Some positives to ponder

By the time the playoffs come along, Berry will hopefully be in much better shape, Darrel Williams will have established himself as a real asset at running back, LDT and Erving will be back in the O-line, Watkins will be back to full fitness, Fuller will be back and Benjamin will be more settled in the system.

This season has been great, but I always felt that yesterday was the perfect time for the Chargers to play us. They talk about Gordon missing for the Chargers but let's be real here, we're missing Hunt, Watkins and two of the O-line from the team that won in LA, PLUS we'd just had a brutal game against the Ravens just four days earlier which went into over time. How many other teams in this league would cope with that? 

Today doesn't feel great, especially with the media falling over themselves for the Chargers. But what we cannot lose sight of is we still run the West and the AFC first seed, and if we win at Seattle, then it would be a killer blow to all of our rivals. So keep your head up guys, maybe one day we'll look back on this game as a defining moment for this team.  

To me the injuries have stolen our identity on offense which is speed to stretch the field and open up underneath stuff Andy loves to run. He did a great job of masking this last night with Tyreek as a decoy of sorts, but the Chargers eventually caught on. As will future opponents on tape. 

As such I think the priority going forward this year is doing anything possible to get the most healthy version of Hill and Watkins in January. Even if that means potentially sacrificing division or home field by benching a key player or two. We've proven when relatively healthy we have the QB who can go on the road and get tough wins. But we aren't going anywhere with Hill hopping on one leg plus no Watkins as we just don't have the defense to pick us up right now. 

I agree with your positives and don't deny them. Offensively we are so far ahead, but we have injured players who are coming back which will make us better. But you still cannot deny change must occur defensively.

It's unfair to expect this phenomenal play out of PM every single week. Expecting 40+ points every game isn't realistic even though he makes it seem normal. The Front Office has to be proactive this year and get a new DC. Regardless of who gets healthy,  if the game comes down to last possession does anyone remotely feel comfortable if it means a defensive stop?  Any faith at all? I sure don't. 

williams team looked good. i wish reid would run the ball more often. 

its interesting how the last games have really created a blue print for,other teams. i’m not sure what the possession of time is in these last two games but it sure felt like our o was on the bench for long periods. 

reid needs to learn to dink and dunk, run the ball and shorten the game in order to minimize other teams possessions and to keep our JB defense on the bench  

Archived