Kendall Fuller

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Pfffft. What does a doctor know over us on a message board. The guy is done for the year.

I did hear on the radio yesterday the Chiefs expect that he won’t miss much time.  Problem is there isn’t much time left. 

On 12/16/2018 at 8:20 AM, moons314 said:

Not to rain on the parade, but hasn’t scandrick been grading out fairly well all year?

Scandrick started terrible and returned to that performance lately. He has been good somewhere in between though during the stretch where defense actually gave us little hope. 

8 hours ago, sith13 said:

Scandrick started terrible and returned to that performance lately. He has been good somewhere in between though during the stretch where defense actually gave us little hope. 

I believe Scandrick is really playing the best he can. He's 31 and really shouldn't be in the NFL. We called him and offered him the job.

I'm just frustrated because none of our rookies/FA's can bench him...

8 minutes ago, artsy said:

I believe Scandrick is really playing the best he can. He's 31 and really shouldn't be in the NFL. We called him and offered him the job.

I'm just frustrated because none of our rookies/FA's can bench him...

It's hard to blame the young guys or rookies.  Sutton is a veterans coach.  He will go with the veteran over the young guy out of comfort not necessarily the best player

Just now, Palangi said:

It's hard to blame the young guys or rookies.  Sutton is a veterans coach.  He will go with the veteran over the young guy out of comfort not necessarily the best player

Yup, that we know is a fact. And that's ridiculous.

There is no doubt in my mind, that Ward or Smith (the kick returner) can play just as good if not better than scandrick..No doubt in my mind.

Plus they should be a lot faster, which would really help with the penalties. Both Scandrick and Nelson rack up holding penalties because they're constantly getting beat..Which why they NEVER, EVER turn their heads around...

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

He played Peters? If these guys showed up I would think Reid would have some input and get them on the field. Its not like Reid ignores the defence. Its mostly a complete lack of talent. Yes Sutton needs to go!!!!!!!!!!

11 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

He played Peters? If these guys showed up I would think Reid would have some input and get them on the field. Its not like Reid ignores the defence. Its mostly a complete lack of talent. Yes Sutton needs to go!!!!!!!!!!

Peters was a 1st round pick. Most 1st rounders usually start...Even on Bob's defense.

2 hours ago, dksww said:

We'll be given the "Oh well, we're going to play it safe statement" by Friday and he won't be playing.

Today at his presser, Reid stated that he expects Fuller to play but probably with a light cast or some device on his wrist.  He also said that Berry didn't suffer from his playing in the first half beyond bumps and bruises expected after such a long absence.  Sounded like Erving could be back soon as well as Ware.  Of course, as is usual with Reid, he wasn't real specific. 

7 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Today at his presser, Reid stated that he expects Fuller to play but probably with a light cast or some device on his wrist.  He also said that Berry didn't suffer from his playing in the first half beyond bumps and bruises expected after such a long absence.  Sounded like Erving could be back soon as well as Ware.  Of course, as is usual with Reid, he wasn't real specific. 

Right, I saw the quotes as well.  Everything was basically he didn't know anything and they had to take it day by day.

On 12/15/2018 at 9:20 PM, moons314 said:

Not to rain on the parade, but hasn’t scandrick been grading out fairly well all year?

This is how you know ProFootballFocus ratings are worthless.  Scandrick, Fuller, and Nelson grade out as 37, 30, and 18.  If Scandrick, Fuller, Nelson were actually that good, we would have one of the best CB crews in the league.  So why does our pass defence suck so bad?  You can't blame it on a lack of pass rush.  Could crappy safeties make that much of a difference?

On 12/18/2018 at 2:28 AM, VIChiefsFan said:

This is how you know ProFootballFocus ratings are worthless.  Scandrick, Fuller, and Nelson grade out as 37, 30, and 18.  If Scandrick, Fuller, Nelson were actually that good, we would have one of the best CB crews in the league.  So why does our pass defence suck so bad?  You can't blame it on a lack of pass rush.  Could crappy safeties make that much of a difference?

Numbers always lie in such situations. However our CBs have been pretty good during a stretch after a terrible start to the season and their ratings have been bolstered by that span. In fact Nelson has been great until a few weeks ago when he became a PI machine, kept guys like Brown to dismal performances. 

Regarding the pass defense, we give a lot of yards that Sutton loves as he focuses on the red zone not to mention making TEs and RBs stars which also play a major role. Our CBs are definitely on the decline but not as bad as our overall pass defense suggests.

I think our CB performance is similar to the pass rush. When given the go the group can get to pretty much any QB but there are a lot of plays our pass rush is just made of 2-3 guys casually going after the QB with the rest sitting back. 

On 12/17/2018 at 5:28 PM, VIChiefsFan said:

If their stats were worthless then over half the teams in the league wouldnt employ some use of their statistics in one way or another.

And if you figure every team basically has 3 starters at corner counting the nickel...being number 37 out of 48 isnt very impressive.

19 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

If their stats were worthless then over half the teams in the league wouldnt employ some use of their statistics in one way or another.

And if you figure every team basically has 3 starters at corner counting the nickel...being number 37 out of 48 isnt very impressive.

Well if every team had 3 with 32 teams that makes it 37 out of 96. Average would be 48 so he is topping out above average. Now if it is 46 out of 64 then I can see it.

24 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Well if every team had 3 with 32 teams that makes it 37 out of 96. Average would be 48 so he is topping out above average. Now if it is 46 out of 64 then I can see it.

Fair point. I was thinking Scandrick wouldnt be in any teams top 2 but I guess there is 64 "starters". He played ok the first half of the year, but he is being picked on now.

He is ranked 42 out of all corners but his grade is a 69.0 overall. Not real impressive. Neither is my math.

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Fair point. I was thinking Scandrick wouldnt be in any teams top 2 but I guess there is 64 "starters". He played ok the first half of the year, but he is being picked on now.

He is ranked 42 out of all corners but his grade is a 69.0 overall. Not real impressive. Neither is my math.

Scandrick and Parker wouldn't even be in the NFL if KC hadn't called them up and signed them.

They were both cut in training camp..(Scandrick cut from Washington and Parker cut from Atlanta)

We not only signed them.....WERE FREAKING STARTING THEM!

Archived