Ware Doubtful & Watkins Out vs LAC

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Running game will take a slight hit, but reserves will be serviceable.  It's all about Mahomes - Ware or no Ware.  Watkins is not a surprise, but I think the trio of Conley, Robinson and probably a Benjamin sighting will be enough to capitalize if Hill and/or Kelce are doubled.  Chargers are likely going with their third back as well.  I'm guessing a shoot-out in range of 35-45 points scored per team area.  I still like the Chief's chances.  Short week is always tough on the travel team and Arrowhead will be rocking.  Would a loss surprise me? No, but I think Mahomes and Co. make it 10 in a row against the Chargers.

5 minutes ago, jetlord said:

The O-line is a bigger worry than Ware.  Ware and Williams is better than Williams, Williams, and West, but the drop off is less than a few Bossa hits on Mahomes.

I think Bosa vs Schwartz is a great match-up. Chiefs defense will need to win this game. I see KC with less that 20 points without defense turnovers for scores and field position. Its Mahomes throwing to one guy , Robinson, that is offsides twice during a critical drive,  & Conley who does not get open. Dont see a run game with the Williams Brothers. Chiefs are going to need some BIG BREAKS to WIN THIS.

Missing both starting guards and a good pass blocker in Ware is a blow for sure. Seems like Andy was starting to figure out his committee approach so hopefully this is a one game glitch. Tyreek limping and Watkins missing doesn't help either. Big time gut check time. It does seem anyway all of these guys could be back for the playoffs so we just gotta figure out a way to get it done. 

21 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

NFL.....A BS Publicity League. Thursday Night Games are Evil. Too short a time for teams to keep their players " SAFE" and recover from injuries.

In a league that has been preaching player safety 2 games in 5 days sure is a hypocrisy. I wouldn't mind limiting Thursday games to teams coming off a bye if both are doing so, otherwise screw them.  

2 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Gordon is traveling with the LAC and is questionable. Hearing in So Cal he will play. So its KC with a limping second string offense and a pathetic defense against LAC.

Can Mahomes be the featured runner too? This could be ugly.

Gordon was also unlikely to play and Ekeler is out. He definitely hurt us in the first game so it'll be 3rd string RBs for both teams but if Gordon shows up it won't be easy for us. 

2 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Gordon was also unlikely to play and Ekeler is out. He definitely hurt us in the first game so it'll be 3rd string RBs for both teams but if Gordon shows up it won't be easy for us. 

San Diego has a fantastic set of 3-4 receivers and that senior citizen tight end that always hurts KC. KC now one dimensional. Who is available to run the jet sweeps? A Hurting Hill?  SD can play pass and bring the troops.

10 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Gordon is traveling with the LAC and is questionable. Hearing in So Cal he will play. So its KC with a limping second string offense and a pathetic defense against LAC.

Can Mahomes be the featured runner too? This could be ugly.

I agree the players losses don't add up for us to feel good about this. But we do have one gigantic thing in our favor... Andy Reid over Anthony Lynn..You just don't win 9 in a row against a future HOF QB without being completely outcoached. 

I felt with Ware we could grind this game out and get some of those short yardage critical runs. The other guys are all the same. There is a reason nobody else wanted those guys. These are the type of RBs that are a dime a dozen. Not tough inside runners. Maybe we bring in Jones for short yardage? 

2 minutes ago, AppalachianChief said:

The Sky is falling!! The Sky is Falling!! The Sky is Falling!! I feel we will win the game but if we don't we got to win the last 2 games and still get what we need. The #1 Seed!!

Sorry more of a discussion than sky is falling. Some of us like to have a conversation. Plus....its the F-ing Chargers! 

Just now, FANATIC said:

Sorry more of a discussion than sky is falling. Some of us like to have a conversation.

Fanatic you are  worst if its not the defense is something else, now it the RB's next week it will be CB's. Give it a break. It's football, injuries is part of the game. I'm surprise someone is bringing out the ol' "Trap Game"!

Just now, AppalachianChief said:

Fanatic you are  worst if its not the defense is something else, now it the RB's next week it will be CB's. Give it a break. It's football, injuries is part of the game. I'm surprise someone is bringing out the ol' "Trap Game"!

do you even know what IS a trap game? .. you think 1 fan or 1 player or coach is overlooking this game?. 

2 minutes ago, AppalachianChief said:

Take a long  hike pal. If you do not want to discuss this fine. Some of us do.

Just now, AppalachianChief said:

Nah, I think I'll stay I been here a long time kinda like this board. Why don't you discuss something positive for a change. FIIRRREEERRRR BOB Sutton!! lol

Why dont you start your own cult?  I will ad you to ignore. Please ad me as well.

9 minutes ago, AppalachianChief said:

The Sky is falling!! The Sky is Falling!! The Sky is Falling!! I feel we will win the game but if we don't we got to win the last 2 games and still get what we need. The #1 Seed!!

Nah. We are just really banged up at the moment on the offensive side and are probably playing the AFCs second best team who are pretty healthy. Just the reality of the moment. Again the good news is most of our guys should be back in the next few weeks but in this one Andy's gonna have to dial up some different looks and things to try and help compensate for the short term losses. And of course we do have an elite QB to help that process out. 

Archived