Who does this Chiefs team beat in the playoffs?

Chiefs are trending down at the wrong time...as usual.  We probably lose next week in Seattle as well and then beat Oakland, but head into the playoffs with serious problems.  When Mahomes is not superman this team is bad.  So, who do we beat in the AFC playoffs this year?  

Also, how sad that Anthony Lynn might get a SB before Andy Reid.  Reid wouldn’t have had the balls to go for 2 there.  In fact, I can picture him waving his hotdog-like finger in the air signaling for 1.  Chargers are the most balanced and dangerous team in the AFC and will be a tough out.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t think we beat Brady, Roethlisberger, or Rivers. Houston with Watson and Hopkins would eat us alive too. The only hope is to play a Ravens, Titans, or Colts kind of team. I suspect we lose at Seattle and then go to Pittsburgh and watch Big Ben throw for 600 yards. We just need all these old men QBs to retire so that Mahomes can become the face of the AFC, if not NFl.

Just now, Legend of AC said:

If Mahomes is held in check like he was tonight, we’re one and done as usual.  This defense is terrible and cannot be trusted whatsoever.

The O-line has earily become concerning ever since the threat of Kareem and the running game has left. Schwartz has strugged the last two weeks

3 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

This team needs Sammy Watkins to get to a SB. It's obvious this offense is not the same without Hunt and Watkins.

AMEN

Reinforcements are coming.  Berry, Watkins, Hill wasn't right...  This team will only get better IMO.

Just now, DefensiveMan said:

The O-line has earily become concerning ever since the threat of Kareem and the running game has left. Schwartz has strugged the last two weeks

Yup, great point.  Wonder if LDT comes back?  I think it was going to be either him or Watts to come of IR.  Either way, I assume one of them will be back soon.

At this point we need LDT to come back and slide Wylie over to LG.   Jeff Allen is terrible and Eric Fischer got manhandled all night long.  Bose just bull rushed him back into Mahomes lap over and over and over.   

Our offense sputtered not because they held Mahomes in check but because the play calls were not that great, our Oline couldn't give him 2 seconds for any route to develop and penalties.   Hill dropped an easy TD pass because of a penalty,   We started almost every drive in the 2nd half with a penalty or a negative play.   

With all that said we got hosed at the end of that game hard.   An uncatchable ball with minor contact, and contact  that only helped slow his momentum and he still was a full yard OB and an easy push off for the TD while ball was moving.  

I think its pretty apparent that this offense doesn't run smoothly with only 2 playmakers.   Need Watkins back and need to figure out some plays that can give Mahomes more time.  The defense just needs to learn to tackle, be more aggressive and not leave dudes wide open by 15 yards on the most important play of the game.

2 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

At this point we need LDT to come back and slide Wylie over to LG.   Jeff Allen is terrible and Eric Fischer got manhandled all night long.  Bose just bull rushed him back into Mahomes lap over and over and over.   

Our offense sputtered not because they held Mahomes in check but because the play calls were not that great, our Oline couldn't give him 2 seconds for any route to develop and penalties.   Hill dropped an easy TD pass because of a penalty,   We started almost every drive in the 2nd half with a penalty or a negative play.   

With all that said we got hosed at the end of that game hard.   An uncatchable ball with minor contact, and contact  that only helped slow his momentum and he still was a full yard OB and an easy push off for the TD while ball was moving.  

I think its pretty apparent that this offense doesn't run smoothly with only 2 playmakers.   Need Watkins back and need to figure out some plays that can give Mahomes more time.  The defense just needs to learn to tackle, be more aggressive and not leave dudes wide open by 15 yards on the most important play of the game.

Hunt man.. Hunt was the motivator , the one that gelled everything together. He sparked us with his leaps and bounds in the Cinci and Denver games. Need Watkins back and healthy. Need to take pressure off this O-Line. 

3 hours ago, Legend of AC said:

Chiefs are trending down at the wrong time...as usual.  We probably lose next week in Seattle as well and then beat Oakland, but head into the playoffs with serious problems.  When Mahomes is not superman this team is bad.  So, who do we beat in the AFC playoffs this year?  

Also, how sad that Anthony Lynn might get a SB before Andy Reid.  Reid wouldn’t have had the balls to go for 2 there.  In fact, I can picture him waving his hotdog-like finger in the air signaling for 1.  Chargers are the most balanced and dangerous team in the AFC and will be a tough out.

So your saying we can’t beat any playoff team now.  Seriously, this is pure comedy. 

4 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Hunt man.. Hunt was the motivator , the one that gelled everything together. He sparked us with his leaps and bounds in the Cinci and Denver games. Need Watkins back and healthy. Need to take pressure off this O-Line. 

I like what I saw from the Williams brothers but we gotta figure out how to use them best.   That draw or rpo dive doesn't work with those guys.  They can't break tackles like Hunt.   I agree with you.  He was the perfect back to complete this offense and his stupidity cost not just himself but an amazing chance for us to go to the SB.  We might still get there but it would have been a lot easier with him.   Still the Oline has been a wet paper bag these last two weeks.   

3 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Disagree, we plug and played RB’s and got the same results 

5 minutes ago, Marleydawg said:

Nah.  Hunt brought an attitude to the team that can't be replaced.

Doesn't mean they can't win but it's a different team now.

Unfortunately, it will be hard to overcome. The MoJo has been lost. Maybe Watkins can spark us a bit more. 

14 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I like what I saw from the Williams brothers but we gotta figure out how to use them best.   That draw or rpo dive doesn't work with those guys.  They can't break tackles like Hunt.   I agree with you.  He was the perfect back to complete this offense and his stupidity cost not just himself but an amazing chance for us to go to the SB.  We might still get there but it would have been a lot easier with him.   Still the Oline has been a wet paper bag these last two weeks.   

Need Cam Erving and LDT back. Jeff Allen is beyond a capable starter anymore. Schwartz has struggled since Cam left the lineup. 

8 minutes ago, Marleydawg said:

Nah.  Hunt brought an attitude to the team that can't be replaced.

Doesn't mean they can't win but it's a different team now.

Yeah we don't have any back that can break tackles consistently.  That breaks a defenses will and at least makes them concerned about where he is at all times.   We can still win but now Watkins has to get healthy for us to have a legit shot.   If our D was better then we could still win it all but our D can't do it in crunch time against a legit O.  

2 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Need Cam Erving and LDT back. Jeff Allen is beyond a capable starter anymore. Schwartz has struggled since Cam left the lineup. 

You mean Fischer?   Fischer got pushed back so often by Bosa that he didn't need to get a sack to force Mahomes out of the pocket.

Archived