Tip your cap

Our offense is good enough to beat anyone. Our defense will get its lunch eaten by pretty much every team in the playoff hunt more than our offense can overcome.

Big Ben

Brady

Rivers

Watson

We could beat Lamar Jackson and Mariota. But this looks like a dumb 5 seed lose to Steelers kind of year.

5 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

They went for it with a 2 point conversion and got it. Wish Reid saw they way they lined up and used his final time out though. LA was given the game but had the balls to go for the win at the end.0

Good call.  I didn't even think of the timeout that during the play.

I'm way too old and proud to admit to my superstitions...  But I'm okay with the Chargers coming back to Arrowhead during the playoffs after that game.  I would have been more nervous if they were on a 10-game losing streak.

1 minute ago, Marleydawg said:

Good call.  I didn't even think of the timeout that during the play.

I'm way too old and proud to admit to my superstitions...  But I'm okay with the Chargers coming back to Arrowhead during the playoffs after that game.  I would have been more nervous if they were on a 10-game losing streak.

I don’t think we play a home playoff game. We lose to Seattle and Chargers win out.

2 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Our offense is good enough to beat anyone. Our defense will get its lunch eaten by pretty much every team in the playoff hunt more than our offense can overcome.

Big Ben

Brady

Rivers

Watson

We could beat Lamar Jackson and Mariota. But this looks like a dumb 5 seed lose to Steelers kind of year.

We shall see. 

We all know the weaknesses -- it's probably the most obvious weakness of any 11-3 team in recent memory.  But it's sure fascinating and fun to watch them walk the line!

And you know what?  I know there's a ton of variables...  but in the half the Chiefs played Berry, the Chargers scored 7.  I liked the way he looked; I felt he had his presence out there.  His play was encouraging, at least to me.  If he continues to work into shape, he's going to make a big difference.

3 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

I don’t think we play a home playoff game. We lose to Seattle and Chargers win out.

Maybe.  But the Chiefs will be in any game on the road, too.  They've had a great chance to win every single game they've played this year.

When's the last time you could say that?

3 minutes ago, Marleydawg said:

Maybe.  But the Chiefs will be in any game on the road, too.  They've had a great chance to win every single game they've played this year.

When's the last time you could say that?

Not since Montana. Mahomes should give us tremendous hope. But two of our three losses are because the offense couldn’t get the ball back. I think we will keep it close with anyone, but we pretty much know the outcome if our defense is on the field under 2 to go...

The Chiefs will be in any game, with Mahomes at QB.  As we've known all along, our secondary is weak, especially Scandrick, Parker, and Murray.  It may be too weak to make it to the SB this year, but I still think we are going to have our share of SB's with Mahomes.  I like our defensive front.  I really like Damien Williams.  Rivers is still great.  I am trying to be objective, but I am truly bummed out.

The Chargers were better tonight. They really were.  Its just that simple.  

I have to say that I was right when I posted that the Chargers were coming to KC desperate to end the Chiefs dominance over them and would be amped up against us.  When an amped up team has Rivers at QB, the result should not be a surprise. If Gordon had been able to play, I think the result would have been even worse.

29 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

No, I won’t tip my cap because the Chiefs choked....again.  Get ready for the playoff pain, tonight was a primer.

Boy one loss.  You are a miserable person.  Very childlike in your emotions and thoughts. 

The loss sucked no doubt.  Sutton needs to go.  The secondary and ILB need an overhaul.  But damn we have a top level QB and that can always win games.  

1 minute ago, Fmbl2187 said:

The Chiefs will be in any game, with Mahomes at QB.  As we've known all along, our secondary is weak, especially Scandrick, Parker, and Murray.  It may be too weak to make it to the SB this year, but I still think we are going to have our share of SB's with Mahomes.  I like our defensive front.  I really like Damien Williams.  Rivers is still great.  I am trying to be objective, but I am truly bummed out.

I have to say that I was right when I posted that the Chargers were coming to KC desperate to end the Chiefs dominance over them and would be amped up against us.  When an amped up team has Rivers at QB, the result should not be a surprise. If Gordon had been able to play, I think the result would have been even worse.

Chiefs were owning the chargers. I don’t think I’d say they were better all night considering chiefs has the lead all the way down to the end.

2 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

You can't forget to leave Sorenson out of that pathetic secondary

24 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Not since Montana. Mahomes should give us tremendous hope. But two of our three losses are because the offense couldn’t get the ball back. I think we will keep it close with anyone, but we pretty much know the outcome if our defense is on the field under 2 to go...

I'd rather us be aggressive and get burned in that situation being up 7 than slowly bleed out.   At some point you have to admit what you are and its like Sutton and company treat this D like the Ravens or Seahawks.   Be aggressive and if you get burned we get the ball back with a chance to win the game.   We played a soft zone coverage on 3rd and like 12 earlier in that last drive and we literally played off to the first down marker.   I saw another play were 3 defenders literally waited for the WR to run to them while they waited at the first down.   We aren't aggressive because our DC is a bag of bones.    Like you said we can keep every game close but losing to teams like this is unacceptable.   Maybe Hunt will force Andy's hand in this matter.

54 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

No, I won’t tip my cap because the Chiefs choked....again.  Get ready for the playoff pain, tonight was a primer.

I hate agreeing with your constant pessimism but this is exactly what it felt like. 

Berry playing any of the second half changes this game and we win but that just adds to our legacy 

edit:  Watkins also, he takes our offense to another level.  With him we average 38 ppg, without it is 33 but it is a struggle to get to tvat

This is the NFL.  The Chiefs aren't going to win every game.  This is a very young team -- one of the youngest in the league.  They aren't a dominant team and if you're expecting them to be dominant against the best teams in the league you're kidding yourself.  

I think it's important to remember this is an ascending team.  They've got some great young players and some solid veterans under contract (give or take a Hitchens).  In the offseason, they can sign both Hill and Jones and add some free agents.

But they've got a legitimate shot THIS year because Mahomes, Hill, and Kelce are amazing and there are enough playmakers  on D to give us a shot in every game.  

2 minutes ago, Marleydawg said:

This is the NFL.  The Chiefs aren't going to win every game.  This is a very young team -- one of the youngest in the league.  They aren't a dominant team and if you're expecting them to be dominant against the best teams in the league you're kidding yourself.  

I think it's important to remember this is an ascending team.  They've got some great young players and some solid veterans under contract (give or take a Hitchens).  In the offseason, they can sign both Hill and Jones and add some free agents.

But they've got a legitimate shot THIS year because Mahomes, Hill, and Kelce are amazing and there are enough playmakers  on D to give us a shot in every game.  

Veach is to ILBs as Pioli was to DLs.      Hitchens and Ragland are a big flipping joke!    

19 minutes ago, Marleydawg said:

That's a really good posts. 

Demonizing Sutton is nothing but scapegoating.  But Sutton is old and tired.  I can't imagine how that expressionless old fogey with 1990's style defensive ideas could possibly inspire or relate to the kids playing today.  I've never seen him get excited on the sideline, yell at anyone, pump his fist, hug anyone, etc.  He's a robot. He is as inspiring as Mike Pence. We truly need a young lion as a defensive coordinator...and a few good safeties and linebackers. That would help.

Archived