Chiefs/Chargers Your Take

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 hours ago, the Warparty said:

Chiefs 34 LAC 29

home team on a thurs, and a 7, or is it 8,  game dominance streak are very strong trends for the good guys!

I think our last loss was with Chase starting and a team full of nothing but backups against a Chargers team playing for their playoff hopes. Still they only won with a terrible call by the refs.

I would feel a lot better if Watkins and Ware were playing. Plus, Hill will probably be a little gimpy,  so his speed may not be the factor that it always is. Kelce will get the double team and we could in fact have trouble moving the ball.

I really think we are going to have to lean on the defense this game.  Do we really want to take a chance with Hill running around on a gimpy foot/leg on a bad weather night????

I wish Conley and/or Robinson could step up and play big, but I think we've seen the best out those two....And it's not game changing.

However, I got a weird feeling that we may witness the birth of our new RB for the next 2-3 yrs. in Darrel Williams. I feel like this will be his coming out party...

12 minutes ago, artsy said:

However, I got a weird feeling that we may witness the birth of our new RB for the next 2-3 yrs. in Darrel Williams. I feel like this will be his coming out party...

I want to believe this, but if he's barely seen the field before now it's a stretch to think he is ready to come out and make a name for himself.

15 minutes ago, artsy said:

I would feel a lot better if Watkins and Ware were playing. Plus, Hill will probably be a little gimpy,  so his speed may not be the factor that it always is. Kelce will get the double team and we could in fact have trouble moving the ball.

I really think we are going to have to lean on the defense this game.  Do we really want to take a chance with Hill running around on a gimpy foot/leg on a bad weather night????

I wish Conley and/or Robinson could step up and play big, but I think we've seen the best out those two....And it's not game changing.

Robinson may not be smart. He plays DUMB.

Just now, Adamixoye said:

I want to believe this, but if he's barely seen the field before now it's a stretch to think he is ready to come out and make a name for himself.

Well, normally I would agree with you, but we all know how the chiefs are with rookies. They just refuse to play them no matter how good they seem to be...I.e Ron Parker and Armani Watts, Eric Murray and Jordan Lucas...etc.

6 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Robinson may not be smart. He plays DUMB.

Yes! You are exactly right about Robinson. I don't know if he's dumb, or just not taking his craft seriously. He's been here what, 3 yrs. He should know the system right?

Whatever the case, they brought in Benjamin, who is washed up, but does have some experience as a number 1 WR. If he's willing to block, I think Andy may slide him inside and outside  as a blocker/Pass Catcher/TE type. That would be deadly..

12 minutes ago, artsy said:

Well, normally I would agree with you, but we all know how the chiefs are with rookies. They just refuse to play them no matter how good they seem to be...I.e Ron Parker and Armani Watts, Eric Murray and Jordan Lucas...etc.

Kareem Hunt, Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce, Mitch Morse.  We play offensive players.  For RBs the key is you better prove you can handle protections. 

10 minutes ago, artsy said:

Yes! You are exactly right about Robinson. I don't know if he's dumb, or just not taking his craft seriously. He's been here what, 3 yrs. He should know the system right?

Whatever the case, they brought in Benjamin, who is washed up, but does have some experience as a number 1 WR. If he's willing to block, I think Andy may slide him inside and outside  as a blocker/Pass Catcher/TE type. That would be deadly..

Im not sure Benjamin is washed up. Buffalo Sucks. Maybe he is like Cooper? Better system better results. Only 4 years in the league.

Just now, FANATIC said:

Im not sure Benjamin is washed up. Buffalo Sucks. Maybe he is like Cooper? Better system better results. Only 4 years in the league.

I hope you're right. If Reid/Veech signed him, you have to think they saw something in him. So maybe he comes in and helps out. I'm hopeful..

I think with Benjamin he has a chance. It doesn't sound good if you listen to Bill's fans and panther fans, as you hear bad attitude and lazy on and off the field.  So it sounds like definitely that has to change. Him being Released and not picked up on waivers might click he is close to being out of football.

Not to make excuses for him but the Bill's qb are pretty bad peterman as bad as you can get. Allen right now is better at running than passing. His best year was with cam who also is more of a  running qb than a pure passer. Pat will easily be the best qb he has ever played with in my mind.

3 minutes ago, Troyofoc said:

I think with Benjamin he has a chance. It doesn't sound good if you listen to Bill's fans and panther fans, as you hear bad attitude and lazy on and off the field.  So it sounds like definitely that has to change. Him being Released and not picked up on waivers might click he is close to being out of football.

Not to make excuses for him but the Bill's qb are pretty bad peterman as bad as you can get. Allen right now is better at running than passing. His best year was with cam who also is more of a  running qb than a pure passer. Pat will easily be the best qb he has ever played with in my mind.

Maybe teams passed on waiver claim to save money/cap room &  hoping to sign him for less once he was a free agent?

22 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Maybe teams passed on waiver claim to save money/cap room &  hoping to sign him for less once he was a free agent?

This is exactly right. Had we claimed Benjamin off waivers his prorated CAP hit this year would have been 2.1 million for a month long rental.  As a street free agent we got him for 5 year veteran minimum prorated.  Which is a total of around $175,000. So over ten times more to claim off waivers. Simply no real risk to signing him even if he’s a complete dud.  

1 minute ago, Mloe68 said:

This is exactly right. Had we claimed Benjamin off waivers his prorated CAP hit this year would have been 2.1 million for a month long rental.  As a street free agent we got him for 5 year veteran minimum prorated.  Which is a total of around $175,000. So over ten times more to claim off waivers. Simply no real risk to signing him even if he’s a complete dud.  

He may have had better short term offers from other teams but chose KC based on chance to showcase himself primetime & in playoffs? 

7 hours ago, artsy said:

I hope so.

The more I think about this game, the angrier I get at K. Hunt for screwing this organization over...This is a game where we could definitely use his skill-set.

Damn dumbass..

I'm right there with you my friend. 

Archived