Ware Doubtful & Watkins Out vs LAC

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For everyone reading this thread! I really didn't mean to offend FANATIC. Just get tired of all the Fucking gloom and doom every game and it's not just him. I'm one of the people on here that is overly optimistic and I know that but it doesn't offend me when someone calls me out on it like Oldtimer did. Shoe fits you got to Ware the sumbitch. No pun intended!

Just now, Mloe68 said:

Nah. We are just really banged up at the moment on the offensive side and are probably playing the AFCs second best team who are pretty healthy. Just the reality of the moment. Again the good news is most of our guys should be back in the next few weeks but in this one Andy's gonna have to dial up some different looks and things to try and help compensate for the short term losses. And of course we do have an elite QB to help that process out. 

Good point. Will be interesting to see what Reid comes up with? Maybe its better out prior to the game than during. Gives Reid and Mahomes a chance to plan ahead. Likely see a lot of passing by Mahomes?

13 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Good point. Will be interesting to see what Reid comes up with? Maybe its better out prior to the game than during. Gives Reid and Mahomes a chance to plan ahead. Likely see a lot of passing by Mahomes?

I don't know. Maybe some "jumbo" looks with Kelce, Benjamin and Harris all in tight formations or something odd like that.  Losing Hunt hurt but Ware is a very solid all around RB that Andy can run core offense around. Can the Williams boys and probably some West do the same? Can Robinson or Conley step up and get open? Can the backup guards hold up? Problem is we ask our offense to carry us and its really unlikely they can do that in current scenario. Defense will have to play its best game of the season. Special teams will need to create. And once again Mahomes will need to deliver clutch plays. It's defintely doable. But there's a bunch stacked against us tomorrow to make it more difficult. Such is life in the NFL.

i think chargers use derwin on kelce. kelce only had 1catch last time they played. 

so this leaves hill who will be double covered and then robison and benjamin in one on one match ups. those two guys have to win.

one thing i do like is our o line and mahomes dealt with a vicious heavy blitz team just 3 days ago. that experience will serve them well. i hope andy relies on the running game a little more to have manageable 3 rd downs and slow down the edge  rushers

5 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I don't know. Maybe some "jumbo" looks with Kelce, Benjamin and Harris all in tight formations or something odd like that.  Losing Hunt hurt but Ware is a very solid all around RB that Andy can run core offense around. Can the Williams boys and probably some West do the same? Can Robinson or Conley step up and get open? Can the backup guards hold up? Problem is we ask our offense to carry us and its really unlikely they can do that in current scenario. Defense will have to play its best game of the season. Special teams will need to create. And once again Mahomes will need to deliver clutch plays. It's defintely doable. But there's a bunch stacked against us tomorrow to make it more difficult. Such is life in the NFL.

Good Stuff: 

20 minutes ago, Marleydawg said:

If Conley is ever going to step up -- in a MEANINGFUL way -- tomorrow's the day.  He's had opportunities this year and hasn't been able to capitalize.  I'd love to see him make a mark, but we've been waiting 3 1/2 years for that.

When he gets the ball he does. And he doesn’t drop balls. He can’t throw it to himself.

39 minutes ago, Calichief said:

I’m over Watkins. And I am happy to see these Williams boys.

I agree Cali. Mahomes makes everybody around him better. Look what Brady did for Welker & Edelman. Conley pretty much catches everything near him these days and it'll be fun to see if Benjamin gets a few targets. Plus Hill & Kelce. The Williameseses will be good enough.

3 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Shit, Andy ought to just forfeit the game right now. The Chiefs have no chance. 

Andy believes he can scheme any WR open and he always seems to have a RB emerge from nearly any bleak looking scenario.  He also seemed to have a really confident aura about him at his presser.  No matter what happens I think he feels pretty good about things with this QB running his show.  

Just another test imo.   If this isn't the year for us and it might not be depending on injuries,  could Mahomes have had a better year of experience?   He's playing so well that he is literally seeing everything but the kitchen sink thrown at him.   That is only going to help the young man out down the road.   The other thing I worry about in this game is blitz pick ups.   I don't think the drop off from talent/production will be much.   Mahomes is elite and all elite qb make those around them better.   Another poster alluded to some 3 TE sets throwing Benjamin in there and I like that a lot.   Kelce, Harris and Benjamin on one side and Hill on the other.....I like those odds.   This game comes down to the Oline.  If they can give our guy time he is going to dissect this D.  Our D needs to continue to be aggressive and bring the heat.   I predict 35-28 Chiefs win on a 4th quarter game winning drive by Mahomes.    

If we want to be considered elite and be in that upper echelon over the next 5-10 years we have got to find a way to win games beat up and injury riddled.   Robinson and Conley are both talented and this game will be their opportunity.   Hope we get to see K Ben get worked into the offense as we start prepping for the playoffs as well a what either William can bring as the starter.  Sometimes guys just need a chance to shine.   Can't wait to see Berry back on the field too.  Hope he knocks some rust off and get up to speed faster than expected and definitely hope to see Rivers throwing some tantrums on the sidelines because Ford, Jones and Houston are knocking him on his butt all night long.

8 hours ago, jetlord said:

The O-line is a bigger worry than Ware.  Ware and Williams is better than Williams, Williams, and West, but the drop off is less than a few Bossa hits on Mahomes.

Rewatching the game Judon had his way with Schwartz. I think he'll have a bounce back game. O-Line wasn't very good. Mahomes just made play after play hiding their flaws.

10 hours ago, Marleydawg said:

If Conley is ever going to step up -- in a MEANINGFUL way -- tomorrow's the day.  He's had opportunities this year and hasn't been able to capitalize.  I'd love to see him make a mark, but we've been waiting 3 1/2 years for that.

Actually he showed some flashes this year. Hasn't been that consistent but good at times and bad at times. If he breaks out in this game it'll be a huge boost and with some confidence he can keep it going. 

20 hours ago, AppalachianChief said:

The Sky is falling!! The Sky is Falling!! The Sky is Falling!! I feel we will win the game but if we don't we got to win the last 2 games and still get what we need. The #1 Seed!!

It isn't about the sky falling.  Both our starting guards are out.  Our #1 RB (Hunt) at the start of the year is no more.  Our #2 (Ware) doesn't look like he'll be able to play.  Our #1 WR (Hill) is hobbled and our #2 (Watkins) is out.  That is a lot of talent to take out of the picture against a really good team. 

1 minute ago, SarcasticOne said:

It isn't about the sky falling.  Both our starting guards are out.  Our #1 RB (Hunt) at the start of the year is no more.  Our #2 (Ware) doesn't look like he'll be able to play.  Our #1 WR (Hill) is hobbled and our #2 (Watkins) is out.  That is a lot of talent to take out of the picture against a really good team. 

This^^^^^

That's a LOT to overcome. And too much to ask your 2nd yr QB to overcome. The KC Defense is gonna have to freaking MAN UP and play like they also get a paycheck.

Archived