Ware Doubtful & Watkins Out vs LAC

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, TomahawkChop said:

Running game will take a slight hit, but reserves will be serviceable.  It's all about Mahomes - Ware or no Ware.  Watkins is not a surprise, but I think the trio of Conley, Robinson and probably a Benjamin sighting will be enough to capitalize if Hill and/or Kelce are doubled.  Chargers are likely going with their third back as well.  I'm guessing a shoot-out in range of 35-45 points scored per team area.  I still like the Chief's chances.  Short week is always tough on the travel team and Arrowhead will be rocking.  Would a loss surprise me? No, but I think Mahomes and Co. make it 10 in a row against the Chargers.

Conley invisible last Sunday

2 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

We need Watkins in other words right, Wilk? 

Hard to say. Balt was really good on D last week. I am back to thinking Watkins was a waste of a huge amount of money. Next couple of games will give KC a better picture.

2 hours ago, wilkie said:

Conley invisible last Sunday

Different defenders and different defensive scheme.  The Chargers cannot do on defense what Baltimore was able to do.  Not saying Conley alone is the key, but the between Conley, Robinson, Harris and possibly Benjamin are going to have to catch 10-12 balls between them and move the chains when given the chance.  You're correct, thought... Conley might as well have stayed in street close Sunday.  

33 minutes ago, TomahawkChop said:

Different defenders and different defensive scheme.  The Chargers cannot do on defense what Baltimore was able to do.  Not saying Conley alone is the key, but the between Conley, Robinson, Harris and possibly Benjamin are going to have to catch 10-12 balls between them and move the chains when given the chance.  You're correct, thought... Conley might as well have stayed in street close Sunday.  

Maybe he was open but Mahomes did not have time or space to hit him. Sometimes Mahomes needs to take the small gain vs the chunk play. Tonight that may be part of Andys scheme.

40 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Maybe Deiter will get one tonight.  He was wide open a couple of times.  Once Mahomes overthrew him and the other was the no-look pass to Robinson will Deiter was uncovered on the right side.

Adam TeicherESPN Staff Writer 

Chiefs inactive players for tonight's game: RB Spencer Ware, WR Sammy Watkins, G Cam Erving, OL Kahlil McKenzie, TE Deon Yelder, WR Gehrig Dieter, LB Tanoh Kpassagnon.

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

Ware is the biggest hit this week. He doesn’t get much respect but the dude is big and strong and shifty and can catch the ball. He is no joke I my opinion. Better than most in thus league. 

I agree, and I hate he's out. I have always thought he was a solid player. 

Archived