Impending FAs

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Yeah this is ignorant. He clearly didnt watch Hitchens play at all in Dallas or he would have seen why the Chiefs were excited about getting him. He started over 50 games in Dallas and was a damn good player.

Reid has been working with Veach in some capacity for a very long time. He was groomed under Dorsey and his name was already making its way around in NFL circles as a future GM. 

Questioning a GMs ability to evaluate talent based off 1 offseason and 1 season (in which we are 11-3) is foolheardy at best. You need 3 years to really evaluate how a draft has turned out.

They made a huge mistake by retaining Sutton and this defensive staff. They wont make that mistake again. I can damn near guarantee it.

You sure about that???

I personally think Reid will retain Sutton and use the "we didn't have the talent" excuse...AGAIN.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Wow. Hitchens is playing out of position imo

Move him to Raglands spot. Keep Ragland as depth and draft another ILB

To say he sucks since coming here is fine but he was great with Dallas. The known factor is Sutton and why we need to move on from him. He does not adjust to the players at all.

Lets see Dallas let him go.  Regardless ....as a Chief he completely sucks. Awful addition.

16 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

You do realize he was the one force feeding Andy Reid about Pat Mahomes.  So he missed on an ILB or 2.   He hit a grand slam walk off game 7 hr with Mahomes.    And as much as Hitchens has sucked,  he didn't suck in Dallas and they don't run a 3-4 complicated D like we do.   

Mahomes was not a secret. Gruden even featured him on his show. Veach did not make the trade up either. Everyone saw Mahomes. Chargers almost took him at 7. Great so a guy said...hey Andy look at this kid. 

45 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Lets see Dallas let him go.  Regardless ....as a Chief he completely sucks. Awful addition.

Dallas did not trade in hope of keeping him. They could not match our offer as they had others to sign and cap space restrictions. It is not as simple as they let him go. They wanted to retain him.

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

Dallas did not trade in hope of keeping him. They could not match our offer as they had others to sign and cap space restrictions. It is not as simple as they let him go. They wanted to retain him.

dont pollute Fanatics view of reality with facts..its not humane 

9 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

dont pollute Fanatics view of reality with facts..its not humane 

My bad. I guess titans, indy, LA destructions and last 2 years of our defense is blamed on Hitchens. I remember when people were ecstatic for this signing. I know I will be again when they fire Sutton. That will be the greatest addition from subtraction analogy right there.

1 hour ago, artsy said:

You sure about that???

I personally think Reid will retain Sutton and use the "we didn't have the talent" excuse...AGAIN.

Short of a SB win I am damn near certain of it. His defenses have gone 7th, 24th, 28th, 31st in overall ranking the last 4 yrs. 

There has been more completely blown assignments and coverages this year. Its obvious this guy is not reaching his players. The unit has gotten progressively worse year to year. 

9 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Oh NO Mr OLD GUY.......Your reality is suddenly popular?  Hitchens Sucks Period. 

Do you think its possible Hitchens is a good football player who's skillset is completely misused in a scheme predicated on dropping linebackers into coverage?

Or have you really convinced yourself that he went from a well above average player, to not belonging in the NFL in one offseason? Or did you know anything about Hitchens in the first place?

If every player that had a bad season was placed in this "he doesnt belong in the NFL" category, then teams would have a hard time filling out rosters.

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

Mahomes was not a secret. Gruden even featured him on his show. Veach did not make the trade up either. Everyone saw Mahomes. Chargers almost took him at 7. Great so a guy said...hey Andy look at this kid. 

Bro Veach was spoon feeding Andy a year before anyone even thought about the guy.   All potential qbs are on Grudens show.   The point is Veach evaluates his talent and saw something special before all those other guys did.   It’s pretty well documented.   

46 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Do you think its possible Hitchens is a good football player who's skillset is completely misused in a scheme predicated on dropping linebackers into coverage?

Or have you really convinced yourself that he went from a well above average player, to not belonging in the NFL in one offseason? Or did you know anything about Hitchens in the first place?

If every player that had a bad season was placed in this "he doesnt belong in the NFL" category, then teams would have a hard time filling out rosters.

Really it does not matter. Currently he is not good.

37 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Bro Veach was spoon feeding Andy a year before anyone even thought about the guy.   All potential qbs are on Grudens show.   The point is Veach evaluates his talent and saw something special before all those other guys did.   It’s pretty well documented.   

Agree but it was not a secret draft day so KC would have STUMbLED on Mahomes anyway. Thrilled KC drafted him. VEACH get too much credit. Im not saying fire VEACH . I am pointing out VEACH has not accomplished much so far.

3 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Hitchens PFF grade has gone from 74 last year to 39.2 this year.  For a guy that's not hurt, this screams they aren't using him right. 

4 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Short of a SB win I am damn near certain of it. His defenses have gone 7th, 24th, 28th, 31st in overall ranking the last 4 yrs. 

There has been more completely blown assignments and coverages this year. Its obvious this guy is not reaching his players. The unit has gotten progressively worse year to year. 

Blown assignments could be more of a sign of bad players than a coach not reaching them.  Just saying.  I agree Sutton isn’t the answer, but the claim that the defense lacks talent isn’t exactly unfounded. We have 4, maybe 5 guys on defense that would play substantial snaps on any other team. The defense is going to take two off seasons to revamp the talent to the point that it can be in the top half of the league, regardless of who the dc is.  We are just bad on that side of the ball. 

41 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

I agree Sutton needs to go. But watch all the bad angles, missed tackles, stupid penalties, drop INTs. It take a village to have a defense this shitty.

Need to teach them then. Not sure what they do during practice or film room if they are not practicing it on the field.

20 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Need to teach them then. Not sure what they do during practice or film room if they are not practicing it on the field.

So you acquire a 30 year old veteran or bring back an old safety that used to be on the team and you have to teach them how to tackle in practice? 

18 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

So you acquire a 30 year old veteran or bring back an old safety that used to be on the team and you have to teach them how to tackle in practice? 

No but you need to nip it in the bud too if you see it happening. Corrective action can't be that hard to preach and then practice. Instead everyone thinks it is ok and it becomes contagious.

3 hours ago, azchief21 said:

Well we sure like to reward bad play around here.   Every week the worst on the team play the most snaps.   Young guys can't even take a crack at winning the job because guys who don't, can't or won't still get al the reps.   

You are right that our players aren't great, but there comes a time when you look to the future and realize its better for young guys to make mistakes and learn than keep running old dogs who refuse to put their nose in run plays or worse yet avoid making contact or taking on a lineman to free up another defender to make the play.   That falls on the DC and at the end of the day the one in charge is responsible.   

11 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Todd Bowles and Steve Spagnuola are both good DCs that bring attacking style and have ties to Andy.  Both would be huge upgrades among some other names.  

Bowles is my first choice if we stay in a 34. And the connection makes a lot of sense. Spags would be great if we switched to an even front. Plus he is the anti Sutton. Dude is extremely vocal, and involved on the sideline and blitzes the shit out of the QB. And has the ties. 

My heart wants them to switch to a 43. I think a move to DE for Speaks, a move to Will for DOD, and a move to SAM for Hitchens could maximize the skillsets of all. But we would essentially be moving to a defense where Dee Ford was a situational pass rusher. I cant see them franchising a guy that only plays on obvious passing downs. Houston is stout enough against the run to make the switch, but he has that ridiculous cap number.

My head tells me staying in a 34 makes the most sense. With a DC who has the sense to utilize our ILBs strengths instead of magnifying their weaknesses. We have a hell of a pass rush and the money to keep it intact for another season if they choose. Then cut Houston after NEXT season when his dead cap number is only 1 million dollars. Plus would they really want to ask Chris Jones to make a position change when he has become an elite player?

Ill tell you what Mikey...unless this season ends with a Lombardi in KC, every single  day Sutton is employed here after our season ends is gonna fucking infuriate me. 

11 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Bowles is my first choice if we stay in a 34. And the connection makes a lot of sense. Spags would be great if we switched to an even front. Plus he is the anti Sutton. Dude is extremely vocal, and involved on the sideline and blitzes the shit out of the QB. And has the ties. 

My heart wants them to switch to a 43. I think we could a move to DE for Speaks, a move to Will for DOD, and a move to SAM for Hitchens could maximize the skillsets of all. But we would essentially be moving to a defense where Dee Ford was a situational pass rusher. I cant see them franchising a guy that only plays on obvious passing downs. Houston is stout enough against the run to make the switch, but he has that ridiculous cap number.

My head tells me staying in a 34 makes the most sense. With a DC who has the sense to utilize our ILBs strengths instead of magnifying their weaknesses. We have a hell of a pass rush and the money to keep it intact for another season if they choose. Then cut Houston after NEXT season when his dead cap number is only 1 million dollars. Plus would they really want to ask Chris Jones to make a position change when he has become an elite player?

Ill tell you what Mikey...unless this season ends with a Lombardi in KC, every single  day Sutton is employed here after our season ends is gonna fucking infuriate me. 

I was with you on the switch, but that might be too hard on the players we have.  Let's go get a top notch 3-4 DC so it's an easy transition.

6 minutes ago, dksww said:

I was with you on the switch, but that might be too hard on the players we have.  Let's go get a top notch 3-4 DC so it's an easy transition.

Bowles, John Fox. If we switched Del Rio is available. Spags. I honestly havent researched list of up and coming position coaches. Spitballing a bit here.

With this team being where it is, I think Reid will want someone with experience and who commands players respect to run his defense so he can continue focusing on the offense himself.

10 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Well we sure like to reward bad play around here.   Every week the worst on the team play the most snaps.   Young guys can't even take a crack at winning the job because guys who don't, can't or won't still get al the reps.   

You are right that our players aren't great, but there comes a time when you look to the future and realize its better for young guys to make mistakes and learn than keep running old dogs who refuse to put their nose in run plays or worse yet avoid making contact or taking on a lineman to free up another defender to make the play.   That falls on the DC and at the end of the day the one in charge is responsible.   

I guess that could be the case? Unfortunately  I doubt Reid would let inferior guys on the field in any capacity. Its not like he does not watch practice. Reality...the back ups are not better and that is scary. Overall roster is not strong and lacks depth on the defensive side. So my take is those guys suck worse.

Archived