Who does this Chiefs team beat in the playoffs?

39 minutes ago, qnet said:

That's what I hate about how these analyst compare Quarterbacks. Although, had he won those games, they might have been saying the opposite. 

With an even slightly better defense, the Chiefs are probably undefeated right now and Mahomes is being anointed as the Michael Jordan of football.  It’s ridiculous to pin those losses on him.  Notice how Cowherd fails to offer any context, like mentioning that the defense gave up 43, 54, and 29 points in those losses.  What QB EVER, in the history of the NFL, has wins in games where the defense gave up an average of 42 points per?  

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/14/2018 at 4:07 PM, Palangi said:

The good thing is none were blow outs. And 2 were road games. 

So I don't get the panic. 

I dont see it as panic. Its looking at reality. Reids teams do not get better as the season goes on. This year is the same. Every team has injuries. The young guys never step up. 

10 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

I dont see it as panic. Its looking at reality. Reids teams do not get better as the season goes on. This year is the same. Every team has injuries. The young guys never step up. 

The Chiefs lost a hard fought game to a division opponent. I expect the defense to improve slightly in the playoffs just because of Berry! It showed while he played against the Chargers. The offense is going to improve greatly with Watkins, healthy Hill, addition of Kelvin B, return of LDT and emergence of Williams!!! 

I like the fact Mahomes is getting to see 3 straight tough D's.    Its great experience and all three have and will have a playoff vibe as all 3 teams are fighting for playoff spots or important position.   By the time the playoff rolls around there won't be anything he hasn't seen already and Andy won't be able to game plan for or adjust in game for.    If San Fran hung 26 on  Seattle we can hang 40.

Defense will step up.  Offense is only running on 3 cylinders right now.  When sammy is playing, offense cannot be defended. Come playoff time. Chiefs should be healthy and be favored to beat anyone, anywhere, anytime. The only team that can prevent the chiefs from winning is the chiefs. If we don't beat ourselves ther will be no stopping us.

59 minutes ago, Docbarnabee said:

Defense will step up.  Offense is only running on 3 cylinders right now.  When sammy is playing, offense cannot be defended. Come playoff time. Chiefs should be healthy and be favored to beat anyone, anywhere, anytime. The only team that can prevent the chiefs from winning is the chiefs. If we don't beat ourselves ther will be no stopping us.

Agreed, Doc. Need Watkins back. Stop shooting ourselves in the foot with penalties and mental blocks.

2 hours ago, Docbarnabee said:

With a healthy Tyreek, Watkins and Kelce we would be back in business even with mediocre running game.  Can those guys get healthy in time though is a big question especially as Tyreek keeps being run out there on gimpy wheel too.  

We just don’t have defense right now to gut out those games where offense isn’t firing against playoff caliber teams.  That’s gotta be number one priority for next year. 

On 12/16/2018 at 7:39 PM, Lamardirts said:

I like the fact Mahomes is getting to see 3 straight tough D's.    Its great experience and all three have and will have a playoff vibe as all 3 teams are fighting for playoff spots or important position.   By the time the playoff rolls around there won't be anything he hasn't seen already and Andy won't be able to game plan for or adjust in game for.    If San Fran hung 26 on  Seattle we can hang 40.

Seahawks Beat SF 42-16 in Seattle.  They are just a different team at home with that phony piped in crowd noise added to an already boisterous crowd. 

3 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Seahawks Beat SF 42-16 in Seattle.  They are just a different team at home with that phony piped in crowd noise added to an already boisterous crowd. 

If we want to be in the elite conversation we have to go into environments like that and take care of business.  You are right that its tough there but its just another test and opportunity for Mahomes.     

Chiefs are "capable" of beating any team. The penalties are not gonna go away. By this time of the year it is part of your identity. Do not understand how Andy lives with it but he does. If the Chiefs play a clean game (limited penalties and no turnovers) I would suspect they win a playoff game. That is a BIG if.

32 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Chiefs are "capable" of beating any team. The penalties are not gonna go away. By this time of the year it is part of your identity. Do not understand how Andy lives with it but he does. If the Chiefs play a clean game (limited penalties and no turnovers) I would suspect they win a playoff game. That is a BIG if.

If the Chiefs had played clean games against the Bolts & Rams they may be 13-1 with the division locked up by now. 

5 hours ago, qnet said:

If the Chiefs had played clean games against the Bolts & Rams they may be 13-1 with the division locked up by now. 

Sad thing is I think we had just 6 penalties against LA up until the last drive or so where we had 4 penalties alone. It was either 6 or 7 and we ended up with 10. 

Archived