Who does this Chiefs team beat in the playoffs?

59 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

We will see. Still a few games left to have him fuck it up. Imagine going to AFC championship game and up by 20 points only to lose it because of his defense scheme. Do you think he stays then blowing yet another game because of his shit?

I am honestly not sure.  There is an argument to be made that our talent in the defensive backfield is simply too awful to overcome.  

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me this was always about 2019. Now its clear. LAC deserved the win. They are a better team , more balanced, at this time. Chiefs rode the Mahomes Shocking Wave as far as they could. Farther than they could have thought possible. The defense is void of enough talent. The issue is not the few stars on defense like Ford, Jones and Houston. Its that the rest of the defense would clear waivers. Most may not be on a NFL roster next year. Certainly not starting.

Yet: They lost to  LAC because the OLINE looked like last years. AWFUL OLINE. The defense only gave up 28. The offense failed.

Berry is a ghost of himself and now Fuller is down. KC will probably lose to Seattle and end up the wild card. Regardless: Its one & done with REID.

Next Season. Hope they improve the defense. Team should be better balanced. Its a complete defense reset needed. VEACH failed his first year as GM.

FYI....LAC has lots of Cap Room in 2019 too.

9 hours ago, Legend of AC said:

Big fucking deal if they do.  I thought we had Super Bowl  aspirations?  Now we don’t?  Im simply pointing out the obvious based on what has transpired the past two weeks.  We barely beat the Lamar Jackson led Ravens in KC and then give up 15 points in 6 min to an elite QB and lose.  We may win a playoff game we may not.  If Mahomes has to throw 4 TDs for us to win we’re in trouble because he’s all we got.  The defense cannot stop anyone and cannot be trusted, no matter the opponent.  

You post an entire string about not being able to beat any playoff team. And I say I'll bet you we do, and you say who cares.  Just pure comedy really. 

32 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

For me this was always about 2019. Now its clear. LAC deserved the win. They are a better team , more balanced, at this time. Chiefs rode the Mahomes Shocking Wave as far as they could. Farther than they could have thought possible. The defense is void of enough talent. The issue is not the few stars on defense like Ford, Jones and Houston. Its that the rest of the defense would clear waivers. Most may not be on a NFL roster next year. Certainly not starting.

Yet: They lost to  LAC because the OLINE looked like last years. AWFUL OLINE. The defense only gave up 28. The offense failed.

Berry is a ghost of himself and now Fuller is down. KC will probably lose to Seattle and end up the wild card. Regardless: Its one & done with REID.

Next Season. Hope they improve the defense. Team should be better balanced. Its a complete defense reset needed. VEACH failed his first year as GM.

FYI....LAC has lots of Cap Room in 2019 too.

agreed over all LAC is a better team and it is all about 2019

wont argue that most of our D  couldn't  make another team

not sure about Berry.. the jury is still out. I wil say this that  the first half looked a lot better than the 2nd..was that him or all a coincidence..why he couldn't go out  for the final few minutes is a bit confusing.. the way the Chiefs handed all this in his regard is  not promising.

not sure if once again  you could blame Reid for being 1 ndun .. the fact  that PM2 has had the success he has you can   attribute to  Reid so  I think your focus is wrong unless your blaming Reid for keeping Sutton.

Veach has far from failed..he's the one that had a laser like focus on PM2 and was instrumental in getting him. Hhe had nothing to do with Berry or Houston's injury or contracts...he has had 2 training camps and 1 draft. I think Failed is an over reaction

just get off the edge and enjoy this season for what it is.. PM2's coming out party..nothing less nothing more

11 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

not sure about Berry.. the jury is still out. I wil say this that  the first half looked a lot better than the 2nd..was that him or all a coincidence..why he couldn't go out  for the final few minutes is a bit confusing.. the way the Chiefs handed all this in his regard is  not promising.

not sure if once again  you could blame Reid for being 1 ndun .. the fact  that PM2 has had the success he has you can   attribute to  Reid so  I think your focus is wrong unless your blaming Reid for keeping Sutton.

Veach has far from failed..he's the one that had a laser like focus on PM2 and was instrumental in getting him. Hhe had nothing to do with Berry or Houston's injury or contracts...he has had 2 training camps and 1 draft. I think Failed is an over reaction

just get off the edge and enjoy this season for what it is.. PM2's coming out party..nothing less nothing more

Good points.

Veach gets to much credit for Mahomes. Its not like he was found in the 5th round. The world new about the guy. Chargers almost took him at 7. Yes he pointed it to Andy. Andy then became engaged. Even Gruden did his camp review and raved about Mahomes. The rest of Veach moves are questionable. I noted he failed year one. I stand by that. Not one player he drafted or brought in has had an impact this season. Maybe Fuller? Other teams, LAC for example, have first year players impacting games this year. Not one draft pick by VEACH is exciting or even getting notice. 

Reid is one & done until he isnt. Saw some late game choke with his play calling. 

OBTW....I was never on this years band wagon. I stated early on this is about next year. I am enjoying this season. 

25 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Now that we have the most important and most difficult piece of the puzzle to find for the long haul. I'd like us to really look at rebuilding this defense for the long haul and not just try band aiding it. We have some really good building block players at almost every level of the defense surrounded by complete crap. Lets get rid of the crap, dump the big salaries players over the next two offseasons who can't stay healthy and get a defensive coach who can develop and will play young guys. There's no reason if we don't do this thing right we can't become a team that expects rather than hopes to win playoff games whether we win 9 or 14 regular season games. 

16 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

This team needs Sammy Watkins to get to a SB. It's obvious this offense is not the same without Hunt and Watkins.

bingo d man  i think wilkie mentioned in a different thread but we had 4 weapons now 2. 

ried needs to run the ball and take some pressure off PM and protect this shitty defense. i like the way williams ran. a few punishing hits to finish the run. 

17 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

This team needs Sammy Watkins to get to a SB. It's obvious this offense is not the same without Hunt and Watkins.

Agree. And also a healthy Tyreek. Right now we have neither. Good news is it looks like we've found another RB in Williams.  

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

You post an entire string about not being able to beat any playoff team. And I say I'll bet you we do, and you say who cares.  Just pure comedy really. 

Why are you so intent on betting me that the Chiefs win in the playoffs?  I want the Chiefs to win in the playoffs I just don’t feel confident they will given the woes of the defense.  

10 hours ago, sith13 said:

I think the problem is that the 3 losses were to teams we are likely to face on our path to the SB. We could have won all 3, but the fact that we didn't is concerning simply due to our history of choking when it matters the most. 

The good thing is none were blow outs. And 2 were road games. 

So I don't get the panic. 

Uh, I don't think anyone was panicking over losing 2 games on the road against NFL elites.

Pissing your pants with a 14 point lead with 5 fucking minutes left, at home after they nearly shit the bed against a team contending for the #1 overall pick and giving up touchdowns the following week on drives where the opponent didn't throw a single pass is absolutely alarming.

The best hope for werthers originals was Eric Berry coming back and doing his job and Al Harris + Emmitt Thomas job for them.  He was constantly having to tell our dumbass Defensive Backs what to do.  It's fucking Week 14, it shouldn't be a mystery that a guy who hasn't played a single snap all year should be figuring out for them.

I agree with those who have been saying they were looking more toward 2019. Having said that, you guys had to be a little excited the way Mahomes has played, and maybe thought the Chiefs would do something in the postseason. 

That's probably not going to happen,  but my concern now is what happens after this season.  If Sutton stays then I don't know if it will matter.  

3 hours ago, qnet said:

I agree with those who have been saying they were looking more toward 2019. Having said that, you guys had to be a little excited the way Mahomes has played, and maybe thought the Chiefs would do something in the postseason. 

That's probably not going to happen,  but my concern now is what happens after this season.  If Sutton stays then I don't know if it will matter.  

Acting as if the season is over? The Chiefs still have the whole season in front of them and control their OWN DESTINY for the #1 seed. Just lay back and relax... there will be greater heart break to follow. 😌😲

4 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

Cowherd wavers from week to week. The guy is bi-polar. Skip Bayless is just in denial. Haters.

Cowherd is an idiot.  Comparing Mahomes, who doesn’t even have a season’s worth of starts under his belt yet, to 2 QBs who have collectively played for 20,000 years is ludicrous.  And, the Goff comparison is from a game where 105 points were scored.  

He made some mistakes in the LAC game.  No denying that.  But, he isn’t responsible for Sutton’s ineptness, or Reid going turtle in the 4th quarter.

He is raw as hell, and still a top 5 QB in the NFL.  

On 12/15/2018 at 7:39 AM, Legend of AC said:

Hmmm, I didn’t realize it was just Mahomes versus the Patriots, Rams, and Chargers.  Now I know.

That's what I hate about how these analyst compare Quarterbacks. Although, had he won those games, they might have been saying the opposite. 

Archived