Chargers @ Chiefs GDT

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just now, artsy said:

Well, I guess we'll all be waiting at least one more birthday before we see a Superbowl.  There is no way we even get the AFC championship games with this group on defense. 

There’s more than enough there . They held them to 14 through 3.5 qtrs 

bob is a big problem 

these last 2 games reid has barely run the ball.the dumb ass doesn’t understand how it helps his o line his QB, his shitty d, clock, offensive penalties, and makes 3rd down manageable. 

williams boys looked strong and fast tonight  reid better smarten up and use them next week or else we will have ainjured QB. 

Read + Sutton won't bring success. So unless Reid is willing to part ways with Sutton he should be on the hot seat as well, can't have this young team ruined by incapable guys. Reid made quite a few mistakes as usual but I want to give him the benefit of the doubt for a year due to his work with Mahomes. 

4 hours ago, sith13 said:

Read + Sutton won't bring success. So unless Reid is willing to part ways with Sutton he should be on the hot seat as well, can't have this young team ruined by incapable guys. Reid made quite a few mistakes as usual but I want to give him the benefit of the doubt for a year due to his work with Mahomes. 

Reid is great...in the regular season.  But the man repeats the same mistakes every year in big games and the playoffs.

11 hours ago, moons314 said:

We could very possibly go from the 1 seed to the 5 and not play any home games because of his turtling offensive calls. 

11 hours ago, moons314 said:

Our head coach, after countless blown big leads, still can’t figure out that you have to stay aggressive with the lead.  I don’t blame Sutton at all because the league and rules favor offense. If the offense doesn’t turtle nobody is talking about the defense.  Gotta play to your strengths and Andy didn’t do it. 

I was thinking about this a lot and I have to disagree for this game in particular.  We scored in our second-to-last possession.  We were in a bad position due to the penalty on the return, and then we went run, pass (got half the yardage needed, but wasn't a screen or anything), pass (sacked).  If your complaint is that ONE RUN on 1st and 10 I suppose we could discuss the play call but ONE PLAY isn't "turtling."

Not saying Andy hasn't turtled before, I'm just saying last night isn't a remotely convincing example.  Again, any accusation of "turtling" would boil down to one play call at most.  This loss is almost entirely on the defense, with a bit of the refs thrown in.

Archived