• Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Calichief said:

We don’t need anything from anyone.

just handle what’s in front of you.

win.

and fire Sutton ...

Exactly!!

Damn, why do we always need someone to HELP us...As you said, just go out and play and freaking win.

Tell Hitchens and Ragaland to play like pro's, (because we are going to get a dose of the run game like never before) Roll Berry over whatever corner is lined up against Lockett and once/if we get them into 3rd and long, bring the pressure and TACKLE Wilson.

They're not that great on Defense, so we should be able to put our average 30 pts.

2 minutes ago, artsy said:

Exactly!!

Damn, why do we always need someone to HELP us...As you said, just go out and play and freaking win.

Tell Hitchens and Ragaland to play like pro's, (because we are going to get a dose of the run game like never before) Roll Berry over whatever corner is lined up against Lockett and once/if we get them into 3rd and long, bring the pressure and TACKLE Wilson.

They're not that great on Defense, so we should be able to put our average 30 pts.

Well, if only it were so easy. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fieldgulls.com/platform/amp/2018/11/16/18098298/fast-facts-seattle-seahawks-remain-dominant-prime-time-under-pete-carroll-packers-win-ihop

10 hours ago, sith13 said:

Broncos have nothing to play for and will be fielding backups against Chargers. I think the last game for both us and the Chargers is a lame tune up game. They might lose against Ravens but wouldn't count on it being certain. 

They aren't playing for a playoff position, but they will certainly be motivated to ruin things for LAC. I don't care how bad a team is, divisional games are almost always a slugfest and a Denver win would absolutely not surprise me. That said, I'm on the win-out, handle your own business train with everyone else. 

4 minutes ago, TomahawkChop said:

They aren't playing for a playoff position, but they will certainly be motivated to ruin things for LAC. I don't care how bad a team is, divisional games are almost always a slugfest and a Denver win would absolutely not surprise me. That said, I'm on the win-out, handle your own business train with everyone else. 

You always play to win in the NFL and that's what Broncos will do. However I'm expecting way too many backups and youngsters, the last thing you want in such a game is injuries to ruin the offseason. Also it's always a great chance to see what the youngsters have to offer. So I think it's a trap game for the Chargers. 

I agree just win out and let the rest battle among themselves. 

On 12/15/2018 at 12:39 AM, DefensiveMan said:

The Ravens are too one dimensional. They'll compete but Gus Bradley and the Charger D might catch up to Balty's ground and pound game.

Then again, Rivers always blows a crucial game or too. The guy thrives as a comeback king when the odds are stacked against him. When the pressure is on he tends to fold in critical moments. Choke artist when the tide is with him.

No one has been able to stop them yet? You didn't. Mahomes is just that freaking good...

They just shut down the #1 Passing offense in the NFL- held them under 200yds passing

I like Rivers- guy competes- but he is a statue back there. He is such a statue that they need some butt hurt liberals who think he's a Civil War General before he will be moved....

8 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

No one has been able to stop them yet? You didn't. Mahomes is just that freaking good...

They just shut down the #1 Passing offense in the NFL- held them under 200yds passing

I like Rivers- guy competes- but he is a statue back there. He is such a statue that they need some butt hurt liberals who think he's a Civil War General before he will be moved....

I find this whole scenario pretty unreal. You are almost as close to a division title as you are to being eliminated. And the Chiefs are as close to the one seed and home field throughout as we are to being a wild card playing at a team playing for its life right now. And more than anything it seems very possible, bordering on likely,  the Chargers/Ravens game could be the catalyst for deciding most everything. 

I really don't think a team with such a limited passing game can beat the Chargers minus some turnover help. But as you said, Rivers is a statue back there and if you can create pressure as we did routinely in the first half, those turnovers could come. Gonna be one heck of an interesting weekend. 

7 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Jackson, has been throwing some dimes as of late. He looked goooood against TB. The guy typifies a true Ravens QB. Scary if he can throw like that. Very inderrated. I'm very much looking forward to Saturday night. The Ravens always have an identity and that is extremely hard to maintain in FA and this day in age in the NFL. Billick & Ray Lewis created the culture and Suggs and Harbaugh have carried on with it. Expect Rivers to cry a bit more. 

No team has more on the line than the Ravens.  I expect NO to win over PIT so the Ravens are playing for the division title assuming both win in week 17.  But if the Ravens lose, they will probably miss out on the playoffs all together.  LAC has to think KC loses to SEA so they also have a lot on the line, but nothing like the Ravens.

8 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

I like it.

But let’s leave the politics in the locker room.

17 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

I find this whole scenario pretty unreal. You are almost as close to a division title as you are to being eliminated. And the Chiefs are as close to the one seed and home field throughout as we are to being a wild card playing at a team playing for its life right now. And more than anything it seems very possible, bordering on likely,  the Chargers/Ravens game could be the catalyst for deciding most everything. 

I really don't think a team with such a limited passing game can beat the Chargers minus some turnover help. But as you said, Rivers is a statue back there and if you can create pressure as we did routinely in the first half, those turnovers could come. Gonna be one heck of an interesting weekend. 

It's what keeps us coming back. I think on a pretty much neutral field, LJ can make a few throws, while Gus and Dixon run the clock out....

Other than that, the Colts will be in.....

10 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

Jackson, has been throwing some dimes as of late. He looked goooood against TB. The guy typifies a true Ravens QB. Scary if he can throw like that. Very inderrated. I'm very much looking forward to Saturday night. The Ravens always have an identity and that is extremely hard to maintain in FA and this day in age in the NFL. Billick & Ray Lewis created the culture and Suggs and Harbaugh have carried on with it. Expect Rivers to cry a bit more. 

Two posts above you called them a "limited offense".....which is it?

9 hours ago, jetlord said:

No team has more on the line than the Ravens.  I expect NO to win over PIT so the Ravens are playing for the division title assuming both win in week 17.  But if the Ravens lose, they will probably miss out on the playoffs all together.  LAC has to think KC loses to SEA so they also have a lot on the line, but nothing like the Ravens.

SCENARIO#1-

Chargers WIN

Chiefs Lose

Ravens are out, LA is #1 seed and Chiefs drop to #5 seed

Scenario#2-

Ravens WIN

Chiefs Lose

Chiefs still #1, Ravens #4

Rest of it, makes no difference

3 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

It's what keeps us coming back. I think on a pretty much neutral field, LJ can make a few throws, while Gus and Dixon run the clock out....

Other than that, the Colts will be in.....

Two posts above you called them a "limited offense".....which is it?

SCENARIO#1-

Chargers WIN

Chiefs Lose

Ravens are out, LA is #1 seed and Chiefs drop to #5 seed

Scenario#2-

Ravens WIN

Chiefs Lose

Chiefs still #1, Ravens #4

Rest of it, makes no difference

This is the most likely scenario although week 17 plays into this as well. 

6 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

This is the most likely scenario although week 17 plays into this as well. 

It's very possible that all four teams mentioned, PIT, BAL, LAC, and KC will win their last games especially if they're still playing for playoff positions.  I think it all happens this weekend and week 17 is anti climatic.  Of course, of four games, there's probably odds that one loses and LAC and DEN is no cake walk if the Donks give it their best effort.  One thing the Chiefs have going for themselves is that a few of their players seem closer to coming back from injury.  Another is that LAC doesn't really have a home field advantage.  They lost to KC and DEN at home.

Archived