We need the Chargers to lose one

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have Baltimore next and then have to go to mile high. They actually have a tougher last two games than we do. And I honestly believe that the Ravens are a bad matchup for those guys. We could actually go into the Seattle game with no pressure at all IF the Steelers beat the Pats and the Ravens beat the Chargers. The number one seed would be right in our hands If those two results go our way. 

15 minutes ago, MisChief-Maker said:

They have Baltimore next and then have to go to mile high. They actually have a tougher last two games than we do. And I honestly believe that the Ravens are a bad matchup for those guys. We could actually go into the Seattle game with no pressure at all IF the Steelers beat the Pats and the Ravens beat the Chargers. The number one seed would be right in our hands If those two results go our way. 

Yes, the Baltimore matchup I’m hoping gives them problems, but I doubt they lose at Denver.  But, if they gift us one we’re in business.  I think.

1 minute ago, Legend of AC said:

Yes, the Baltimore matchup I’m hoping gives them problems, but I doubt they lose at Denver.  But, if they gift us one we’re in business.  I think.

Well they lost to Denver at home so I would think being at Denver would work against them too.

1 hour ago, Legend of AC said:

This is assuming we lose @ Seattle, which I believe is a fair assumption considering their running game.  Otherwise, we’re likely @ Pittsburgh in round 1 and probably one and done.  Again.  Anyone got another take?

The absurd notion we can’t win at Pittsburgh is another take.  

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

The absurd notion we can’t win at Pittsburgh is another take.  

The only absurd notion is you believing that the Kansas City Chiefs, who have have been utter failures in January football, will waltz into Pittsburgh (who knows how to win come playoff time) and win.  Probability is on my side bud, so your assertion that it’s absurd is way off.  Do you ever take your Chiefs goggles off?  And nobody said we can’t win, I said it was unlikely.  Where am I wrong?

34 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

It’s just nuts where you come up with this crap. We are certain to lose to a team we’ve already beaten but they are certain to beat a team they just lost to at home.  

Yes, that’s right, because they have everything to play for and Denver has nothing.  Moreover, Denver is missing their best CB in Chris Harris Jr., which hurts them immensely.  Rivers will carve them up like he did to us.

Why can’t we just won the next two games and be done with it.   We can beat Seattle.  We get extra time.  Berry will offset Fullers loss and if we can get Watkins back we can beat anyone.   Seattle’s offense isn’t on par with San Diego’s either.   If we want to be elite we have to win these games.   I don’t want help achieving our goal I want our team to overcome adversity.   

6 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Why can’t we just won the next two games and be done with it.   We can beat Seattle.  We get extra time.  Berry will offset Fullers loss and if we can get Watkins back we can beat anyone.   Seattle’s offense isn’t on par with San Diego’s either.   If we want to be elite we have to win these games.   I don’t want help achieving our goal I want our team to overcome adversity.   

Oh, we can beat Seattle, but it’s a tall order in Seattle in prime time.  Watkins is out until at least the playoffs, apparently.

My take, for the little it's worth, is that BAL could beat the Chargers but it's not likely.  If they storm Rivers like they did Mahomes, it could shake him up and we don't know the status of Allen so the LAC offense could be slowed.  Interesting match up.  At DEN favors the Chargers for one big reason.  Sanders.  The Donk offense won't be as good as they were in LA and thinking that if the Chargers lost at home, they will be worse off in DEN overlooks the fact that home field means little to the Chargers.  BTW, if the Chiefs finish as #5 seed, they will likely go to BAL rather than PIT.  Either would be a challenge considering the woeful defense.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

The Ravens are too one dimensional. They'll compete but Gus Bradley and the Charger D might catch up to Balty's ground and pound game.

Then again, Rivers always blows a crucial game or too. The guy thrives as a comeback king when the odds are stacked against him. When the pressure is on he tends to fold in critical moments. Choke artist when the tide is with him.

13 hours ago, Legend of AC said:

The only absurd notion is you believing that the Kansas City Chiefs, who have have been utter failures in January football, will waltz into Pittsburgh (who knows how to win come playoff time) and win.  Probability is on my side bud, so your assertion that it’s absurd is way off.  Do you ever take your Chiefs goggles off?  And nobody said we can’t win, I said it was unlikely.  Where am I wrong?

You seriously have more over dramatic posts than a teenage girl. And football knowledge not far behind If you don’t recognize the difference between a team with an elite QB and everything we’ve had before.  It’s not a matter of if but when if you want real historical perspective.  And even amid a year we started off knowing we had big holes on defense, we’ve proven if relatively healthy on offense (which we aren’t right now) we can compete at the highest level in any stadium. 

So your whole we suck and always have and have no chance is really just ankle biter ignorant BS  you seem to hope comes to fruition   

12 hours ago, jetlord said:

My take, for the little it's worth, is that BAL could beat the Chargers but it's not likely.  If they storm Rivers like they did Mahomes, it could shake him up and we don't know the status of Allen so the LAC offense could be slowed.  Interesting match up.  At DEN favors the Chargers for one big reason.  Sanders.  The Donk offense won't be as good as they were in LA and thinking that if the Chargers lost at home, they will be worse off in DEN overlooks the fact that home field means little to the Chargers.  BTW, if the Chiefs finish as #5 seed, they will likely go to BAL rather than PIT.  Either would be a challenge considering the woeful defense.

Gonna come down to the health of our WRs and getting at least one of our guards back in my opinion.  Teams are really exploiting us inside and safeties are gonna start creeping towards LOS if our speed guys are hobbled.  

If we did get past that first game, I’d love a rematch with the Chargers in LA where there would almost certainly be more Chiefs than Chargers fans.  

Seattle is obviously the key to avoiding this road but we are almost certainly going in there with banged up version of offense and IF Tyreek is only half speed I’d just sit him personally.  

51 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

You seriously have more over dramatic posts than a teenage girl. And football knowledge not far behind If you don’t recognize the difference between a team with an elite QB and everything we’ve had before.  It’s not a matter of if but when if you want real historical perspective.  And even amid a year we started off knowing we had big holes on defense, we’ve proven if relatively healthy on offense (which we aren’t right now) we can compete at the highest level in any stadium. 

So your whole we suck and always have and have no chance is really just ankle biter ignorant BS  you seem to hope comes to fruition   

I’m not denying that this Chiefs team can compete with anyone, anywhere.  But competing and winning aren’t the same, and as an organization, regardless of the circumstances, the Chiefs have been unable to win in the playoffs.  Yes, we now have an elite QB that is fantastic, but he’s surrounded by an inept defense incapable of stopping anyone.  That means plenty in the playoffs, but we’ll have to see how it plays out.  Using your logic, we should have no trouble making the Super Bowl simply because our QB is more elite than the other teams’.  I don’t see it that way.  Green Bay Packer fans don’t see it that way, either.  

And this post is not dramatic at all; it’s more likely than not in my view considering the circumstances the Chiefs are now in because of Thursday night’s debacle.  Sorry you disagree.

47 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

I’m not denying that this Chiefs team can compete with anyone, anywhere.  But competing and winning aren’t the same, and as an organization, regardless of the circumstances, the Chiefs have been unable to win in the playoffs.  Yes, we now have an elite QB that is fantastic, but he’s surrounded by an inept defense incapable of stopping anyone.  That means plenty in the playoffs, but we’ll have to see how it plays out.  Using your logic, we should have no trouble making the Super Bowl simply because our QB is more elite than the other teams’.  I don’t see it that way.  Green Bay Packer fans don’t see it that way, either.  

And this post is not dramatic at all; it’s more likely than not in my view considering the circumstances the Chiefs are now in because of Thursday night’s debacle.  Sorry you disagree.

We solved the number one most important and difficult job to fill in sports this year. That makes this season a major success no matter what and completely changes your narrative whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

And the Packers won many playoff games and a Super Bowl with a very average coach and many massively questionable personnel decisions because they found this rare piece  

Nobody thought this team was a Super Bowl contender before the season  Heck you thought we might start 0-6   So we’ve massively already exceeded your expectations and are clearly way ahead of plan   And we’ve absolutely proven this offense is SO good when healthy that have a legit chance to beat anyone, anywhere   

Just wait til next year when we have 3 top 50 picks and CAP room to get after this defensive liability in earnest  This franchise is in phenomenal shape going forward and way ahead of most of the league   

in the meantime getting as many offensive players as healthy as possible is the biggest key to what the 2018 team  can do in January   

46 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

We solved the number one most important and difficult job to fill in sports this year. That makes this season a major success no matter what and completely changes your narrative whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

And the Packers won many playoff games and a Super Bowl with a very average coach and many massively questionable personnel decisions because they found this rare piece  

Nobody thought this team was a Super Bowl contender before the season  Heck you thought we might start 0-6   So we’ve massively already exceeded your expectations and are clearly way ahead of plan   And we’ve absolutely proven this offense is SO good when healthy that have a legit chance to beat anyone, anywhere   

Just wait til next year when we have 3 top 50 picks and CAP room to get after this defensive liability in earnest  This franchise is in phenomenal shape going forward and way ahead of most of the league   

in the meantime getting as many offensive players as healthy as possible is the biggest key to what the 2018 team  can do in January   

You and I aren’t so far off in our thinking and I agree with everything you just posted.  The issue I have is that we’re so close now, perhaps more than ever before because of Mahomes, and I want it so bad I can taste it.  We’ve waited decades for this moment and now that it’s here I can’t stand that something could possibly derail it.  It sucks getting really close only because it breeds increased expectations.  This team has absolutely done far more than I imagined they would this year no doubt. I just don’t want to go through more hurt come playoff time anymore.  As Chiefs fans, we’ve endured more than most.

Archived