So how does Veach turn this defense around In the offseason?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Both of our starting safeties got hurt before the season. They drafted Watts in rd. 4 and he was hurt in week 5. He also signed David Amerson hoping to get a starting CB there.  Then he traded for Lucas and Ward prior to the season for depth. So its not like he completely ignored the secondary.

I think in hindsight even Veach might tell you that they should have gone DB in rd 2. But they didnt know if Fords back would hold up.

Its been the perfect storm of injuries and Reid keeping the worst DC in football in staff. Veach doesnt get a complete pass at all. But the dude needs more time before he gets a real grade.

Also dont forget he inherited a complete clusterfuck of a cap situation and no first round pick. 

I never said fire VEACH. I cant think of one thing he has done so far that improved the team this year. Yes he traded a very good QB for a decent corner.

26 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

I never said fire VEACH. I cant think of one thing he has done so far that improved the team this year. Yes he traded a very good QB for a decent corner.

He signed Austin Reiter who played good center while Morse was out! Theres 1 thing! He signed Andrew Wylie who has started in place of LDT and performed ok. He traded for and extended Cam Erving, who is a worthless pile of sh...err...wait.

24 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

He signed Sammy Watkins.  Extended LDT.  Had the guts to move on from Smith.  Stockpiled some picks in a year that we thought would be a step back year.  And all the while has us sitting at the number one seed in the AFC and second best record in all the NFL.  I don't know what people expect. 

3 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

He signed Austin Reiter who played good center while Morse was out! Theres 1 thing! He signed Andrew Wylie who has started in place of LDT and performed ok. He traded for and extended Cam Erving, who is a worthless pile of sh...err...wait.

Ok. Picked up some decent waiver guys. Good. Plenty of room on the current roster for more waiver pick ups. No impact players so far. 

Just now, reesebobby said:

He signed Sammy Watkins.  Extended LDT.  Had the guts to move on from Smith.  Stockpiled some picks in a year that we thought would be a step back year.  And all the while has us sitting at the number one seed in the AFC and second best record in all the NFL.  I don't know what people expect. 

Watkins was a OVER PRICED PURCHASE. KC out bid everyone else. Guts to move Smith? Obvious move. What I hope happens going forward are players than can step in immediately. If KC still had Smith the record might be 3-11. This roster has lots & lots of holes to fill. I am rooting for his success.

3 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Watkins was a OVER PRICED PURCHASE. KC out bid everyone else. Guts to move Smith? Obvious move. What I hope happens going forward are players than can step in immediately. If KC still had Smith the record might be 3-11. This roster has lots & lots of holes to fill. I am rooting for his success.

He may have been overpriced, but he's been a key part of one of the most prolific offenses in the history of the NFL.  And that has helped the team this year. 

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

30 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

26 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

You all are forgetting the most important thing he's done IMHO, being maybe mostly responsible & having a big influence on the Chiefs drafting Mahomes.

37 minutes ago, qnet said:

You all are forgetting the most important thing he's done IMHO, being maybe mostly responsible & having a big influence on the Chiefs drafting Mahomes.

Again the entire world new about Mahomes. It was not a secret prior to the draft. Veach did not do the trade up to get him. So big deal. Andy did the work he would have  eventually done anyway. Again...Veach deserves a chance to put a roster together and so far the results are iffy at best.

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

Again the entire world new about Mahomes. It was not a secret prior to the draft. Veach did not do the trade up to get him. So big deal. Andy did the work he would have  eventually done anyway. Again...Veach deserves a chance to put a roster together and so far the results are iffy at best.

And again he was pounding the table long before the draft and everyone knew about him. He kept on Andy and even Reid said when he is that passionate about a player you listen because of what he did in Philly and getting players. He did not trade up but I am sure his influence got them to do so after they all took a long look. No one matched the offer and teams passed on him to that point. Veach deserves a lot of the credit a he was already way ahead on Mahomes than many others when it came to draft time and knowing him.

Archived