Can you all please give me a list of NEEDS for this team in the draft.

D end to replace Bailey.

NT to solidify the 3-4 

CB #1

S opposite of Berry

WR #2 son they have a year tobleanr next year and play when Watkins is cut after next year.

TE#2, to get the X and Y ones with Kelce.

OLB to go in after Ford leaves next year after being tagged.

OL center and depth or competition at LG

We NEED:

FS : Watts got hurt so we dont know if he is the answer

CB: Nelson, Scandrick are both UFA.

ILB: Ragland looks worthless, and ODaniel hasnt shown that he can eliminate backs or TE in coverage. 

DE: Bailey is a UFA.

NT: Need an impact guy here. Nnadi looks like more of a rotational player.

RB: Need to figure out if we have an answer on the roster or need to draft someone. Ware, Damien Williams are UFA. 

TE2: Incompletrius is not the answer.

C: They resigned Reiter and he could start here.

And above all we need a new DC. If /when Werthers is fired we could have a whole different set of needs if we change scheme/front on defense.

We have 4 picks in the first 4 rounds and we have some money to get a big time FA or a couple upgrades on D.   

So we could get 5-6 key contributors to help next year and possibly another contributor with Watts.

S - Need a competent S to play next to Berry, regardless of Watts development.   We need 3 good safeties and Berry won't play forever so I think S will be one of our top draft picks.

2 -CB - With Nelson a FA and Scandrick on a one and done deal this could possibly be our first round pick.   I wouldn't mind drafting one and signing another veteran on a year deal.

ILB - Ragland looks like garbage and its hard to blame his play on the scheme when we whiffs on tackles and is too slow to cover.

DE - Bailey is gone and in all honesty they should have had either Speaks or KPass bulk up this year to possibly in house replace him.   

OLB - Speaks isn't the answer at OLB, possibly at DE and Kpass looks more like a 4-3 DE prospect.   

NT - Hard to put this at a top priority when we are in a 3-4 alignment so infrequently, but Nandi doesn't look like a stalwart NT at this point.   

OL - Center at the top of the list, possibly a LT prospect later in the draft.  Hopefully Wylie can beat out Erving and Mckenzie can continue to develop as well.  

WR - Continue to upgrade the corp because after we pay Tyreek we are going to need to start developing guys because Watkins is done after next year.

RB - Hopefully we can find a guy later in the draft again who can be a stud.

That is 10 needs, mainly on defense.    I think we could get by without the WR, OL and one of the CB if we resign Nelson.  

Draft

1.  CB

2. S

2. OC

3. OLB/DE

5.  OLB/DE

4 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

We NEED:

FS : Watts got hurt so we dont know if he is the answer

CB: Nelson, Scandrick are both UFA.

ILB: Ragland looks worthless, and ODaniel hasnt shown that he can eliminate backs or TE in coverage. 

DE: Bailey is a UFA.

NT: Need an impact guy here. Nnadi looks like more of a rotational player.

RB: Need to figure out if we have an answer on the roster or need to draft someone. Ware, Damien Williams are UFA. 

TE2: Incompletrius is not the answer.

😄 They resigned Reiter and he could start here.

And above all we need a new DC. If /when Werthers is fired we could have a whole different set of needs if we change scheme/front on defense.

Was going to say don't forget to replace Bob

1. CB.  Need someone to come in and start from day 1.  First round pick in draft.

2. ILB.  The Chiefs absolutely have to stop the run and Ragland isn't it. 

3. DT.  Replace Bailey.  If they come up with a stud NT, they could get by with Jones, Speaks, Kpass and Nnadi.  Not sure what will happen with X. Williams

4. S.  If the Chiefs think Berry can play 100% next year, then Watts, Lucas and new guy could turn that position around.  Is Thomas in the picture?

5. OL.  Morse is probably gone, so they need backup OG/C.  It would be good to get someone who can do both

6. RB.  Chiefs have been good at getting value there, except Knile, so I'd expect a third or fourth round pick.

7. OLB  With the cap going up 10-14 million next year, the Chiefs may keep Ford and Houston, but they got to find replacements soon

8. TE.  It would be good to find a complement to Kelce that can block AND catch the ball.

Imo

1. Inside linebacker - complete incompetence here other than hopeful odaniel can play

2. Every defensive back position- none of these corners are good enough to care about losing them in free agency or resigning. Our best defensive backs are berry and Lucas who don’t play.

3. Tight end - we need a competent #2 Harris is a mental midget and kelce isn’t getting younger

4. Young de to replace Allen bailey

i feel like we can plug and play free agents rbs, WRs, and o line and let Mahoney elevate those positions around him.

i legit think our draft should be something like one ilb, one tight end, and 5 defensive backs and hope two of the d backs pan out

1 minute ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Imo

1. Inside linebacker - complete incompetence here other than hopeful odaniel can play

2. Every defensive back position- none of these corners are good enough to care about losing them in free agency or resigning. Our best defensive backs are berry and Lucas who don’t play.

3. Tight end - we need a competent #2 Harris is a mental midget and kelce isn’t getting younger

4. Young de to replace Allen bailey

i feel like we can plug and play free agents rbs, WRs, and o line and let Mahoney elevate those positions around him.

i legit think our draft should be something like one ilb, one tight end, and 5 defensive backs and hope two of the d backs pan out

I would flip flop #1 & 2 but otherwise spot on

We need secondary and inside linebackers. We also need someone with an eye for defensive talent to help pick the players. Every fan could see the secondary needed help before training camp, but we decided to roll with it. Our big offseason signing has been a big disappointment. Veach gets one more offseason to get it right on defense; Clark has shown he is not as patient as his dad when it comes to his GM.

20 minutes ago, VIChiefsFan said:

We need secondary and inside linebackers. We also need someone with an eye for defensive talent to help pick the players. Every fan could see the secondary needed help before training camp, but we decided to roll with it. Our big offseason signing has been a big disappointment. Veach gets one more offseason to get it right on defense; Clark has shown he is not as patient as his dad when it comes to his GM.

Veach is in no danger.  His job is to get the offense right and make the defense good enough to compliment it.  We knew last offseason that the defense is going to take two full offseasons to fix since this past one was so concentrated on offense. 

I think we should be moving both Speaks and Kpass to DE right now. Let them rotate at times at OLB but rotate at DE mainly to see if either can play the position. IMO with the way things currently stand the needs in no particular order are:

• DE: Replace Bailey with a guy that can stop the run
  • CB: Only have 1 guy under contract for 2019 so need at least 2 picks as well as a FA pickup
  • Safety: We need someone across Berry. Lucas will be the #3 guy in the mix and hopefully Watts can build on after coming back.
  • OLB: We need a 4-3 OLB that can pass the rusher when needed. Enough of this useless edge rushers. 
  • TE: #2 guy in mid rounds may be?
  • ILB: Not sure if we have our replacement for Ragland on the roster but could use an upgrade regardless. 
  • NT: Not a draft need IMO as a free agent would be more useful with instant help. 

Obviously it all starts with a DC who can actually coach and I would get rid of some of the position coaches as well.

8 hours ago, hankstromboli said:

Alot of people are forgetting RB.

Sucks sucks sucks as we need D badly but one of those picks has to be a mid round pick on an upside rb 

Ware is not the answer

Eh.  They got some good work out of the Williams tandem.  I wouldn't spend a lot of resources on the position.

Here's how I have it all sorted out.

WR - I hated the Watkins signing because the dude is just a chronic injury.  I like the Offense when he's healthy, but good fucking luck keeping him on the field for an extended time.  Some good options with Hollywood and Parris Campbell

CB - This is by far the biggest hole on the team, but it's ranked at 2 because I think it's easier to fix the Offense back to 40+ per game than a competent Defense hitting the field.

The biggest knock I think you could give Veach would be fire sale'ing a probowl Corner, which you could reason, but you can't reason turning around and thinking you can field a good D with 3 slot corners.

FS - Sorensen sucks.

NT - They've been fielding nothing but jags since they rode the piss out of Dontari Poe, and that was the beginning of the end for quality Defense in Kansas City.  

DE - look up JAG and you'll find see also: Allen Bailey

ILB - Yes I know the ILB play is completely dreadful, but the only realistic chance the Chiefs can address this spot will be losing the division to the Chargers and going one and done in the playoffs.

OT - Eric Fisher is a major liability on the line and if they didn't have so many other needs, I'd make LT a priority.

TE - Harris is worth a minimum of 2 stupid ass things per game.

OLB - Need depth

Archived