Legend of AC said:

As well we should.  Mahomes is unbelievable and I can’t believe he’s a Chief.  I guess we were long overdue for a franchise-altering QB.

It's certainly nice. This has been a really fun year, one of the funnest I can remember in a long time.  

And I think the Chiefs will beat the Chargers.

3rd prime time we are playing as "game of the year" and I think this is the one we finally win. Mahomes has a major edge over Rivers with his arm strength which is critical in bad weather, as long as we can make up for the injuries I think we'll be fine. I expect Williams to get a bigger load this week as Ware definitely needs a change of pace guy. WRs are worrisome but both Conley and Benjamin should be great blockers which will give Ware some boost.

Just read an amazing stat that since the beginning of last season the Chargers have turned the ball over less than any team in football. 25 turnovers in the last 29 games. But 9 (over a third) of those turnovers have come against the Chiefs in three games. We do something to rattle Rivers and finding a way to continue that with our hobbled offense of sorts seems crucial. 

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:34 AM, Adamixoye said:

It was technically a "home game" for the Rams anyway.  The NFL may have mishandled that situation by not making sure the field was ready earlier, but the end result wasn't particularly unfair to the Chiefs and isn't evidence of a conspiracy.

The refereeing was not good in that game, but that happens all the time and is also not evidence of a conspiracy.

Kareem Hunt did that to himself.  The timing sucks for us but if anything that was the result of the NFL trying to ignore it, not trying to screw us.

I don't agree about the "technically a home game for the Rams" stuff at all.  I live in Arizona and was able to drop all plans and head to LA for the game BUT most die hard fans or people that would of planned a trip months in advanced to attend the game as Chiefs fans were not!  You can read tons of articles were all year long Rams home games have been pretty equal in visiting team fans.  This game was not even close and is was a MAJOR MAJOR advantage for the Rams.  Rams were even giving free tickets out to fans because of the last min location switch!!  I'd guess it was by far the largest crowd of the year and the most Rams fans by far.

So YES technically is was a Rams home game BUT not the same as a Home game that has been on the schedule for months that allows a higher percentage of visiting(Chiefs) Fans to make plans to attend! 

3 minutes ago, Balto said:

I don't agree about the "technically a home game for the Rams" stuff at all.  I live in Arizona and was able to drop all plans and head to LA for the game BUT most die hard fans or people that would of planned a trip months in advanced to attend the game as Chiefs fans were not!  You can read tons of articles were all year long Rams home games have been pretty equal in visiting team fans.  This game was not even close and is was a MAJOR MAJOR advantage for the Rams.  Rams were even giving free tickets out to fans because of the last min location switch!!  I'd guess it was by far the largest crowd of the year and the most Rams fans by far.

So YES technically is was a Rams home game BUT not the same as a Home game that has been on the schedule for months that allows a higher percentage of visiting(Chiefs) Fans to make plans to attend! 

So the NFL made the home game for the Rams a neutral game then changed it back to a home game.  Hard to see how that's really all that unfair to us.

10 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

So the NFL made the home game for the Rams a neutral game then changed it back to a home game.  Hard to see how that's really all that unfair to us.

Saying if it was setup to be in LA the entire time there would of been a TON more Chiefs fans there vs having a unnormal amount of Rams fans there. 

Just now, Adamixoye said:

I understand what he's saying sorta.

There were probably a shit load of Chefs fans that had already bought airfare, made hotel reservations and bought tickets not to mention made arrangements to be away from home for longer than a night. Now the NFL changes the venue.

Some of those fans are SOL. The airlines will probably not reimburse them for those tickets just because the NFL changed the game. Some may give credit and some people may have bought the more expensive exchangeable tickets. However, to change for most is going to cost more due to late travel arrangements.

Hotels, who knows the rules for Mexico but in some hotels within the states cancellations must be done within a certain time frame. Hotels also tend to change their room rates at a drop of the hat based on supply and demand. So these fans are out extra money on hotels.

Yes this was a home game for the Rams, but with the dick dance on the NFL side how many Chiefs fans didn't go because of last minute change. More fans probably planned to go to Mexico for the game then actually showed in LA. However, if initially scheduled in LA these fans would have planned accordingly and would have been in LA.

Don't think it changes the outcome but still I sorta understand the complaints. 

Even though Mahomes is having an MVP type of year and the Chiefs have the best record in the AFC I am stunned at how many people in the media are on the Chargers bandwagon. They love Philip Rivers and Joey Bosa. Forget the fact Thursday night heavily favors the home team. Forget that the Chargers likely are starting their 3rd string running back. Forget the fact the Chargers have lost 9 in a row or that Rivers TD to INT ratio against KC is pathetic. Forget that Andy Reid owns this division. None of that matters because by golly (pick an analyst) "I picked the Chargers to win the division at the beginning of the year and if they lose this game that won't happen so GO CHARGERS!"

I hope the Chiefs absolutely pour on them early and cruise to the double digit win. Just like they did in week 1.

Archived